Windows 10: Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked

Discus and support Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I run W10 (upgrade from 8.0) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. This morning, I reinstalled Firefox, but I get a "blocked by administrator" message. Chrome,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RogerBlair1, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked

I run W10 (upgrade from 8.0) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. This morning, I reinstalled Firefox, but I get a "blocked by administrator" message. Chrome, Opera, Edge and IE all work normally. I can bring Firefox up with "Run as Administrator," but that won't work when I click on a link in an email. How do I fix this? (I have a vague memory that I dealt with it before, but I can't remember any of the steps.)

:)

RogerBlair1, Aug 3, 2018

2. Cannot work out how to block chrome on my child's account

Hi,

Have started using Microsoft family, which seems like a great idea. However, chrome still seems to be working normally on my child's login, and he can do what he wants there. I would like to block chrome, but cannot see where to do so. My list of blocked
    apps includes Firefox, Opera, 360 browser and Sogue High-speed Browser, but not Chrome, and I cannot see where I can add it to the list.

Can anyone help?

YoelGreenbergBIU, Aug 3, 2018
  3. SKH123 Win User
    Family Safety Not Blocking Websites on Google Chrome

Family safety has suddenly stopped blocking any website on the blocked list when using Google Chrome. It still blocks them on Microsoft Edge but Edge additionally blocks Google websites such as Gmail and Google Docs even though they are on the allowed list.

I have tried removing and adding back the account but it did not help. Any advice on fixing this issue will be much appreciated.

SKH123, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked

IE, Edge and Chrome run, but Firefox won't

Monday, I applied the April update to my Lenovo G700 laptop.I normally use Firefox as my default browser, but this morning. it won't even run. Yesterday, I found that IE, Edge and Chrome work with Mail, but Firefox wouldn't; today, Firefox won't even run,
    whether from the Start menu or my taskbar shortcut. All I get is a "This app has been blocked by your System Administrator." message. Obviously, there's some setting that isn't set properly, but I don't know what it is or how to set it. Could anyone suggest
    a solution that would let Firefox run?

Thanks

RogerBlair1, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked

1. Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked - Similar Threads - Firefox blocked administrator

2. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  3. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable is blocking Google Chrome and Opera browsers. Firefox still...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Service Executable is blocking Google Chrome and Opera browsers. Firefox still...: I recently performed a System Restore after a driver update put Windows 10 into a perpetual BSOD. After the restoration and I was able to return to Windows again, I noticed that both Chrome and Opera browsers stopped working. There is a previous thread about this that was...
  5. Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix: I get "your connection is not private" error on most web browsers like opera, chrome, edge. Some websites are still accessible but others are not.In Google Chrome and Opera show as: "Your connection is not private"Attackers might be trying to steal your information from...
  6. Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix: I get "your connection is not private" error on most web browsers like opera, chrome, edge. Some websites are still accessible but others are not.In Google Chrome and Opera show as: "Your connection is not private"Attackers might be trying to steal your information from...
  7. Google.com blocked in edge but working in chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google.com blocked in edge but working in chrome?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/asking2die [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuzm9c/googlecom_blocked_in_edge_but_working_in_chrome/
  8. Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome I am blocked as the administrator.: somehow in Chrome I am blocked as the administrator. I am the only person using my laptop! I thought if I changed it in Microsoft it might allow me to be the admin again in chrome. Don't know how to change administrator in Microsoft....
  9. Can`t open Facebook & Instagram In Chrome, Opera, Firefox. Edge & IE - OK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can`t open Facebook & Instagram In Chrome, Opera, Firefox. Edge & IE - OK: I faced this problem couple of days back did research online and still no fix, i can open all sites through chrome except of facebook, instragram and whatsapp web. I tried reset chrome settings and dns release and flushing but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated!...
  10. Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge: This may not be a Windows 10 problem. I thought some of you might be able to help me get this problem solved. A few Youtube videos, some videos on contest sites I visit, and one on Woodsmith Shops. Most comments that I have gotten asking on another computer help site,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IE blocked by administrator

2. sogue high-speed browser