Windows 10: Firefox gets the option to mute sites with autoplay sound on Windows

Discus and support Firefox gets the option to mute sites with autoplay sound on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently announced that the Edge browser will start blocking auto-playing media starting this Fall with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update. Firefox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 23, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Firefox gets the option to mute sites with autoplay sound on Windows

Microsoft recently announced that the Edge browser will start blocking auto-playing media starting this Fall with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update. Firefox is now the third major browser after Chrome and Edge that has added the ability to block and configure the autoplaying videos with sound.

The latest Firefox Nightly comes with a feature to block sites the autoplay sound. You’ll find the option to “block sites that autoplay sound” under permissions section. At the moment, the default option is “Always Ask,” but you can change it to “Allow Autoplay” or “Block Autoplay”.

Firefox gets the option to mute sites with autoplay sound on Windows Firefox-autoplay-mute-feature.jpg

“We are adding the ability to block and configure autoplaying videos with sound in Firefox, can check it out in @FirefoxNightly today (comments welcome),” Mozilla engineer said in a a tweet.

We are adding the ability to block and configure autoplaying videos with sound in Firefox, can check it out in @FirefoxNightly today (comments welcome) pic.twitter.com/k9K9hQC9Ye

— Dale Harvey (@daleharvey) July 21, 2018

The post Firefox gets the option to mute sites with autoplay sound on Windows appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 23, 2018

2. autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Sounds mutes automatically

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 15, 2018
  4. Firefox gets the option to mute sites with autoplay sound on Windows

Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

Firefox gets the option to mute sites with autoplay sound on Windows autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Firefox gets the option to mute sites with autoplay sound on Windows

1. Firefox gets the option to mute sites with autoplay sound on Windows - Similar Threads - Firefox gets option

2. Autoplay option not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay option not available: Having recently got a new computer with w11 and installed some old programs. For years now I've used the old Windows Essentials Photo Gallery as the app to launch when I insert a camera memory card. On windows 10 I was able to set the Autoplay option to import using Photo...
  3. Autoplay option not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autoplay option not available: Having recently got a new computer with w11 and installed some old programs. For years now I've used the old Windows Essentials Photo Gallery as the app to launch when I insert a camera memory card. On windows 10 I was able to set the Autoplay option to import using Photo...
  4. Windows 7 Autoplay options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Autoplay options: I recently installed Media Player Classic https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc and now the Windows Media player option in my Windows 7 autoplay for DVD Movie and Enhance DVD Movie opens Media Player Classic instead of Windows media player. How do i fix this without uninstalling...
  5. Windows 7 Autoplay options

Windows 7 Autoplay options: I recently installed Media Player Classic https://github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc and now the Windows Media player option in my Windows 7 autoplay for DVD Movie and Enhance DVD Movie opens Media Player Classic instead of Windows media player. How do i fix this without uninstalling...
  6. Windows 7 Autoplay options

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 7 Autoplay options

8. Windows 7 Autoplay options

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows 7 Autoplay options

10. New Block Autoplay controls in Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    New Block Autoplay controls in Firefox: The web is 30 years old. Over its lifetime we’ve had developments that have brought us to peaks of delight and others to the pits of frustration. The blink tag, pop-up ads, click bait and trolls are all things that diminish our web experience. Perhaps the greatest offender of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox mute site

2. firefox automatically mute