Windows 10: Firefox Gobbles Up Too Much CPU.. Help!

Discus and support Firefox Gobbles Up Too Much CPU.. Help! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi guys.. firefox gobbles up too much cpu on my win 10 PC. I checked task manager and found many processes of firefox are running at the same time... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by yahanna, May 25, 2021.

1. yahanna Win User

Firefox Gobbles Up Too Much CPU.. Help!

Hi guys.. firefox gobbles up too much cpu on my win 10 PC. I checked task manager and found many processes of firefox are running at the same time which is weird. Check the screen shot. How do i fix this?

:)

yahanna, May 25, 2021

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 25, 2021
  3. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 25, 2021
  4. slozomby Win User

I need help on how to transfer Firefox cookies to another OS

Cookies are stored in the cookies.sqlite file in the Firefox profile folder.

You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:

• Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder

slozomby, May 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Firefox Gobbles Up Too Much CPU.. Help! - Similar Threads - Firefox Gobbles Too

2. Microsoft Programmes using too much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Programmes using too much CPU: I've never had this problem before until 2 days ago. I couldn't find a way to fix it and it effects my fps performance. Can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-programmes-using-too-much-cpu/90a0e87a-fbbc-4d9d-986c-545e4e7c5d68
  3. Microsoft Programmes using too much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Programmes using too much CPU: I've never had this problem before until 2 days ago. I couldn't find a way to fix it and it effects my fps performance. Can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-programmes-using-too-much-cpu/90a0e87a-fbbc-4d9d-986c-545e4e7c5d68
  4. Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU: Hello There, Has Anyone Else Ever Had An Issue With Task Manager?My CPU Keeps Ramping Up To 30-50% From Just Opening Task Manager, This Only Just Started A Few Hours Ago So I'm Not Sure If It's Something That'll Fix Itself.I've Already Tried A Clean Reboot And It Didn't Work...
  5. Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Taking Too Much CPU: Hello There, Has Anyone Else Ever Had An Issue With Task Manager?My CPU Keeps Ramping Up To 30-50% From Just Opening Task Manager, This Only Just Started A Few Hours Ago So I'm Not Sure If It's Something That'll Fix Itself.I've Already Tried A Clean Reboot And It Didn't Work...
  6. Various processes taking up too much cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various processes taking up too much cpu: Hi! I have had a problem for a while now where a couple of processes is taking up too much CPU usage. My computer specs: Nvidia GeForce 1060 6gb IntelR CoreTM i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz 8.00 GB ram Windows 10 64bit Here is a screenshot of my task manager: [ATTACH] This...
  7. Too much CPU Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Too much CPU Usage: Sir/Madam , I am Using Windows 7 SP1 64 bitPentium D, 2GB RAM.Recently i have noticed in task manager, that a process called nscpuminer64 is using much cpu usage,sometimes utilizing entire RAM.Few days ago my thermal paste of processor got dried and CPU didn't started which I...
  8. javaw.exe often using too much CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    javaw.exe often using too much CPU: I often notice that javaw.exe (8 Update 251) is taking too much CPU (65% upwards). Tried to investigate using Process Explorer, System Explorer, Task Manager Deluxe, Daphne, but none of them provides the information I'm looking for: which program/process is demanding Java too...
  9. Tasmgr.exe consumming too much cpu, anormal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tasmgr.exe consumming too much cpu, anormal: Hi, I have Windows 10 pro 64bits and a Mi notebook pro (i7 8550u). I noticed from a month that I am having very high CPU usage from the task "taskmgr.exe"( Task Manager itself). The CPU usage is about -17-42 %. Here are the things I did and tried: Update Windows 10 Run...
  10. Windows Defender is using too much CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is using too much CPU: Antimalware Service Executable process is using way too much CPU (55-60%) and my total CPU usage never falls under 90% unless I stop it manually and everything's back to normal again. I really don't wanna keep disabling it, but I have no choice currently. Anything I can...