Windows 10: Firefox fonts suddenly "broken"

Discus and support Firefox fonts suddenly "broken" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After my wife did a Microsoft update this morning, she said that all the fonts in her Firefox browser now appear "broken," instead of "solid." I also... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by x509, Mar 11, 2021.

1. x509 Win User

Firefox fonts suddenly "broken"

After my wife did a Microsoft update this morning, she said that all the fonts in her Firefox browser now appear "broken," instead of "solid." I also noticed that the Windows buttons on the top right of the Firefox window also have some lines missing.

There are no issues with fonts in Edge or Windows, or any Windows application.

I tried to restore the Firefox profile from last night (last backup), but that didn't fix the issue. I played around with the font selection settings, but was unable to change from the default font to any other.

A Google search didn't turn up anything useful.

Any suggestions?

:)

2. Jacee Win User
    Jacee, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Fonts suddenly all bold in Word and Firefox

Last week, suddenly some of the fonts on my laptop started appearing bold. I first noticed it in Firefox on certain websites (not all). It was annoying, but otherwise, didn't affect my work.

Today, I created a new document in Word (I have Office Professional Plus 2010) and my fonts appear all bold even though they actually aren't. If you turn bold on, it looks the same as the default. It appears to be happening with only Times New Roman which
    is what I tend to use as a default font. Other fonts are okay.

I haven't installed any new software but I do remember Windows doing an automatic update right before this happened.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Morettina98, Mar 11, 2021
  4. JJG10 Win User

JJG10, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Firefox fonts suddenly "broken" - Similar Threads - Firefox fonts suddenly

2. Helvetica Font Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helvetica Font Broken: The Helvetica font family appears very thin and is unreadable on all web browsers displaying a webpage using the font,I've tried reinstalling the font multiple times but it didn't seem to fix it.I also have reset my browser settings and tried disabling extensions to no...
  3. Helvetica Font Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Helvetica Font Broken: The Helvetica font family appears very thin and is unreadable on all web browsers displaying a webpage using the font,I've tried reinstalling the font multiple times but it didn't seem to fix it.I also have reset my browser settings and tried disabling extensions to no...
  4. Windows Font Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Font Broken: Hi everyone!Any solutions for this problem? See screenshot. Notes:- It happens on other applications as well.- Sometimes there are apps that have this one and missing characters.- I have had this problem since Windows 10 and thought this will be fixed if I upgraded to Windows...
  5. Windows Font Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Font Broken: Hi everyone!Any solutions for this problem? See screenshot. Notes:- It happens on other applications as well.- Sometimes there are apps that have this one and missing characters.- I have had this problem since Windows 10 and thought this will be fixed if I upgraded to Windows...
  6. Firefox fonts "broken" but ONLY in Secondary display (duplicate main s

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox fonts "broken" but ONLY in Secondary display (duplicate main s: I had originally thought I had a problem with Firefox, Firefox fonts suddenly "broken", but it turns out that the problem shows up only on a secondary display but not on the primary display, which is a Lenovo 730 laptop. THERE IS NO ISSUE WITH WINDOWS OR ANY OTHER...
  7. Firefox fonts "broken" but ONLY in Secondary display (duplicate main s

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox fonts "broken" but ONLY in Secondary display (duplicate main s: I had originally thought I had a problem with Firefox, Firefox fonts suddenly "broken", but it turns out that the problem shows up only on a secondary display but not on the primary display, which is a Lenovo 730 laptop. THERE IS NO ISSUE WITH WINDOWS OR ANY OTHER...
  8. Highlighting is suddenly broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Highlighting is suddenly broken: Suddenly ever since I opened my laptop this morning I'm not able to highlight text most of the time. Browser text, Word text, what have you. I click to highlight text, hold it, then suddenly in the middle the mouse "unclicks", deletes the highlight I already made, and starts...
  9. Firefox 81 fonts

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 81 fonts: Is it me, or does Firefox's fonts look thinner/lighter after updating to 81? They seem almost identical to Chrome now. They used to be much thicker/bolder, but now they just barely are that compared to Chrome. Firefox: [img] Chrome: [img] 165069
  10. Changing Font Size in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Changing Font Size in Firefox: It's been a long, long time since I have installed Firefos but I remember I could change the font size of the menus, toolbars etc. by using selection from a list of reg files. Now I can't find that list anywhere. Would someone please point me to them if they still exist....