Windows 10: Firefox is blocking Flash by default

Discus and support Firefox is blocking Flash by default in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After a number of issues and exploits have been discovered recently, Mozilla has taken a big step and is now blocking Flash in all of its Firefox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Firefox is blocking Flash by default

Read more: After Facebook called for its death, now Firefox is blocking Flash by default

:)

Brink, Jul 13, 2015
  2. Martmcd Win User
    Martmcd, Jul 13, 2015
  3. Notmad1911, Jul 13, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

1. I wonder when that will happen??
    2. What about sites that still use flash??

*Think

And how does flash even effect Facebook??

BunnyJ, Jul 13, 2015
  5. A lot of the games on facebook use flash (or did last time I looked)

paulsalter, Jul 13, 2015
  6. Pendaws Win User
    I use Pale Moon 64bit and to date haven't had trouble with this.

Pendaws, Jul 13, 2015
  7. strollin Win User
    I have FireFox 40 and have encountered this. By default the Flash plugin is set to "Ask to activate" and can't be changed to "Always activate". Same with the Java plugin.

strollin, Jul 13, 2015
  8. satrow Win User

satrow, Jul 13, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    It is not blocking the Flash released today. Only Flash built prior to today. Pale Moon is a Firefox clone. Without Firefox there would be no Pale Moon.

10. Boozad Win User
    I had it on my Win 7 install last night. Haven't seen it on 10 yet though.

Boozad, Jul 13, 2015
  11. meebers Win User
    I am using Cyberfox, it also does it. FF look alike. Seems like every time we get a windows update, Adobe will follow with updates.

meebers, Jul 13, 2015
  12. groze Win User
    Gary,

Technically, it is SeaMonkey there would be no Firefox or Pale Moon. Firefox use to be built from SeaMonkey from the way I understand it. Firefox has switched to some type of internal toolkit and now SeaMonkey is built from Firefox.

groze, Jul 13, 2015
  13. DavidY Win User

I use Facebook in FF without Flash and the only thing I noticed is that Facebook videos don't work. I don't use games though.

DavidY, Jul 13, 2015
  14. ARC
    Arc Win User
    It reminds me of the old apple joke.

Firefox is blocking Flash by default [​IMG]

15. Cr00zng Win User
    If the criteria for disabling application is vulnerability, then we won't have computers for long.

<s>*sarc*sarc*sarc
    </s>*sarc*sarc*sarc

Cr00zng, Jul 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Firefox is blocking Flash by default - Similar Threads - Firefox blocking Flash

2. Firefox blocked by family services.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox?!...
  3. Firefox blocked by family services.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox....
  4. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  5. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  6. MS family blocking firefox

MS family blocking firefox: Hi! I've added my daugthers e-mail to built-in mail program and now firefox is blocked. A request window pops up every time when I launch ff, to get an approval for start from parents. I recieve the confirmation email to my parent acc, and click on confirm and NOTHING...
  7. adobe flash is blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adobe flash is blocked: After latest windows update, adobe flash is blocked wile using games on facebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-is-blocked/1eea725e-52ed-415c-a1fe-12d7e5d09ebd
  8. FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???: The other day FF had an update to 67.0.1. When I logged into an web site that uses Adobe Flash, FireFox said I needed a update to Flash and to get it here (A button). The button took me to the flash download web site, I proceeded to down load the installer. I then ran the...
  9. ms family is blocking firefox

ms family is blocking firefox: Despite trying to remove all restrictions on my child's account, MS family protection continues to block Firefox. When the child opens firefox, it says 'ask your parent for permission'. I get the permission request on my end in MS Family, I approve it and grant the...
  10. Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox: This happens quite often and it seems to be connected to the flash player... so those facebook floating notifications and youtube stuff or google maps and generally pages with heavy flash content are very delicate and cause this horrible flashing. Windows gives me messages...