Windows 10: Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs)

Discus and support Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using the latest Firefox 64 Quantum, V. 67, but I think this problem goes back to earlier releases. I save off a lot of webpages and forum posts... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by x509, Jun 28, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs)

I am using the latest Firefox 64 Quantum, V. 67, but I think this problem goes back to earlier releases.

I save off a lot of webpages and forum posts by printing to PDF using Adobe Acrobat. I never have issues wiht Acrobat with any other programs. But with Firefox, it often hangs all open tabs when I do a print to PDF. The only way to recover is to use Task Manager to shut down Firefox.

In general, I seem to have more problems printing with Firefox than I do with Chrome or IE. Edge seems to have its own problems printing.

:)

2. trinket Win User

Chrome prints to a PDF, Firefox and Safari say corrupt file

Hello,

A friend of mine can only printo to a pdf in Chrome. When he prints to a pdf in Firefox or Safari, Acrobat won't open it, it says it's corrupt.

What could be causing this?

trinket, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Print to PDF causes my main application to hang

Hello,

I realize that your computer hangs while trying to print PDF. I want to know few more things to understand the issue.

• Are you trying to print from browser or from any other application?

• What application are you using to view pdf files?

In the mean time I would suggest to re-install the pdf application.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks and Regards

Sarandeep S - Microsoft Support.

Singh Sarandeep, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs)

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs)

1. Firefox hangs a LOT on printing (PDFs) - Similar Threads - Firefox hangs LOT

2. Preview of Landscape PDFs created with Microsoft print to PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Preview of Landscape PDFs created with Microsoft print to PDF: Hello, I have the following problem, if i print a document (from different programms) in orientation paper size. After viewing this in Adobe Acrobat or in Microsoft Edge the paper whould be shown in portrait. See the picture [ATTACH] On other pc`s, if I print the same...
  3. Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing pdfs in Windows Explorer: After a recent Windows update, I can no longer preview pdfs in Windows Explorer unless the default pdf reader is set to Edge. I prefer Adobe as my default pdf reader. I've checked the box in Abode to Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer, but preview still does...
  4. I am not able to print PDFs only.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am not able to print PDFs only.: I am not able to print PDFs only, it will only print first couple of pages then says printer error? There is nothing wrong with the printer. Any suggestions please....
  5. pdfs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pdfs: can not send pdf files with my gmail. was able to do this last week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdfs/bb3ffd38-fb23-4865-9b7c-2bcb64ac6909"
  6. firefox password / weblist printing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    firefox password / weblist printing.: there used to be a ad-on but it doesn't work now, want to print list out for my will, so they can go to sites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-password-weblist-printing/d5ff841a-cacb-44ba-a25c-4d7a98779270"
  7. my pc is running extremely slow and it get hanged a lot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my pc is running extremely slow and it get hanged a lot: my laptop is acting very slow . also my disk usage i always 100% i dont know if this is problem .also while cleaning the pc i came across a DOC001.exe .and there are a lot of scvhost running on the pc i mean a lot pls help...
  8. My Windows 10 hangs a lot even after Reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 hangs a lot even after Reinstall: I have a genuine installation of windows 10 came by default with pc but pc hangs a lot. I tried to fix it by reinstall but the problem is persistent. I usually happen when I try to open Chrome...
  9. Firefox hangs

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox hangs: Is there any way to prevent Firefox hangs? I get this report in Windows 10 problem reports: Source Firefox Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎6/‎6/‎2018 12:12 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows....
  10. Downloading Hangs Firefox, Other Programs involved

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading Hangs Firefox, Other Programs involved: Hey all, I've been searching around for answers to this one but can't seem to find what would create these symptoms: I tried to download a photo from a stock photo site through their download link, which I've done hundreds of times. It downloaded almost all the way...