Windows 10: Firefox can't stream Netflix after Windows update KB4464218

Discus and support Firefox can't stream Netflix after Windows update KB4464218 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings, I am using Windows 10 Pro 32-bit, Firefox Version 62.0.3 Build ID 20181001155545 (latest version and updated) After Windows installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter - Costa Mesa, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Firefox can't stream Netflix after Windows update KB4464218

Greetings,

I am using Windows 10 Pro 32-bit, Firefox Version 62.0.3 Build ID 20181001155545 (latest version and updated)

After Windows installed updates I can't watch videos on Netflix (all videos) only, YouTube works just fine. I searched for the Netflix error and found that it says it's typically related to the browser.

Netflix Error M7121-1331

I knew nothing else with the computer changed except Windows Updates so I uninstalled that update KB4464218 and rebooted. Problem Solved!

The problem is that this is an important Windows Update and it keeps getting reinstalled automatically, and then the problem comes back with Netflix, and I have to go in and uninstall it again.

I posted this over on the Mozilla community support and got a response that this isn't an issue with the browser and the issue is with Windows. So this is why I'm posting it here.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

:)

Peter - Costa Mesa, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Netflix does not stream readily

Hi Jack,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you encountering the same issue using other browsers?
    • What websites usually don't stream on Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • Are you getting an error when streaming on Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Netflix app?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Firefox can't stream Netflix after Windows update KB4464218

Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Firefox can't stream Netflix after Windows update KB4464218

1. Firefox can't stream Netflix after Windows update KB4464218 - Similar Threads - Firefox can't stream

2. Unable to stream Netflix in 4K

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to stream Netflix in 4K: I just got a new 4k monitor and I was excited to try out Netflix streaming in 4k but all the titles continue to show only in HD. - My ISP is Google Fiber, have plenty of bandwidth and 4K works fine on my TV - Tried on both Microsoft Edge and the Windows Netflix App -...
  3. Can't Access Streaming Sites Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access Streaming Sites Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+: I've got a bit of weird problem that only started happening recently. When connected to my modem via ethernet, I cannot access the Netflix website through my browser Edge, nor Amazon Prime or Disney+. The Prime Video and Netflix apps fro, the Windows Store also do not work....
  4. (KB4464218) Error 0x800f0900

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    (KB4464218) Error 0x800f0900: I need updates for Windows security but I get this message.( Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4464218) - Error 0x800f0900) Can you tell me what's the problem with this update and what is the solution....
  5. Update KB4464218 will not install on a Microsoft Surface

Update KB4464218 will not install on a Microsoft Surface: The above update, KB4464218, will not install on a MS Surface. It has installed on my other Surface devices, but will not on one. Any ideas on how to solve? Error code is 0x8e5e03fa...
  6. Windows 10 failed to update KB4464218 17 times

Windows 10 failed to update KB4464218 17 times: Dear All, I am having a problem with this update KB4464218, my gaming laptop tried 17 times to update but it failed miserably, I have an SSD drive and the laptop use to load in seconds now it keeps updating for 5 minutes, then the update will fail, it will start removing it...
  7. 0x800f0922 cumulative update (KB4464218) error

0x800f0922 cumulative update (KB4464218) error: This update has failed many times. Could the failure be related to a storage problem that was created when windows 10 updated? That update created a new partition (local disk G:) which has no visable content but on has 30MB out of 453MB free. How do I fix this?...
  8. update KB4464218

update KB4464218: update fails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-kb4464218/9a539392-82bd-4f68-980d-26a6c45f0d57
  9. BSOD While Streaming Netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD While Streaming Netflix: I just went full screen and then I got the BSOD. I tried restarting and unplugging the power cable after a shutdown. My drivers and Windows updates are up to date. My PC is experiencing heavy slow down since the crash. 71619
  10. Netflix video streaming to external screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Netflix video streaming to external screen: Hi all, via HDMI and my HD TV works just fine except things like Netflix in either IE, Edge or the Netflix app. Audio streams but the windows is black whilst everything else works fine. Windows 8 does not give me this problem. As soon as I move the window or Netflix app to...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox can´t stream