Windows 10: Firefox "can't load XPCOM" - even with complete fresh reinstall

Discus and support Firefox "can't load XPCOM" - even with complete fresh reinstall in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have tried seemingly everything bar reinstalling Windows 10 to try to get Firefox to work again. I've moved my profile to an external HDD, and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Gaz1701, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Gaz1701 Win User

Firefox "can't load XPCOM" - even with complete fresh reinstall

I have tried seemingly everything bar reinstalling Windows 10 to try to get Firefox to work again.

I've moved my profile to an external HDD, and deleted everywhere I know that Firefox is located:
    • C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox (OR)
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
    • C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox
    • C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Mozilla\updates
    • C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
    • Plus even the 'roaming' ones, too
    AND used the Advanced scan with Revo Uninstaller to remove every other trace of Firefox - registry included.

But after [the ridiculously long process of] reinstalling firefox, the same error message still keeps appearing!
    I've ran out of ideas (and running out of patience) as to why it still keeps saying this.

I don't know if it's just because my computer's so old or not, but seems to take at least something like 10 minutes to install it! And to keep on trying to uninstall it and reinstalling it all the time seems to take forever.

Any help will be much appreciated. I don't like the other webbrowsers, and for the time being I'm using a Mozilla-based on called CLIQZ - but I can't install any addons to it, as it's a "privacy browser".

*edit* sorry, didn't see the 'Browsers and Email' section there, my bad *Redface

:)

Gaz1701, Jun 19, 2017

2. HELP

OH another tihng. Only edge browser is working. Isnt it a exe data ,too?

Firefox says couldnt load XPCOM

LouisWagnerXD, Jun 19, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jun 19, 2017
  4. If you go to Index page mozillaZine Forums and type "xpcom" (without the quotation marks, cf course,) in the box entitled Search Boards" on the right side of the screen, you will see a lengthy set of replies, some of which might have useful information for you.

Not Myself, Jun 20, 2017
  5. Gaz1701 Win User
    Sorry for the late reply, I've tried the suggestions they put on there:

It worked ONCE [and once only], but after restarting Firefox, the same message appears again! I've posted what I've done so far on their forums

Ps. Thanks for the info on what XPCOM is Josey Wales, but there's far too much to read - and I don't really understand it anyway (or how it could be useful to me)

Gaz1701, Jun 24, 2017
  6. Then why care if you can't open it??*Wink

Josey Wales, Jun 24, 2017
  7. pyramid10 Win User

You may want to visit palemoon dot org, and check out their browser(s) as alternative(s) to the privacy browser you are now using.

Mozilla/Firefox is moving closer to a WebExtension add-on only browser (version 57?).

Pale Moon, as a forked Firefox browser and further developed independently from Mozilla, can accept non-WebExtension add-on's with the exception of JetPack add-on's. And no Australis! Progress has its gains and losses.

pyramid10, Jun 25, 2017
  8. Gaz1701 Win User
    I don't quite know how I've gotten it to work, but I've had much bigger issues with the internet on my Desktop not working - but I'll post that as a separate thread in the relevant place.

Thanks for the suggestion pyramid10, I'll have to try it out *Smile

Gaz1701, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox "can't load XPCOM" - even with complete fresh reinstall - Similar Threads - Firefox can't load

2. I can't factory reset my laptop... Or even Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't factory reset my laptop... Or even Fresh Start: For some reason it keeps saying "No changes were made." How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-factory-reset-my-laptop-or-even-fresh-start/e8cfdead-e4b7-45f0-8a68-ebd60f02bb82
  3. Windows is not completely loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is not completely loading: Ever since the last Windows update my computer is acting crazy! Missing program icons, task bar not fully loading and taking FOREVER to load up at all. Any help would be appreciated...
  4. Firefox unable to complete re-install....

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox unable to complete re-install....: Having had problems earlier with Firefox my default browser decided to remove and re-install, however the new download is unable to complete saying try again. This sounds as though it hasn't uninstalled properly to begin with so any ideas how to resolve this ? Thanks...
  5. User Account not completely loaded

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account not completely loaded: Hi, im running windows 10 in an active directory enviroment. If I log in with my own account some of the programms are not availible for example edge. It seems to me that the profile is not completely loaded somehow. Looks like this: [img] For me it looks like if...
  6. 'Can't Complete Update'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    'Can't Complete Update': I am the custodian of several Lenovo laptop Computers for a Charity. They are installed with Win 8.1 and have operated satisfactorily for 12 months. I have successfully upgraded 3 of these units to Win 10, although each has taken about 12 hours to load and install the...
  7. Random BSOD even with fresh reset, can't find the cause

Random BSOD even with fresh reset, can't find the cause: Hi, I'm having BSODs on my laptop since months and I struggle finding the reason. I asked for help on the Microsoft community, but I thought I should give a try here as well. I work on a Lenovo T440P and the BSODs seem to happen more frequently when I stress the...
  8. BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall

BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall: Hello, any help would be greatly appreciated as this frustrating problem has been happening for months. So I have a Toshiba Z20T-B laptop with a copy of Windows 10 Pro reinstalled only 3 days ago. The problems were occurring before that too. The computer has BSOD'd...
  9. Search can't find anything (even "calculator") -- eternally loading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Search can't find anything (even "calculator") -- eternally loading: Hi! I upgraded my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit install to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (build 10240 from "winver") last month. The Start Menu search, ever since I upgraded, has always been really slow at finding things, but now it's died. I have a pretty decent, but old laptop:...
  10. Can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reinstall: Ugh. I tried to reset my PC to its factory settings via the Acer Recovery Management, however I am now presented with a damaged recovery OS and nothing else. I'm 15, so can't go out to buy a new PC (just bought this one 2 days ago) or the Acer Recovery Discs (which I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xpcom keeps coming up even after reinstall

2. can load xpcom when trying to reinstall firefox