Windows 10: Firefox browser slower than usual...

Discus and support Firefox browser slower than usual... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I seem to have firefox browser version # 86.0.1 opening up slower than usual. The only difference that has been on my computer is the firefox updates... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Blackink, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Blackink Win User

Firefox browser slower than usual...

I seem to have firefox browser version # 86.0.1 opening up slower than usual. The only difference that has been on my computer is the firefox updates that have changed.
    I use Windows 10 pro 64Bit version 20H2.

I noticed this on 2 computers running the same operating system and same version: 20H2.

The only thing I can see is an hourglass that seems to load up in the tab part of the browser right above the address bar, after that loads up, the Web page I'm trying to get to loads up.
    This hourglass was never there before and my Web pages loaded right up. I may be talking a second or 2 or 3 but it was never taking this long before.
    See the picture:

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

:)

Blackink, Mar 16, 2021
  2. JSheridan Win User

a problem with firefox been the default browser

No I don't remember seeing it before installing Waterfox. Also, I tried uninstalling both Firefox and Waterfox and then installed Firefox, still not present on the Default Browser list.

Windows 10 1809 with the latest updates but the same problem was there in 1803. I didn't notice it before then.

I tried the suggestions in the link you provided and nothing worked except the last one with the command prompt command. That worked on the laptop that was most affected and made Firefox appear on the list and is now my default browser. Firefox browser slower than usual... :)

I also have a desktop which has had Firefox as the default browser forever but it doesn't show up on the Default Browser list and none of the suggestions worked to make it appear. I'm not going to mess with that one too much as Firefox is already the default browser so I'll be fine unless it somehow gets changed.

Thanks for your help. Firefox browser slower than usual... :)

JSheridan, Mar 16, 2021
  3. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Firefox browser slower than usual...

Unresponsive script error in Firefox browser

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Firefox browser. We will help you.

• Are you facing the same issue in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • Did you try deleting the browsing history and clearing the cache and check if the issue resolves?
    If it works fine in Internet explorer and Microsoft Edge and not in Firefox, I suggest you to
    uninstall the Firefox application and reinstall it and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Programs and features.
    • Select the Firefox app and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and reinstall the Firefox and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Firefox browser slower than usual...

1. Firefox browser slower than usual... - Similar Threads - Firefox browser slower

2. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  3. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  4. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  6. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  7. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

8. Internet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  9. Internet slower than usual

Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  10. Ethernet slower than usual

Ethernet slower than usual: Recently, I moved my PC to another area and now the ethernet went from 120 mpbs download speed to 30. The router and everything is right next to the PC, but yet the ethernet speed was cut in four. What happened and how do I fix it?...