Windows 10: [Firefox] howto disable at download 'Potential Security Risk' warning

Discus and support [Firefox] howto disable at download 'Potential Security Risk' warning in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hi there, latest Firefox update to v92.0b2 (64-bit) Win brought back the utterly annoying warning -- which is now embedded in the download window with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by t0r, Aug 12, 2021.

1. T0R
    t0r Win User

[Firefox] howto disable at download 'Potential Security Risk' warning

hi there, latest Firefox update to v92.0b2 (64-bit) Win brought back the utterly annoying warning -- which is now embedded in the download window with an !-mark -- 'Potential Security Risk' when attempting to download : i choose to download, and yes, as an adult i decided to download before i clicked download [what u want me to do ? how often do i need to click and select, whatever, before things get done ? perhaps a swiss bank account verification once one decided to down from a putative, if any at all, so-called risky destination or connection ?] how often does one have to click to get a result from FF ? ofc there are security considerations BUT them i decided upon when configuring FF like logging into my FF account : tho logged in for hrs from same ip, browser, u name it, logging out, then logging in again it asks for an additional [eg eMail] verification after less then 2min since last being logged in ? come again ? what secrity measure is that ? and, if one [from FF/Mozila/whomsoever] is that keen on thoroughly educating -- to put it very politely -- us users, why is it that for instance in my account > manage devices shows more than 3 yrs old devices i can't sign out from, apart from having to select each single one of them instead of providing an option to sign-out from all old ones in one go ? security concern over here, security deficit over there -- how to balance ? give ppl options rather than forcing some practise/workflow on them an update should widen/simplify the spectrum of options, it shouldn't eliminate and restrict them HOW to DISABLE the potential security risk WARNING ? in previous FF versions it worked by switching various flags & values via about:config but it doesn't hold any longer btw. posted this also to reddit /firefox but obviously FF-fans & whomsoever not like it a bit. *tia* {thanks in advance} cheers

:)

2. (firefox) Disabling https checks

you just been upgraded to the latest version of firefox ?????!!!
    Its now the built in "Protection "
    don't like it then roll back to previous version and disable updates ( security risk Agh )

dorsetknob, Aug 12, 2021
  3. malware Win User
    Firefox 2.0.0.12 Security and Stability Update Released

As part of Mozilla’s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 2.0.0.12 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download here. This update is strongly recommended for all Firefox users. For a list of changes and more information, please review the Firefox 2.0.0.12 Release Notes.

Source: Mozilla

malware, Aug 12, 2021
  4. [Firefox] howto disable at download 'Potential Security Risk' warning

(firefox) Disabling https checks

Firefox has added the warning for your own protection. And no there isn't an on/off switch for it either. Sorry that's the way it is.
    I suggest using a different browser if you don't want the nag screen Firefox gives.

Killerdroid, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

[Firefox] howto disable at download 'Potential Security Risk' warning

1. [Firefox] howto disable at download 'Potential Security Risk' warning - Similar Threads - Firefox howto disable

2. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...
  3. How to disable this security message "Open file security warning"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable this security message "Open file security warning": I just started getting this message probably some pushed "update" from MS when I try to doubleclick to open one of my favorites. Very annoying. I've already tried this;I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this, that is an old setting that is a hangover from...
  4. File Download - Security Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Download - Security Warning: I have several Chromes shortcuts saved in File Explorer to access financial reporting. on or around February 14, 2024, I started getting File Download - Security Warning. Does anyone know if this was caused by an update?...
  5. File Download - Security Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Download - Security Warning: I have several Chromes shortcuts saved in File Explorer to access financial reporting. on or around February 14, 2024, I started getting File Download - Security Warning. Does anyone know if this was caused by an update?...
  6. File Download - Security Warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How to disable Application Security Warning?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Application Security Warning?: Hello,I am using KVM Box and it has a webpage and it uses AKC Client Active KVM Client. When I click AKC Link on the its webpage, it shows Security Warning. When I click "Run", it works, but the next time it comes again. I have added its SSL Certificate to Trusted Root...
  8. How to disable Application Security Warning?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Application Security Warning?: Hello,I am using KVM Box and it has a webpage and it uses AKC Client Active KVM Client. When I click AKC Link on the its webpage, it shows Security Warning. When I click "Run", it works, but the next time it comes again. I have added its SSL Certificate to Trusted Root...
  9. How to disable Application Security Warning?

10. Security warnings about potential threats

Security warnings about potential threats: I have recently been getting warnings about files that are part of a backup set for another device (a Windows tablet). How do I get this device (desktop) to stop scanning backup set files for another device? [ATTACH]...