Windows 10: FireFox does not allow me to go to some websites, Edge(Dev) no problem

Discus and support FireFox does not allow me to go to some websites, Edge(Dev) no problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ever increasing, FF will not complete links to some sites while Edge completes with no problem. I have multiple sites that this happens i.e.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by meebers, May 18, 2021.

1. meebers Win User

FireFox does not allow me to go to some websites, Edge(Dev) no problem

Ever increasing, FF will not complete links to some sites while Edge completes with no problem. I have multiple sites that this happens i.e. www.hgtv.com/sweepstakes.. when I select enter, nothing happens. Using edge has no problem. New one today going to nfcu.org/xxxxxx I get this error (note:Tomcat) Edge no problem. (is not is not)???

:)

meebers, May 18, 2021
  2. MyiDevice Win User

Edge Dev

That's what I've already tried but I don't get the Dev browser in the list, while I have it in my PC, except Internet Explorer. Please suggest some other solution!

MyiDevice, May 18, 2021
  3. JohnFeet Win User
    I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites

I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites (for example Firefox 'Hello' - skype alternative). On the Settings > Privacy > Camera section the only browser shown is Edge, which does not support Firefox 'Hello'.

How can I add to the list of apps that want to use my camera, so that I can then give the new app the required permissions? For example Gimp 2.8 - photoshop alternative - can no longer use the webcam under Win 10 as that is not on the App list either.

Original Post: Windows 10 Camera

JohnFeet, May 18, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to make Firefox as the default web browser and check it the issue persist.

Follow the steps below.

• Open Control panel.
    • Select Default Programs.
    • Click on Firefox and set that application as Default.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 18, 2021
Thema:

1. FireFox does not allow me to go to some websites, Edge(Dev) no problem - Similar Threads - FireFox does allow

2. Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.: See this screenshot I took. This has been happening on some websites, but not every one. I've been trying to mess with different font settings but no luck so far. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm on Windows 10 and everything is up to date....
  3. Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.: See this screenshot I took. This has been happening on some websites, but not every one. I've been trying to mess with different font settings but no luck so far. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm on Windows 10 and everything is up to date....
  4. Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge cannot start some websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge cannot start some websites: I like chatting using Reddit and ScamFighter. But I cannot launch these websites via Edge so I had to change browser. I reinstalled Edge but that didn’t help. Why is it going on? I can open all other websites except for Reddit and ScamFighter....
  6. Edge Dev

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge Dev: Hi, I thought of switching from Edge Dev to default Edge Browser but I'm having difficulty in transferring the data. My data including-favourites, passwords, history, etc., weren't being synced in Edge dev. And I don't know how I can transfer it to the Edge browser. Please...
  7. Firefox scroll bar missing on some websites

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox scroll bar missing on some websites: Hi Folks An odd issue - When using Firefox I notice that on some websites the scrollbar is missing & the page will not scroll using the mousewheel. Everything is up to date. A particular website where this happens is: The Quietus Any suggestions welcome. 129767
  8. Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox will not work on this site, but Edge does.: Firefox is my preferred browser, and I have the latest version/update. Problem is that it will not show me threads on this site. I can see the thread listings, but when I go to read a thread, I get nothing but blank space where the messages should be. The avatars and user...
  9. Some firefox problems

in Browsers and Email
    Some firefox problems: Firefox is slow/sluggish when scrolling websites. (Solved by disabling smooth scrolling in options) Firefox is slow to load videos. If I fast forward a video, the video will freeze and I have to wait 5-10 seconds for the video to load. Microsoft edge loads videos instantly....
  10. Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox: On some sites, if I highlight or try to highlight something to either use Cortana to find or just copy, Edge will hang up and eventually I will get a message that "XX" site is not responding and ask me if I want to recover the page. I can go to the same site with Firefox...