Windows 10: Firefox is already running - intermittent pop-up - why?

Discus and support Firefox is already running - intermittent pop-up - why? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all - On many systems that I have seen running the last few revs of Firefox, I see this pop-up intermittently while starting the browser from a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Compumind, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

Firefox is already running - intermittent pop-up - why?

Hi all -

On many systems that I have seen running the last few revs of Firefox, I see this pop-up intermittently while starting the browser from a blank desktop:

Firefox is already running - intermittent pop-up - why? [​IMG]

Any ideas why and how to correct?

TIA!

*Think

:)

Compumind, Mar 10, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 10, 2020
  4. marilee57 Win User

Pop-up blocker to allow pop-ups on the site Internet Explorer 11 browser.

I knew and went through all these steps already. the issue is even though I have
    www.pogo.com listed as an exception in my pop-up blockers in both IE11 and Firefox, it still won't allow my java to run and allow games windows to pop out since last Wednesday or so.

marilee57, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Firefox is already running - intermittent pop-up - why? - Similar Threads - Firefox already running

2. Run Command Pop-up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Run Command Pop-up?: What does this mean: Executing Win32_ShadowCopy->create ?Should I be worried? Why is it randomly just popping up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-command-pop-up/ab0ea80d-0f15-4e63-ac9a-7993b163275d
  3. Run Command Pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Command Pop-up?: What does this mean: Executing Win32_ShadowCopy->create ?Should I be worried? Why is it randomly just popping up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-command-pop-up/ab0ea80d-0f15-4e63-ac9a-7993b163275d
  4. Run Command Pop-up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. intermittent loss of trackpad mouse related to intermittent popping up of 'Type here search...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intermittent loss of trackpad mouse related to intermittent popping up of 'Type here search...: HIFirst off, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the touchpad driver. My problem is a difficult one, and I've already had the help of someone which took several hours. Basically, intermittently - it can be once a month, once a week, once every two weeks - I lose control of the...
  6. Firefox Portable unusable: How to Fix the “Firefox Is Already Running” Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox Portable unusable: How to Fix the “Firefox Is Already Running” Error: [ATTACH] Hi there I have a very annoying problem with Firefox Portable from portableapps.com. I have the latest available version as of today, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8GB RAM notebook, all Windows updates installed. Because I had many tabs + 2, 3 windows open when I...
  7. Old firefox popping up in my taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old firefox popping up in my taskbar: [ATTACH] So for some reason, everytime i boot up my pc or restart it, the old firefox keeps popping up and saying these weird stuff and sometimes opens up saying "about:memory" and other weird stuff, can someone tell me what this is? its kinda worrying me. And by the way, i...
  8. Why is this error popping up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is this error popping up?: For some reason, every time i start my computer up, and log in, i always get this error message.[ATTACH]Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-error-popping-up/8301be02-4ffa-4742-a8c2-d8e2866a8dc2
  9. Firefox pop up updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Firefox pop up updates: I keep getting a firefox request to open some update for a cloud name, when I tried to recover this I could not find it but the first banner taking over the page, and a devil of a job to get rid of, simply stops anything else. You can't cancel but must go ahead and install...
  10. Mysterious Pop-up "You already have one instance running"

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Pop-up "You already have one instance running": In the last 2 or 3 days I've occasionally been seeing a pop-up that says something like "You already have one instance running". No clue as to what's causing it. Sometimes they come two at a time. It's a little scary. Any ideas what could be causing these little pop-ups?...