Windows 10: Firefox is blocking Flash by default

Discus and support Firefox is blocking Flash by default in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If the criteria for disabling application is vulnerability, then we won't have computers for long. You can simply enable it (as required) by clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Firefox is blocking Flash by default

You can simply enable it (as required) by clicking on the plugin icon in the Address bar.

See strollin's post.

lehnerus2000, Jul 14, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

Sorry but When Firefox first came out which at that time was named Phoenix. SeaMonkey did not exist at the time. There may have Been a Mozilla Browser but it was not named SeaMonkey. As a side note the latest release of Flash is NOT being blocked by Firefox, Facebook may be blocking it as I do not use Facebook.

The Mozilla Suite was codenamed SeaMonkey per the wiki.

History of Firefox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_release_history

3. groze Win User
    @Gary

I was told this on their forum. At first, Firefox was ported from Netscape but it is the reverse now because of some type of toolkit they use now.

I think they might have been referring to Netscape. Aol/Netscape released the code under lgpl. They don't have to give the full source code but they way I understand it is Mozilla now owns the Netscape Source code.

groze, Jul 14, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Firefox is blocking Flash by default

See my post above. If you are referring to Mozillazine then I can understand the confusion. The MZ Suite was a bloated Browser as is SeaMonkey but when Phoenix came out SeaMonkey was only a codename. All of Mozzila's coding was based on Netscape.

SeaMonkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. groze Win User
    Hmm I find this interesting as well.

About SeaMonkey

What do they mean by Siblings? I see this as meaning that Firefox and Thunderbird were forked from SeaMonkey.

groze, Jul 14, 2015
  6. Carsomyr Win User
    I fail to see how this is news EVERY single version of adobe flash (and Java and all that) has ALWAYS had security issues... I do like how FF blocks them natively now though a lot of sites run their 80,000 ads off flash so no more uber lag when looking things up (for instance the runescape wiki... Yes I am a nerd and I still play occasionally *Tongue) so even without the security nonsense I would prefer to have it this way *Biggrin

Carsomyr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Firefox is blocking Flash by default

1. Firefox is blocking Flash by default - Similar Threads - Firefox blocking Flash

2. Firefox blocked by family services.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox?!...
  3. Firefox blocked by family services.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox blocked by family services.: I'm an adult, I've removed all restrictions on the account, I've left the family, and nothing has worked. Its infuriating. I'm not even part of a microsoft family anymore, why is it that it's still blocking me from using firefox....
  4. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  5. MS Family Is Blocking Firefox

MS Family Is Blocking Firefox: My parents use MS Family Safety for my account, and I have to use the Firefox browser for school. The only problem is that I can't open Firefox because of MS Family. My parents have removed all restrictions but Firefox is still not opening. I really need this fixed because I...
  6. MS family blocking firefox

MS family blocking firefox: Hi! I've added my daugthers e-mail to built-in mail program and now firefox is blocked. A request window pops up every time when I launch ff, to get an approval for start from parents. I recieve the confirmation email to my parent acc, and click on confirm and NOTHING...
  7. adobe flash is blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adobe flash is blocked: After latest windows update, adobe flash is blocked wile using games on facebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-is-blocked/1eea725e-52ed-415c-a1fe-12d7e5d09ebd
  8. FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox 67.0.1 & Flash ???: The other day FF had an update to 67.0.1. When I logged into an web site that uses Adobe Flash, FireFox said I needed a update to Flash and to get it here (A button). The button took me to the flash download web site, I proceeded to down load the installer. I then ran the...
  9. ms family is blocking firefox

ms family is blocking firefox: Despite trying to remove all restrictions on my child's account, MS family protection continues to block Firefox. When the child opens firefox, it says 'ask your parent for permission'. I get the permission request on my end in MS Family, I approve it and grant the...
  10. Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Terrible flashing/crashing in firefox: This happens quite often and it seems to be connected to the flash player... so those facebook floating notifications and youtube stuff or google maps and generally pages with heavy flash content are very delicate and cause this horrible flashing. Windows gives me messages...