Windows 10: Firefox driving me mad

Discus and support Firefox driving me mad in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Firefox keeps crashing, get the script stopped working. I have to use it for certain tasks so stuck there but what is the best browser, not Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by worldstream, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Firefox driving me mad

Firefox keeps crashing, get the script stopped working. I have to use it for certain tasks so stuck there but what is the best browser, not Edge please.

:)

worldstream, Jun 6, 2016
  2. lyns1980 Win User

N86- driving me mad

I have tried sending an e-mail however I get the error message...... unable to send, with only the opt to click OK.

there is the outbox symbol showing near the top right however nothing showing in the outbox of the messages so i am unable to cancel the sending so just keep getting this message every couple of minutes?

how cani stop this ??

lyns1980, Jun 6, 2016
  3. 6280---01 Win User
    6280---01, Jun 6, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Firefox driving me mad

Chrome chrome chrome chrome chrome ..... For when you really want to be .....

RWOne, Jun 6, 2016
  5. Phone Man Win User
    Try this new one by the developers that did Opera. It uses the Chromium engine and uses Chrome extensions.

Vivaldi – The Web browser you will love! Powerful, customizable, secure, free and fun Web browser from Vivaldi Technologies!

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jun 6, 2016
  6. Hi,
    Thanks guys. Have used Chrome in the past, so will get to grips with it now, looking OK at mo. Problem with Vivaldi is Roboform, correct me if I'm wrong.

worldstream, Jun 6, 2016
  7. Hi, @worldstream:

In addition to the advice already offered about switching browsers...*Wink

...If you want to try to fix Firefox, most issues with it originate in the user's profile (not in the program itself), especially extensions/add-ons and plug-ins.
    And most of the time, they can be resolved with some basic troubleshooting.

This article explains the Firefox - Standard Diagnostic, the first and easiest step of which is "Mozilla Safe Mode".
    (Not to be confused with Windows safe mode.)
    And this article contains similar advice, from a different source: Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems

The steps range from merely diagnostic to more "invasive".
    And it's not a bad idea to backup one's profile (or at least "critical" data, such as bookmarks) before starting, just in case.

Please let us know how it goes,

MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 6, 2016
  8. Phone Man Win User

Firefox driving me mad

I don't use RoboForm so not sure how Vivaldi handles it. They just came out of Beta and are on version 1.2.490.39. I have only played with it for a short time.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox driving me mad

1. Firefox driving me mad - Similar Threads - Firefox driving mad

2. Mouse Jittery - driving me mad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Jittery - driving me mad: I'm not sure what is going on but in the last few days my mouse has been really jittery and it is driving me mad.Any ideas how I can fix this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-jittery-driving-me-mad/a6773101-b066-41d9-9091-5cf24f04defc
  3. Mouse Jittery - driving me mad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Jittery - driving me mad: I'm not sure what is going on but in the last few days my mouse has been really jittery and it is driving me mad.Any ideas how I can fix this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-jittery-driving-me-mad/a6773101-b066-41d9-9091-5cf24f04defc
  4. Mouse Jittery - driving me mad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Please help with BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation it is driving me mad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help with BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation it is driving me mad: Hi all,For about the past 18 months on and off this issue has been driving me crazy, any updates to the NVIDIA graphics driver end up in my PC constantly crashing, I have a NVIDIA RTX 2060 in my machine, it constantly involves me having to revert to the oldest driver I can...
  6. bluetooth issues - driving me mad, please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth issues - driving me mad, please help: I have a dell laptop E7470. 1. Bluetooth devices are connecting to "connected voice" options, sound does not come over the bluetooth headphones automatically, after doing a bit of research having to go into troubleshooting and apply fixes for setting the bluetooth headphones...
  7. bluetooth issues - driving me mad, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    bluetooth issues - driving me mad, please help: I have a dell laptop E7470. 1. Bluetooth devices are connecting to "connected voice" options, sound does not come over the bluetooth headphones automatically, after doing a bit of research having to go into troubleshooting and apply fixes for setting the bluetooth headphones...
  8. Mapped Network Drive Madness

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Network Drive Madness: Hi: On a Surface Pro 5 with all Windows 10 Pro updates, I was successfully able to map my OneDrive to the G: folder. I moved the Surface from the ethernet cable location and after lunch connected it to wi-fi. The G: drive appeared with a red X, which I now understand is...
  9. Win 10 driving me mad..please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 driving me mad..please help: I am new to the forum and I will be grateful for help. I upgraded last July from win 8.1 to 10 and every thing went well and I really liked win 10 until last week. The problem started when I tried to play a movie in the bluray drive and discovered that it was not working. The...
  10. Please help, this is driving me mad !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help, this is driving me mad !!: Okay, I upgraded to windows 10 as soon as it released a couple of days ago. Since then I have been tearing my hair out trying to solve the few issues I have. I am about to give up and go back to windows 8.1, but thought I would post here first to see if anyone can help....