Windows 10: Firefox browser only shows code on some websites

Discus and support Firefox browser only shows code on some websites in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When using Firefox62/Windows 10 some pages load only the code, not the actual rendered page. Edge works OK. Is there a setting in Firefox or Windows to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DennisR17, Sep 21, 2018.

1. DennisR17 Win User

Firefox browser only shows code on some websites

When using Firefox62/Windows 10 some pages load only the code, not the actual rendered page. Edge works OK. Is there a setting in Firefox or Windows to correct this from happening in Firefox? Someone from Microsoft Service fixed this for me, but I was unable to ask how it was done or if there was a way to correct it should it happen again. I notice now on the corrected pages the code always starts with <!DOCTYPE html>. Previously, the pages that showed only code started with a bunch of other code, usually with Apache in it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

:)

DennisR17, Sep 21, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Firefox not showing as default browser?

HI Zane, sorry you’re having these troubles.

Here are the steps I would take:

Let’s run through some items to try to fix Edge.

Reset Edge. Click start - settings - apps - find Edge on the list. Click on it, and then advanced, terminate, then hit reset. Make sure it’s strong hold on anything is gone.

Now, uninstall Firefox, reboot, reinstall.

See if you can now assign Firefox as your default browser.

Good luck, and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to make Firefox as the default web browser and check it the issue persist.

Follow the steps below.

• Open Control panel.
    • Select Default Programs.
    • Click on Firefox and set that application as Default.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox browser only shows code on some websites - Similar Threads - Firefox browser shows

2. Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.: See this screenshot I took. This has been happening on some websites, but not every one. I've been trying to mess with different font settings but no luck so far. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm on Windows 10 and everything is up to date....
  3. Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.: See this screenshot I took. This has been happening on some websites, but not every one. I've been trying to mess with different font settings but no luck so far. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm on Windows 10 and everything is up to date....
  4. Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text: Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge and brave, actually I can't identify the content of several webpages showing as symbols instead of proper text. I think this is...
  6. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text: Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge and brave, actually I can't identify the content of several webpages showing as symbols instead of proper text. I think this is...
  7. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Text only on some websites

in Browsers and Email
    Text only on some websites: When using Chrome I am getting a few websites (not all) that only display text aligned to the left. If I visit the same website in Edge, it displays correctly with all it's graphics. Is this a Chrome problem and if so, how do I fix it? I must admit though that Edge is...
  9. Firefox scroll bar missing on some websites

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox scroll bar missing on some websites: Hi Folks An odd issue - When using Firefox I notice that on some websites the scrollbar is missing & the page will not scroll using the mousewheel. Everything is up to date. A particular website where this happens is: The Quietus Any suggestions welcome. 129767
  10. Firefox not showing as default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox not showing as default browser?: So....I have tried everything (trust me I really have) and I've searched through numerous forums. This issue is just appallingly bad, and it seems to me that it is a deliberate attempt to force me to use browsers that Microsoft wants me to use...rather than what I CHOOSE....