Windows 10: Firefox enabling permissions ?

Discus and support Firefox enabling permissions ? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Having big problems trying to work out enabling permissions on Firefox for particular websites as their instructions are impossible to follow and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Arcadian, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Arcadian Win User

Firefox enabling permissions ?

Having big problems trying to work out enabling permissions on Firefox for particular websites as their instructions are impossible to follow and understand.

Where there was a header picture overnight on a forum it's now been removed with just a lock and a yellow exclamation mark in its place.

Can anyone help....?

Thanks

:)

Arcadian, Oct 5, 2018

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Firefox enabling permissions ?

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox enabling permissions ?

1. Firefox enabling permissions ? - Similar Threads - Firefox enabling permissions

2. Need permission to load Firefox

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need permission to load Firefox: When I try to load Firefox I get the message You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use Firefox. But I am the administrator and an adult. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-permission-to-load-firefox/233d6aff-c25e-4e2e-99d2-3a8028c01a74
  3. Enable permission for folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable permission for folders: My PC have some folders which can't access by me any longer. I don't know precisely what occurred with those files. On the head of that it's my PC and nobody else utilizes it. Error I am getting is "You Don't Have Permission to Access This Folder". Window 10 Home 2020...
  4. Firefox won't run; Administrative permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox won't run; Administrative permission: (I probably asked this question some time ago, but I can't find on the site. Please be patient with me if you can find what I couldn't.) I'm running Windows 10 *upgraded from 8.1) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. After Tuesday's update, I found that Firefox (my default browser)...
  5. Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Recommended Extensions in Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. Starting with Firefox 68,...
  6. Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. Sometimes you may need or want to...
  7. Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Quick Find in Firefox Firefox includes a Find in This Page (Ctrl+F) feature that allows you to search for words and phrases on the page of a website you are viewing in Firefox. Firefox will show...
  8. Firefox Keeps Re-enabling Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Keeps Re-enabling Bing: This is driving me crazy. I use Google exclusively. I had Firefox set up to use Google. I deleted every other search engine within Firefox. Now, in the past couple of days, every time I start Firefox, it defaults to Bing. It adds Bing and Amazon back to the list of search...
  9. How do I enable cookies in Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I enable cookies in Firefox.: My Firefox cookies somehow got disabled and I'm now trying to enable them. I asked this question someplace (possibly on this forum) and was told to go to menu bar then "Preferences". The problem is, there is no "Preferences" option on the drop down menu. I tried "Options"...
  10. Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox How to Enable or Disable Tab Warming in Firefox in Windows Firefox usually does a good job most of the time when it comes to tab switching performance, some sites have noticeable delays between activing the tab and...