Windows 10: FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing

Discus and support FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm not really sure when this started (maybe 2 weeks ago). My browser of choice is FireFox, so I'm not really sure if this happens in other web... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Hotsuma, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Hotsuma Win User

FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing

I'm not really sure when this started (maybe 2 weeks ago). My browser of choice is FireFox, so I'm not really sure if this happens in other web browsers. Every so often while I am browsing or using multiple tabs, the page would glitch up. There would be black, white, or blue stripes all over the page; words would mesh together; the page would be all black, etc. Reloading the page would temporally fix the issue.

Once today I had received an error message when the page glitched, froze, then closed. The problem seems to be related to Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (MPC-HC). Which is my media player of choice. I've already tried updating it with no luck. It still didn't fix the issue. This is an old computer that I've been using for over 12 years now. Here are the specs and an attachment:

ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo Motherboard
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555 [w/ Latest Gaming Drivers]
    Corsair 750 Watt Power Supply
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor 2.83GHz
    4 GB RAM
    Windows 10 Pro x64

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Hotsuma, Apr 8, 2019
  2. gsir---01 Win User

OVI Share crashing Firefox Browser

Anyone else running Firefox experiencing this issue today?

Migration went fine, and having used OVI daily using Firefox, today I put it down to the site being really busy, but no, it loads fine in IE, but in FF it crashes my browser.

I cleared my cookies, and cache thinking it may cure it, but it still freezes my browser.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

gsir---01, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Castiel Win User
    Web browsers

Thats not a lot of options. I would only suggest Internet Explorer or Opera. If you are looking for simplicity then IE I guess, but Opera seems like they are making their browser look more like Chrome or the new Firefox.

Castiel, Apr 8, 2019
  4. TIGR Win User

Standard Build - which browser

I second qubit's Firefox suggestion. Maybe the demographics at your business are different but most of the people I talk to are most familiar with Firefox OR find it the easiest browser to switch to. I'm also biased looking at Firefox from a developer's standpoint.

TIGR, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. FireFox browser glitching sometimes / browser crashing - Similar Threads - FireFox browser glitching

2. Firefox browser crashing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox browser crashing in Windows 11: From several weeks, my Firefox browser in Windows 11 laptop crashing. I usually have 3-4 tabs open in it then a warning is displayed that "browser not responding"I asked some of my friends who are using Firefox in their Window 10 laptop, they're not facing any issue.Chrome...
  3. Firefox browser crashing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox browser crashing in Windows 11: From several weeks, my Firefox browser in Windows 11 laptop crashing. I usually have 3-4 tabs open in it then a warning is displayed that "browser not responding"I asked some of my friends who are using Firefox in their Window 10 laptop, they're not facing any issue.Chrome...
  4. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  5. using firefox browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using firefox browser: Why can't i use firefox as my browser instead of microsoft edge. I am more familiar with firefox. but microsoft wont let me change without the threat of cant come back after switching from S mo...
  6. Better browser then firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Better browser then firefox?: Is there a browser that 1- isn't way different 2-can use almost all FF addons 3-doesn't force u to update or remind u every day numerous times. #3 is the reason i wanna change. I don't know why but the update prompt gone from a few times a day to literally every few minutes....
  7. a problem with the firefox browser

in Browsers and Email
    a problem with the firefox browser: This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Home 64 bit. When I boot up the laptop and the desktop comes up. Random programs that are installed on my C: HD will pop up on the desktop without me clicking on those programs to open them up. I screen captured one of...
  8. FireFox Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    FireFox Browser: I wish to add a picture in the body of the browser instead of color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-browser/4dbd8dbf-bc60-4186-b6a4-00b231a23d9f
  9. Update for Firefox Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Update for Firefox Browser: [img] Firefox Update 43574
  10. firefox browser security

in Browsers and Email
    firefox browser security: hi, guys I hear browser security should be taken seriously, which top extensions/add-on's do you guys use/recommend to make Firefox really safe when I am browsing, thanks for you time guys, , 63893