Firefox is blocking Flash by default

Discus and support Firefox is blocking Flash by default in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After a number of issues and exploits have been discovered recently, Mozilla has taken a big step and is now blocking Flash in all of its Firefox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: After Facebook called for its death, now Firefox is blocking Flash by default

:)

Brink, Jul 13, 2015
  2. Martmcd Win User
    Martmcd, Jul 13, 2015
  3. Notmad1911 Win User
    Notmad1911, Jul 13, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

1. I wonder when that will happen??
    2. What about sites that still use flash??

*Think

And how does flash even effect Facebook??

BunnyJ, Jul 13, 2015
  5. paulsalter Win User
    A lot of the games on facebook use flash (or did last time I looked)

paulsalter, Jul 13, 2015
  6. Pendaws Win User
    I use Pale Moon 64bit and to date haven't had trouble with this.

Pendaws, Jul 13, 2015
  7. strollin Win User
    I have FireFox 40 and have encountered this. By default the Flash plugin is set to "Ask to activate" and can't be changed to "Always activate". Same with the Java plugin.

strollin, Jul 13, 2015
  8. satrow Win User

satrow, Jul 13, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    It is not blocking the Flash released today. Only Flash built prior to today. Pale Moon is a Firefox clone. Without Firefox there would be no Pale Moon.

10. Boozad Win User
    I had it on my Win 7 install last night. Haven't seen it on 10 yet though.

Boozad, Jul 13, 2015
  11. meebers Win User
    I am using Cyberfox, it also does it. FF look alike. Seems like every time we get a windows update, Adobe will follow with updates.

meebers, Jul 13, 2015
  12. groze Win User
    Gary,

Technically, it is SeaMonkey there would be no Firefox or Pale Moon. Firefox use to be built from SeaMonkey from the way I understand it. Firefox has switched to some type of internal toolkit and now SeaMonkey is built from Firefox.

groze, Jul 13, 2015
  13. DavidY Win User

I use Facebook in FF without Flash and the only thing I noticed is that Facebook videos don't work. I don't use games though.

DavidY, Jul 13, 2015
  14. ARC
    Arc Win User
    It reminds me of the old apple joke.

Firefox is blocking Flash by default [​IMG]

15. Cr00zng Win User
    If the criteria for disabling application is vulnerability, then we won't have computers for long.

<s>*sarc*sarc*sarc
    </s>*sarc*sarc*sarc

Cr00zng, Jul 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Firefox is blocking Flash by default - Similar Threads - Firefox blocking Flash

2. Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application, virus, or something blocking windows defender from turning Real Time Protection on: I cannot turn on my windows defender real time protection, it is grey and cannot be turned on, before it said an organization was blocking your from turning on real time protection but i restarted my computer and when it turns on it says repairing and scanning drive then a...
  3. Default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps by file type: Hello, Most of my programs are not installed in the system, they are what called 'portables'. They are unzipped into a folder (not on "C"), made a shortcut on the desktop and it works fine for me. In the control panel I want to set "Default apps by file type", but when I...
  4. Default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Default apps by file type: Hello, Most of my programs are not installed in the system, they are what called 'portables'. They are unzipped into a folder (not on "C"), made a shortcut on the desktop and it works fine for me. In the control panel I want to set "Default apps by file type", but when I...
  5. how to reset task view to default settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to reset task view to default settings?: my task view is changing to grid, how can i change it to default straight line again?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-reset-task-view-to-default-settings/0615e04f-f717-412c-8ac2-58172212340d
  6. Cannot Copy File To Either Of Three USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Copy File To Either Of Three USB Flash Drives: [img] Why can't I copy the 5.7GB ISO file to either of these three USB Flash Drives? Please see attachment. Thanks. 116077
  7. Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe Flash Player: Hello, I have installed Flash and it works on chrome and Microsoft edge. But, when I download a swf. file, I can not open it with flash saying 'you must have administrative to install adobe flash player. Please log on with administrative privileges and try again.', although I...
  8. Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 download to USB flash drive incredibly slow: Trying to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Have used this page to use the download tool and chosen option 2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True Tried and aborted 3 times because of snails pace...
  9. [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [BUG] Windows 10 OneDrive @ Default Settings Causing Major Issues With Security Permissions: I came across this post, when researching the issue of security permissions being grayed out and not having the ability to save files. I then noticed this post was dated August 2015. Could this still be an issue with One Drive? My problem with not being able to save files...
  10. My PC protect write all my flash drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC protect write all my flash drives: Hi, I've recently been encountering this issue of my USB flash drives are being 'Write protected' by my PC. I even bought a new flash drive and inserted it into my PC, it gave me the error of not being able to send things to my flash drive. I have been trying to remove the...