Windows 10: Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

Discus and support Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DrPepper, Dec 19, 2015.

1. DrPepper Win User

Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing.
    I've scanned for virus' & malware w/ Malwarebytes & Defender. Also used McAfee Stinger. No problems found.
    Is there a setting inside Windows 10 that prohibits the homepage from being changed?
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

:)

DrPepper, Dec 19, 2015

2. Default Bing search on Web Browser

Hi Linda,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Bing search on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Does this issue occurs on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers?

This issue might occur if you have set Bing as homepage on Firefox browser.

I suggest you to change the Homepage (Homepage is referred to the first page you see when you open your Browser. Also know as default page or startup page) of your browser and check if it resolves the issue.

To do so, contact Mozilla Firefox Support for further assistance.

Please post back with the status of Bing search and we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Firefox Ad on Internet Explorer

"Some parts of this page is not supported on your current browser version.
    Upgrade to new Firefox.
    "

How can I get rid of the above Firefox Ad that comes up on my homepage(www.finance.yahoo.com)? It actually keeps certain functions on my home page from working. I reset all the
    settings for my IE to default and the problem temporarily went away. However, the next time I logged on, there was the Firefox ad again. If it was just the ad, I wouldn't mind, but it makes certain blocks on my homepage
    dysfunctional.

Bunny Shay, Dec 19, 2015
  4. DrPepper Win User

Update: I discovered why this is happening. I recently installed AdvancedSystemCare v9. It has a variable, buried deep down inside, where it keeps the browser homepage. Somehow during the installation, this variable got set to Bing, instead of the homepage I wanted.
    I consider this solved.

DrPepper, Dec 23, 2015
  5. b1rd Win User
    Thanks for the update regarding AdvancedSystemCare v9.

b1rd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing - Similar Threads - Firefox Homepage keeps

2. Reset Homepage in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Reset Homepage in Edge: I just uninstalled and then reinstalled Edge on my Windows 7 PC. I want reset my homepage on Edge to google.com.. I opened Edge and went to Setting and then selected "Appearance" . As shown below, I typed in the url that I want to be my new homepage. I don't see anything that...
  3. new microsoft msn bing homepage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new microsoft msn bing homepage: New Microsoft Bing Homepage When I try to share articles on FB,it gives me an error message now "App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions."...
  4. Bing to google for firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Bing to google for firefox: don't know if it has been posted yet but Install this script and no more bing with cortana *Party Bing to Google 13043
  5. Bing Homepage Today

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Homepage Today: A creepy homepage from Bing today, I was expecting Alfred Hitchcock to pop up. [img] 5962
  6. Firefox Keeps Re-enabling Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Keeps Re-enabling Bing: This is driving me crazy. I use Google exclusively. I had Firefox set up to use Google. I deleted every other search engine within Firefox. Now, in the past couple of days, every time I start Firefox, it defaults to Bing. It adds Bing and Amazon back to the list of search...
  7. Homepage reverts to Bing on start up

in Browsers and Email
    Homepage reverts to Bing on start up: I have updated my laptop to Windows 10 and set my default homepage to bt.com but every time i start my laptop the homepage has changed to Bing search engine. Is this a windows 10 bug or something else. 11814
  8. Change Homepage in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Firefox: How to: Change Homepage in Firefox How to Change Homepage in Firefox in Windows The homepage in Firefox is what you see when you open Firefox, open new windows, or click/tap on the Home button [img] in Firefox. You can select to have your homepage be Firefox Home...
  9. The Most Popular Bing Homepages of 2014

in Windows 10 News
    The Most Popular Bing Homepages of 2014: Each day, a new Bing Homepage image transports you to a different corner of the globe or introduces you to some of the world’s most amazing creatures. As 2014 comes to a close, the Bing team wanted to look back at your favorite homepages of the year. But first, we wanted...
  10. The Bing homepage goes HD

in Windows 10 News
    The Bing homepage goes HD: Here on the Bing homepage team, we wake up every day thinking about how we can make the homepage even better, inspired by those of you who visit bing.com each day and take the time to tell us what you think. Today, we’re excited to announce that we’re adding one of your most...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox constantly defaults to bing