Windows 10: Firefox being trash as usual

Discus and support Firefox being trash as usual in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All of sudden I cant open firefox, im getting the message "firefox is already running but is not responding, the old process must be closed to open a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by eraldorh, Feb 4, 2020.

1. eraldorh Win User

Firefox being trash as usual

All of sudden I cant open firefox, im getting the message "firefox is already running but is not responding, the old process must be closed to open a new window"

The problem is that process will not end, theres 3 tasks of firefox open for some reason and 2 will end but one remains and will not close. I followed a tutorial online to restart and delete the parent.lock in the firefox profile folder and then restart and this works but upon the second reboot the problem returns once again. Why is it doing this and how do I fix this permanently?

:)

eraldorh, Feb 4, 2020

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Firefox being trash as usual

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Firefox being trash as usual

1. Firefox being trash as usual - Similar Threads - Firefox being trash

2. TRASH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TRASH: Hican trash in Gmail automatically be deleted daileyThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trash/a6719a78-65d1-470e-b9a0-d7d0c0197043
  3. TRASH

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TRASH: Hican trash in Gmail automatically be deleted daileyThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trash/a6719a78-65d1-470e-b9a0-d7d0c0197043
  4. TRASH

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows update being awesome as per usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update being awesome as per usual: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/L0to [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/rce1ff/windows_update_being_awesome_as_per_usual/
  6. Firefox browser slower than usual...

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox browser slower than usual...: I seem to have firefox browser version # 86.0.1 opening up slower than usual. The only difference that has been on my computer is the firefox updates that have changed. I use Windows 10 pro 64Bit version 20H2. I noticed this on 2 computers running the same operating system...
  7. Firefox Send and Firefox Notes are being decommissioned by Mozilla

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Send and Firefox Notes are being decommissioned by Mozilla: As Mozilla tightens and refines its product focus in 2020, today we are announcing the end of life for two legacy services that grew out of the Firefox Test Pilot program: Firefox Send and Firefox Notes. Both services are being decommissioned and will no longer be a part of...
  8. File permissions being a pain as usual...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File permissions being a pain as usual...: I have foobar2000 set (in the W10 "default apps" menu) as my audio player. When I open a flac/mp3 file by double clicking in the explorer, it opens just fine in foobar2000 as it should. However, when I search something in the taskbar search, and press Enter to open it...
  9. Windows 10 being trash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 being trash: I have been having issues with my internet connection. My system has internet, but the system reports to me that I have no internet connection. I can use every app but spotify which is a problem. Win10 sends a reply to spotify saying I have no wifi, causing spotify to go...
  10. Screenshots.... not being saved in usual folder anymore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Screenshots.... not being saved in usual folder anymore?: A while ago, after an update a month or so ago, I've discovered that the screenshots no longer save in the Pictures library folder. Where did they go, and why were they moved? 131419