Windows 10: Firefox Failed Downloads

Discus and support Firefox Failed Downloads in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since updating Firefox to version 76 I've been unable to download files properly, they consistently fail. I tried resetting Firefox, resetting download... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pliskken, May 7, 2020.

1. pliskken Win User

Firefox Failed Downloads

Since updating Firefox to version 76 I've been unable to download files properly, they consistently fail. I tried resetting Firefox, resetting download folder, resetting my network settings, disabling Defender and restarting my router but nothing helped.

I installed Chrome for the first time in years to test and downloads come through fine without issue.

I am using WiFi which isn't ideal but the signal strength seems strong and I've never really had a problem with downloads consistently failing mid way through before. Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

pliskken, May 7, 2020
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, May 7, 2020
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, May 7, 2020
  4. Firefox Failed Downloads

Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Firefox Failed Downloads

1. Firefox Failed Downloads - Similar Threads - Firefox Failed Downloads

2. Downloading files with FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading files with FireFox: FF vr. 87.0. For the last week or so, when I see a link to download a file, a single click appears not to respond. Several clicks again on the same link give no indication of anything downloading. To my surprise, every click does in fact download the file. Usually there is an...
  3. FIREFOX DOWNLOADING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FIREFOX DOWNLOADING: How to I install firefox on D drive so it take very little space on c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-downloading/b36f76f5-5caf-45c1-854c-30ab2b97db25
  4. Downloading chrome or firefox

Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  5. downloading firefox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    downloading firefox: I am trying to download firefox on a brand new laptop. I get a dialog box that says it is in S Mode. I am new to windows 10 by the way :/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-firefox/169c04f8-36d0-40ef-9799-a75618fcb8ac
  6. downloading firefox for default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading firefox for default browser: I just got this laptop literally an hour ago. I want to install firefox as my default browser. it says I can't do it because I am in "s" mode and need to get an app from the Microsoft store. I can't find the app. I don't want internet explorer as my browser. can someone...
  7. Firefox download

Firefox download: Using edge I am unable to download firefox....it goes as far as to show downloading.. 0% and stays there Tks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-download/2a778d30-11b5-44bb-8303-dc9bd877d92e
  8. Firefox downloading, but not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox downloading, but not opening: *Banghead Hi all. I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening. i have just completed my 15th download of Firefox with the same problem still recurring. It downloads, however, it refuses to open. I have always removed everything...
  9. All downloads fail in both Opera and Firefox Windows 10 Pro 1511

in Browsers and Email
    All downloads fail in both Opera and Firefox Windows 10 Pro 1511: Suddenly all downloads fail without an obvious reason in both Firefox and Opera. I click on Save and it looks like the download happened, but when I click to view the downloads, it says "Failed". I changed the download folder from Downloads to Desktop, but it had no...
  10. downloading firefox

in Browsers and Email
    downloading firefox: Hi folks I just got my new computer with windows 10...I had windows seven and this seems complicated. I was looking to see where I can download fire fox and chrome. any help? also I had free malware scan on windows 7 that I could scan flash drives for problems...I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox fails to download add ons in win 10