Windows 10: Firefox and Windows 10 2004

Discus and support Firefox and Windows 10 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Firefox under Windows 10 has always been a RAM hog...but in 2004, they take it to a new level. TWICE NOW Firefox has used 2000+MB of RAm for my usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSpiritBaby2K, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Firefox and Windows 10 2004

Firefox under Windows 10 has always been a RAM hog...but in 2004, they take it to a new level. TWICE NOW Firefox has used 2000+MB of RAm for my usual amount of tabs

1. Gmail
    2. Google Calendar
    3. Outlook (School email)
    4. Pocket
    5. Discord
    6. Telegram
    7. Android Messages
    8. YouTube
    9. Reddit
    10. extra tabs that pop in and out as a browse the web.

In Edge (Chromium) about 1300MB of RAM is used 1.3 GB by itself

In Firefox north of 2300MB of RAM is used 2.3GB by itself

and with a system that has 8GB of RAM well...sometimes a crash results. Now, before Windows 10 2004, Firefox would never crash my system with everything going as usual. (Other than Firefox I would have File Explorer open with a couple windows, and iTunes...the same with Edge).

So yeah...if any of you out there use Firefox and are considering upgrading to Windows 10 2004, maybe either dump Firefox for Edge (Chromium) or stay on 1909 until Firefox gets their memory management together.

submitted by /u/TheSpiritBaby2K
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheSpiritBaby2K, Jun 2, 2020

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jun 2, 2020
  3. JimWynne Win User
    WINDOWS 10 VS FIREFOX

If you were turned on to Firefox 25 years ago, it was about 13 years before the first official release of the browser in 2004. If you're suggesting that FF isn't compatible with Windows 10, you're wrong. I'm using it right now.

JimWynne, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Firefox and Windows 10 2004

Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Firefox and Windows 10 2004

1. Firefox and Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Firefox 2004

2. error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux: error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux it says"" We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when...
  3. error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux: error downloading windows 10 iso from firefox browser on kali linux it says"" We are unable to complete your request at this time. Some users, entities and locations are banned from using this service. For this reason, leveraging anonymous or location hiding technologies when...
  4. Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox...: My Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox, Chrome or Edge. Windows is totally up to date as are all my drivers. 64 GB RAM, i7 processor. I've totally reset all browsers. I've run Windows troubleshooters, restarted after every change, but I can't get any of the...
  5. Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox...

Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox...: My Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox, Chrome or Edge. Windows is totally up to date as are all my drivers. 64 GB RAM, i7 processor. I've totally reset all browsers. I've run Windows troubleshooters, restarted after every change, but I can't get any of the...
  6. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  7. Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10...: Past few months I can't login to my yahoo mail account from my pc using edge, chrome, firefox or windows10 Yahoo app? It timesout and does let me enter my password. Or it tells me I've failed to access my account too many times and I need to wait an hour even thoughIhavenot...
  8. Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows...: I have 6 displays setup with 2 of them being on top of another 2 below. Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows peeking into display on top. Here screenshots could upload for some reason here Chrome -...
  9. Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 2004 made Firefox unuseable.: Last night I installed the 2004 update for Windows 10, then shut down and went to bed. This morning I fired up my PC and started Firefox, only to find that it had slowed down to the point that it was unuseable. Most of my bookmarked sites (YouTube, Outlook, Reddit etc.,)...
  10. Windows 10 (2004) Firefox keeps opening on third Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 (2004) Firefox keeps opening on third Virtual Desktop: Installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 2004 the other day and noticed that when I have more than two Virtual Desktops, Firefox 77 always opens on the third Virtual Desktop regardless what desktop I'm starting it on. It only happens with Firefox, all other programs I have open...