Windows 10: Firefox intermittently hangs when loading websites

Discus and support Firefox intermittently hangs when loading websites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have latest version of Firefox..74.0...and have noticed Firefox hangs when i try to reload a website..such as BBC Iplayer and see in top left side... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by treblefree, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Firefox intermittently hangs when loading websites

I have latest version of Firefox..74.0...and have noticed Firefox hangs when i try to reload a website..such as BBC Iplayer and see in top left side three dots continously cycle back and forth and this occurs intermittently.

I can use Firefox for say and hour and close it and re-open it then i see the three horizontal dots moving back and forth and wait for about 1-2 minutes and try to open a website nothing happens then suddenly the website loads.

I have used Firefox is safe mode but still experience this problem and regularly clean cache,cookies etc..

The only thing that has changed is my Virgin Media router hub..from the previous black router hub to a white one due to power supply being faulty.

Any ideas anyone?

I have Asus desktop pc with Windows 10 Pro version 1909 OS Build 18363.752

:)

treblefree, Mar 30, 2020

2. Firefox intermittently hangs when loading websites

I have latest version of Firefox..74.0...and have noticed Firefox hangs when i try to reload a website..such as BBC Iplayer and see in top left side three dots continously cycle back and forth and this occurs intermittently.

I can use Firefox for say and hour and close it and re-open it then i see the three horizontal dots moving back and forth and wait for about 1-2 minutes and try to open a website nothing happens then suddenly the website loads.

I have used Firefox is safe mode but still experience this problem and regularly clean cache,cookies etc..

The only thing that has changed is my Virgin Media router hub..from the previous black router hub to a white one due to power supply being faulty.

Any ideas anyone?

I have Asus desktop pc with Windows 10 Pro version 1909 OS Build 18363.752

treblefree, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Website take to long to load

Hi Hector,

There are several reasons why a website takes too long to respond. One of which is if the internet connection is intermittent. To isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you connected via wireless or wired connection?
    • Does this happen to all websites you visit?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Firefox intermittently hangs when loading websites

I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to make Firefox as the default web browser and check it the issue persist.

Follow the steps below.

• Open Control panel.
    • Select Default Programs.
    • Click on Firefox and set that application as Default.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Firefox intermittently hangs when loading websites

1. Firefox intermittently hangs when loading websites - Similar Threads - Firefox intermittently hangs

2. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  3. Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bing website opening in 2nd tab when opening Firefox: As per question. It's really annoying. I hate Bing, cortana and just about everything else that microsoft forces upon me.Doesn't happen every time, probably once in every hundred but it really gets on my nerves.Edge has been thoroughly removed from the OS. Cortana is disabled...
  4. Website In Firefox Is Distorted

in Browsers and Email
    Website In Firefox Is Distorted: Recently I've noticed that a few of webpages that I visit in Firefox show up weird. I don't know why. I open the same page in Microsoft Edge and it appears correct. I've cleared my cookies, cache, and site data and turned off hardware acceleration and neither one fixed the...
  5. intermittent hesitation and hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    intermittent hesitation and hanging: I have noticed that my windows 10 desktop has been hesitating or hanging up more lately. When it does it, nothing will work. If I wait awhile, eventually it seems to correct itself. It's almost like it's looking for something or scanning something and everything else takes...
  6. Windows 10 intermittently hangs even when no programs are running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 intermittently hangs even when no programs are running: Hi, I have a relatively blank windows 10 machine, except for the stuff that's pre-loaded. I'm not a techie so I don't like touching things unless I have to. My machine is an acer running on windows 10 (not sure what version, I assume the most basic one that comes with the...
  7. Windows 10 intermittently hangs even when no programs are running

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 intermittently hangs even when no programs are running: Hi, I have a relatively blank windows 10 machine, except for the stuff that's pre-loaded. I'm not a techie so I don't like touching things unless I have to. My machine is an acer running on windows 10 (not sure what version, I assume the most basic one that comes with the...
  8. Firefox hangs

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox hangs: Is there any way to prevent Firefox hangs? I get this report in Windows 10 problem reports: Source Firefox Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎6/‎6/‎2018 12:12 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows....
  9. Website not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Website not loading: I have a real head scratcher here. I am a member of "myfitnesspal.com" I can log in and load the site but, when I input an entry for meals I get a page of gobbledegoop which I will attach. This is in all browsers: Chrome, Edge, IE and Firefox. This was not the case when I...
  10. Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump)

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent reboots / hangs (no BSOD or dump): Hi all, this problem has been pestering me for months, but after failed attempts to fix it myself, I felt I should ask for help. I am running Windows 10 (64-bit), but this problem also occurred on 8.1 and 7 (both 64-bit) with clean installations. I am also dual booting...