Windows 10: FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager

Discus and support FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For the last month or so, FireFox has repeateadly crashed when more than two tabs are open and at least one of the tabs is a video from YouTube. I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by EyeInTheSky, Nov 29, 2019.

1. FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager

For the last month or so, FireFox has repeateadly crashed when more than two tabs are open and at least one of the tabs is a video from YouTube. I have found several work-arounds and suggestions to tweak FireFox to behave better and they have worked with solving the crash problem.

However, with only one application of FireFox open and only one tab in the application, Task Manager is reporting that FireFox is actively more busy than what it actually is as portrayed in my screenshot:

FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager [​IMG]

How can five applications of FireFox be open when I'm only using one application of it with only one tab open? I have "Reset FireFox, I have deleted FireFox completly (even Registry entries) and reinstalled it, I have made the privacy adjustment for allowing applications to NOT have exclusive access to FireFox and still FireFox is open too many times in Task Manager for my taste.

The only thing I haven't tried is making FireFox breakfast in the morning to see if it reacts any differently; but, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

My Windows version is listed in my computer specs and underneath my avatar, so if anyone knows of something else I can try, please chime in. My FireFox version is 70.0.1 (64-bit).

Thank you!

:)

EyeInTheSky, Nov 29, 2019
  2. rudolfo2 Win User

FireFox

Task Manager don't show Firefox running.

rudolfo2, Nov 29, 2019
  3. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 29, 2019
  4. FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager

Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager

1. FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager - Similar Threads - FireFox displayed too

2. Too many tasks in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many tasks in task manager: I have too many programs running in the background when i check the task manager how do i fix it and disable/delete the useless programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-tasks-in-task-manager/1207dab9-62be-4b41-b9c5-02b788a33113
  3. Too many tasks in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many tasks in task manager: I have too many programs running in the background when i check the task manager how do i fix it and disable/delete the useless programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-tasks-in-task-manager/1207dab9-62be-4b41-b9c5-02b788a33113
  4. Too many tasks in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Too many service host in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many service host in task manager: it is slowing down my laptop n it is annoying pls help me to get rid of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-service-host-in-task-manager/63349ad3-d2a4-47ea-8b79-5b8f420687dc
  6. Too many service host in task manager

Too many service host in task manager: it is slowing down my laptop n it is annoying pls help me to get rid of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-service-host-in-task-manager/63349ad3-d2a4-47ea-8b79-5b8f420687dc
  7. Too many service host in task manager

8. too many process in task manager

too many process in task manager: Hello, I have a very old lapop and whenever I see task manager it there are some process antimalware service executable and many more process like this takes too much ram, cpu that it's hard to just browser anything in a browser. These processes I can't stop since this is for...
  9. too many process in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many process in task manager: Hello, I have a very old lapop and whenever I see task manager it there are some process antimalware service executable and many more process like this takes too much ram, cpu that it's hard to just browser anything in a browser. These processes I can't stop since this is for...
  10. too many process in task manager