Windows 10: FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing

Discus and support FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm not really sure when this started (maybe 2 weeks ago). My browser of choice is FireFox, so I'm not really sure if this happens in other web... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hotsuma, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Hotsuma Win User

FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing

I'm not really sure when this started (maybe 2 weeks ago). My browser of choice is FireFox, so I'm not really sure if this happens in other web browsers. Every so often while I am browsing or using multiple tabs, the page would glitch up. There would be black, white, or blue stripes all over the page; words would mesh together; the page would be all black, etc. Reloading the page would temporally fix the issue.

Once today I had received an error message when the page glitched, froze, then closed. The problem seems to be related to Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (MPC-HC). Which is my media player of choice. I've already tried updating it with no luck. It still didn't fix the issue. This is an old computer that I've been using for over 12 years now. Here are the specs and an attachment:

ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo Motherboard
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555 [w/ Latest Gaming Drivers]
    Corsair 750 Watt Power Supply
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor 2.83GHz
    4 GB RAM
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Hotsuma, Apr 8, 2019
  2. gsir---01 Win User

OVI Share crashing Firefox Browser

Anyone else running Firefox experiencing this issue today?

Migration went fine, and having used OVI daily using Firefox, today I put it down to the site being really busy, but no, it loads fine in IE, but in FF it crashes my browser.

I cleared my cookies, and cache thinking it may cure it, but it still freezes my browser.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

gsir---01, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Castiel Win User
    Web browsers

Thats not a lot of options. I would only suggest Internet Explorer or Opera. If you are looking for simplicity then IE I guess, but Opera seems like they are making their browser look more like Chrome or the new Firefox.

Castiel, Apr 8, 2019
  4. TIGR Win User

Standard Build - which browser

I second qubit's Firefox suggestion. Maybe the demographics at your business are different but most of the people I talk to are most familiar with Firefox OR find it the easiest browser to switch to. I'm also biased looking at Firefox from a developer's standpoint.

TIGR, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing - Similar Threads - FireFox browser glitching

2. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  3. a problem with firefox been the default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a problem with firefox been the default browser: This is on my Dell laptop OS Win 10 Home 64bit. Every time I start Firefox, Firefox asks if "I want Firefox to be the default browser", see the 1st screen capture attachment bellow. I click yes and the default app window opens up. See the 2nd screen capture attachment bellow....
  4. Multiple Firefox browser tabs load

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Firefox browser tabs load: *BiggrinRandomly when i`m using Outlook 365 or Firefox 62, numerous Firefox icons will run along the taskbar and vertically, and it`s quite difficult to stop and get rid of them, and most times i have to turn the computer off to start again. On the page it loads is "Try...
  5. Firefox not showing as default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox not showing as default browser?: So....I have tried everything (trust me I really have) and I've searched through numerous forums. This issue is just appallingly bad, and it seems to me that it is a deliberate attempt to force me to use browsers that Microsoft wants me to use...rather than what I CHOOSE....
  6. Update for Firefox Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Update for Firefox Browser: [img] Firefox Update 43574
  7. All Browsers Crashing

in Browsers and Email
    All Browsers Crashing: Not sure what is going on. Ever since updating to Windows 10 every browser I use crashed. I have been trying Internet Explorer, Edge, and Chrome and have the same issue in all of them. Chrome is a little more stable then the other two. Example when opening up Internet...
  8. Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can Not Set Firefox as Default Browser: I've been able to set Firefox as my default browser before, but recently after reinstalling FireFox, Wi10 is simply not allowing me to set a default browser at all (other than default - Edge). wMeEdfGBsTk 51099
  9. firefox browser security

in Browsers and Email
    firefox browser security: hi, guys I hear browser security should be taken seriously, which top extensions/add-on's do you guys use/recommend to make Firefox really safe when I am browsing, thanks for you time guys, , 63893
  10. BSOD sometimes, browser&explorer crash too

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD sometimes, browser&explorer crash too: I'm unfamiliar with diagnosing errors. My PC turned itself off a couple times and I've also witnessed firsthand while it got a BSOD. First time was: Kernel_data_inpage_error And second time (today) is: Unexpected_store_exception I noticed my PC going slow. I have Daum...