Windows 10: FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager

Discus and support FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For the last month or so, FireFox has repeateadly crashed when more than two tabs are open and at least one of the tabs is a video from YouTube. I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by EyeInTheSky, Nov 29, 2019.

1. FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager

For the last month or so, FireFox has repeateadly crashed when more than two tabs are open and at least one of the tabs is a video from YouTube. I have found several work-arounds and suggestions to tweak FireFox to behave better and they have worked with solving the crash problem.

However, with only one application of FireFox open and only one tab in the application, Task Manager is reporting that FireFox is actively more busy than what it actually is as portrayed in my screenshot:

FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager [​IMG]

How can five applications of FireFox be open when I'm only using one application of it with only one tab open? I have "Reset FireFox, I have deleted FireFox completly (even Registry entries) and reinstalled it, I have made the privacy adjustment for allowing applications to NOT have exclusive access to FireFox and still FireFox is open too many times in Task Manager for my taste.

The only thing I haven't tried is making FireFox breakfast in the morning to see if it reacts any differently; but, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

My Windows version is listed in my computer specs and underneath my avatar, so if anyone knows of something else I can try, please chime in. My FireFox version is 70.0.1 (64-bit).

Thank you!

:)

EyeInTheSky, Nov 29, 2019
  2. rudolfo2 Win User

FireFox

Task Manager don't show Firefox running.

rudolfo2, Nov 29, 2019
  3. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 29, 2019
  4. FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager

Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager

1. FireFox displayed too many times in the Task Manager - Similar Threads - FireFox displayed too

2. too many devices

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    too many devices: I opened minecraft yesterday, but today it says I have too many devices. I proceeded to remove all except home PC and it still wont work. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-devices/2b2c81e7-969b-4571-8726-d37613f3d408"
  3. too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow: this is screenshot of task manager [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-background-process-running-in-my-laptop/6ee3daf5-1cbf-48b5-a041-9a2e2fdf47a1
  4. Too many connections

Too many connections: RDP is broken, like everything else in the operating system. Twice now I am in RDP and twice now it just errors out. When it does I can no longer access the computer at all. I RDP back into it it says too many connections. I physically go to the PC and log in it says too many...
  5. Work time problem in task manager.

Work time problem in task manager.: Hi. Few days ago I noticed a "bug"? In task manager. I mean that the CPU work time still working after I shutdown my PC. I checked this on my laptop and this problem exists too.. Just look at screen: [ATTACH] More interestingly. This time is reset after the PC has...
  6. Too many printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too many printers.: I have 1 networked printer. Windows 10 devices and printers is showing 7 printers. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-printers/26a46faa-ad3e-457e-aae7-c649d33dc508
  7. Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times

in Windows 10 Customization
    Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times: Looks like this is a common issue "Entered an Incorrect PIN too Many Times" I am hitting this problem when my Dell XPS Desktop go to sleep and awake. I don't even type single key, but appears that some back ground process input random letters without me typing anything....
  8. Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Instances of same application in Task Manager: Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I formatted it and removed the Alienware software and I just have wiundows 10 running. For some reason it always has multiple...
  9. BSOD too many time with error ntsokrnl ao fileinfo.sys

BSOD too many time with error ntsokrnl ao fileinfo.sys: dear all my friend, please hep me with my pc, i run a pc with amd processor, the bsod happen too many time, even when my pc in idle mode, or when i play video or browsing only, i already update all driver but the problem still persist, and my pc really slow and laggy, i use...
  10. too many partitions on disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    too many partitions on disk: My Windows 10 is an upgrade to my SSD Drive 0. It now has 7 partitions none of which I created. (picture at http://imgur.com/a/edymi) Partition 1 -:/ 300 MB healthy (recovery partition) Partition 2 -:/ 260 MB healthy (EFI system partition) Partition 3 f:/ 6.35GB healthy...