Windows 10: Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs)

Discus and support Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using the latest Firefox 64 Quantum, V. 67, but I think this problem goes back to earlier releases. I save off a lot of webpages and forum posts... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by x509, Jun 28, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs)

I am using the latest Firefox 64 Quantum, V. 67, but I think this problem goes back to earlier releases.

I save off a lot of webpages and forum posts by printing to PDF using Adobe Acrobat. I never have issues wiht Acrobat with any other programs. But with Firefox, it often hangs all open tabs when I do a print to PDF. The only way to recover is to use Task Manager to shut down Firefox.

In general, I seem to have more problems printing with Firefox than I do with Chrome or IE. Edge seems to have its own problems printing.

:)

2. trinket Win User

Chrome prints to a PDF, Firefox and Safari say corrupt file

Hello,

A friend of mine can only printo to a pdf in Chrome. When he prints to a pdf in Firefox or Safari, Acrobat won't open it, it says it's corrupt.

What could be causing this?

trinket, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Print to PDF causes my main application to hang

Hello,

I realize that your computer hangs while trying to print PDF. I want to know few more things to understand the issue.

• Are you trying to print from browser or from any other application?

• What application are you using to view pdf files?

In the mean time I would suggest to re-install the pdf application.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks and Regards

Sarandeep S - Microsoft Support.

Singh Sarandeep, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs)

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs)

1. Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs) - Similar Threads - Firefox hangs LOT

2. Bulk print PDFs from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk print PDFs from File Explorer: Windows used to have a feature to right-click printable files, even while having many of them selected, and to click on print, which would print them with the default printer settings on the default printer. This option has gone.I looked everywhere and thought that I could...
  3. Bulk print PDFs from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bulk print PDFs from File Explorer: Windows used to have a feature to right-click printable files, even while having many of them selected, and to click on print, which would print them with the default printer settings on the default printer. This option has gone.I looked everywhere and thought that I could...
  4. White Box appears at top of new pages Firefox and PDFs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White Box appears at top of new pages Firefox and PDFs: For the last few days, a white box has appeared at the top of Firefox whenever I open a new window. It goes away if I full screen the page and then exit out of full screen. **** seen below, it completely prevents me from seeing the tab bar. Today, it happened similarly when...
  5. Firefox - the worst browser for printing?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - the worst browser for printing?: I often want to print a web page, sometimes to my HP laser printer and other times to PDF for later printing. If there is one feature in Firefox I don't like, it's the frequent freeze ups in the middle of a print job. The only remedy I have found so far is to kill Firefox...
  6. Printing PDFs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing PDFs: All of a sudden I can't print any PDF files clearly. Other documents such as Word documents print just fine. Does anyone have a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-pdfs/711417c5-ab1a-4aad-a494-4f784934c15c
  7. Printing PDFs from Windows Command Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing PDFs from Windows Command Line: Hello, I'm searching application to print pdfs from command line. Print with page orientation and duplex. I found only commercial solution. Is there full free alternative? Thanks for tips. 140801
  8. I am not able to print PDFs only.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am not able to print PDFs only.: I am not able to print PDFs only, it will only print first couple of pages then says printer error? There is nothing wrong with the printer. Any suggestions please....
  9. firefox password / weblist printing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firefox password / weblist printing.: there used to be a ad-on but it doesn't work now, want to print list out for my will, so they can go to sites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-password-weblist-printing/d5ff841a-cacb-44ba-a25c-4d7a98779270"
  10. Firefox hangs

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox hangs: Is there any way to prevent Firefox hangs? I get this report in Windows 10 problem reports: Source Firefox Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎6/‎6/‎2018 12:12 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows....