Windows 10: Firefox container options

Discus and support Firefox container options in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I need an explanation of what this about. [img] thanks 121269 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kitpzyxmsir, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Firefox container options

I need an explanation of what this about.

Firefox container options [​IMG]

thanks

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Nov 8, 2018
  2. slozomby Win User

I need help on how to transfer Firefox cookies to another OS

Cookies are stored in the cookies.sqlite file in the Firefox profile folder.

You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:

• Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder

slozomby, Nov 8, 2018
  3. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:Firefox container options :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Firefox container options

FireFox

Hi:

In addition to the great advice already offered....

...Most problems with Firefox originate in the user's profile, not in the program itself.

A specific suggestion for the issue you report:

Firefox - Profile in Use

Then, there is a logical sequence for Firefox diagnostics, which (as already suggested) generally starts with Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode):

Firefox - Standard Diagnostic

or
    Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems

Resetting Firefox (as already suggested) is certainly a reasonable option, but there are other, less "destructive" steps one might consider first.
    There are also more drastic steps, such as creating a new profile. This is sometimes the best way to get back up and running, if the existing profile is highly corrupted.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Firefox container options

1. Firefox container options - Similar Threads - Firefox container options

2. Mozilla Facebook Container extension for Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Facebook Container extension for Firefox: Even with the ongoing #deletefacebook movement, not everyone is willing to completely walk away from the connections they’ve made on the social platform. After all, Facebook — and its subsidiary Instagram — is where the mountain biking club...
  3. FireFox

in Windows 10 Customization
    FireFox: The back ground picture in Firefox browser works part of the time. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox/74e49c9b-7f18-4a04-bcf8-aa24a16bd43d
  4. FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox: Firefox seems to work except one place. That place is to load games in Facebook. When I try to open a game it says is loading, but it NEVER opens. How do I get games to open. I have looked a lot of pages tell how, but I have NOT found a fix that works. It was suggested...
  5. Firefox Accounts offer recovery key option

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Accounts offer recovery key option: Firefox Accounts help you get more out of your Firefox experience. With a Firefox Account, you can get all your bookmarks, passwords, open tabs and more — everywhere you use Firefox. Working on your desktop, browsing on your couch with a tablet, out and about in the world on...
  6. Firefox gets the option to mute sites with autoplay sound on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox gets the option to mute sites with autoplay sound on Windows: Microsoft recently announced that the Edge browser will start blocking auto-playing media starting this Fall with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update. Firefox is now the third major browser after Chrome and Edge that has added the ability to block and configure the autoplaying...
  7. Firefox Photon Firefox 57

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Photon Firefox 57: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3029098 Mock-up of the changes to Customize mode as part of the upcoming design refresh https://i.imgur.com/ljjlqb4.jpg The first mockup shows Firefox running the Photon user interface, and the about:home page of...
  8. Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox: Like many i use Firefox, i did the insiders up date to 14342 now on a regular basis i am asked do i want to use firefox as my browser yes i do many many time then i am sent to the settings page I pick firefox then it does it again. I have unchecked the box ask every time, is...
  9. New Facebook Container Extension for Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    New Facebook Container Extension for Firefox: Our Multi-Account Containers extension has been a game changer for many users, letting them manage various parts of their online life without intermingling your accounts. To help Firefox users have more control of their data on Facebook, we’ve created the Facebook Container...
  10. Firefox Focus to keep Facebook contained on your mobile device

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Focus to keep Facebook contained on your mobile device: Most of us signed up for Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family. We didn’t sign up to share our personal information with mysterious third-party organizations. That’s why we created the Facebook Container, which lets you use Facebook on your desktop or laptop...