Windows 10: Firefox does not show a particular link symbol

Discus and support Firefox does not show a particular link symbol in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After the recent update of Firefox, something has changed. Accessing my router, a particular window shows a symbol/pictue, which link directs to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PiKo, Jan 29, 2020.

1. PiKo Win User

Firefox does not show a particular link symbol

After the recent update of Firefox, something has changed.
    Accessing my router, a particular window shows a symbol/pictue, which link directs to another window in the router.
    After the recent Firefox update, that symbol/picture changed into three dots, hardly visible. They still direct to the appropriate window.

Using Firefox in my tablet (Android) the original link symbol is still shown.
    Any suggestion? Some bug in the update?

:)

2. PiKo Win User

After the recent update of Firefox, something has changed.
    Accessing my router, a particular window shows a symbol/pictue, which link directs to another window in the router.
    After the recent Firefox update, that symbol/picture changed into three dots, hardly visible. They still direct to the appropriate window.

Using Firefox in my tablet (Android) the original link symbol is still shown.
    Any suggestion? Some bug in the update?

3. GDavid Win User
    Symbolic link (Junction/s), how-to mklink? Please help with Junction?

Hi all, having been a member at Seven then Ten forums for a fair while I'm hoping to find a straight answer here..? Apologies in advance if this is too verbose.
    Windows 10 system booting from (UEFI) NVME with 2xSSDs + 2 MHDDs for storage...

An application (Xperia Companion) which will not let me select or personalise the location for saving backups of my cellular phone data...

Think I found a fair definition of the differences at the Computer hope site which would suggest it's a Junction I need:
    I want Xperia companion to save backups to F:\Sony Backups NOT the default C:\Users\GD\Documents\Sony. Would the Junction (link) allow me to to fulfill my wants and could someone please demonstrate the mklink commands needed?

with thanks and regards,
    Dave

GDavid, Feb 26, 2020
  4. FP521 Win User

Problem: Symbolic link to file is a folder

I need to place a Firefox file named places.sqlite -- containing bookmarks -- to the OneDrive and create a symbolic link to it. But the link created is a folder link rather than a file link. This defeats the link from working -- Firefox does not find the
    file.

Does this happen because of the .SQLITE in the name? Is there any way around this problem?

Thanks.

FP521, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Firefox does not show a particular link symbol - Similar Threads - Firefox does show

2. Symbolic links/Folder links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Symbolic links/Folder links: Apologies for the long introcution first; I have read a number of questions and answers relating to symbolic links with interest, and have noted that del, rmdir mklink, file explorer are all dangerous tools to use in order to remove a symbolic link. I had a PC with several...
  3. Symbolic links/Folder links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Symbolic links/Folder links: Apologies for the long introcution first; I have read a number of questions and answers relating to symbolic links with interest, and have noted that del, rmdir mklink, file explorer are all dangerous tools to use in order to remove a symbolic link. I had a PC with several...
  4. Symbolic links/Folder links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Symbolic link deletion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Symbolic link deletion: Hello,I am having an issue. When I have tried to remove symlink using commands del, mkdir, unlink etc, they not helped to unlink. Either access is denied or file is not ok. I can't create and create a new symlink....
  6. Need help with symbolic links

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with symbolic links: Windows 10, build 19041.329 I am trying to set up a computer with Windows 10. The problem I am having is this: After I installed Windows 10, I then followed the advice given here, How to move user folders to different location on Windows 10 | Windows Central, to move all of...
  7. Symbolic links inside linked folder

Symbolic links inside linked folder: Hi I'm creating symbolic links of one folder (Missions folder) to server so that the server can load the missions from the linked folder and this works. But the problem is that when I create symbolic links inside the sub folders (of Missions folder) then the server fails to...
  8. Word does not want to save to a symbolic link directory

Word does not want to save to a symbolic link directory: Hi there, I have opened a file from a symbolic link folder (File is located on another computer in a folder that has been linked as a symbolic link on my computer) When I try to do Save As under a different name on the same folder I get "A file error has occurred" error. If...
  9. Weird symbols in this particular app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird symbols in this particular app.: [IMG] This just happens when I launch the app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/weird-symbols-in-this-particular-app/3e4b5165-0353-437e-b624-887cb244ac68
  10. Symbolic Links (Soft Links)

in Windows 10 Support
    Symbolic Links (Soft Links): Greetings, I have a large number of symbolic links (soft links) on my PC that I want to migrate to a new machine with an identical directory structure. When I use various backup or copy programs that clone files (bit copy), the symbolic links do not work on the target...