Windows 10: Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops downloading

Discus and support Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops downloading in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then it stops downloading the file. I'm using Windows 10 20H2Below is what I've already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by desbest, May 2, 2021.

1. desbest Win User

Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops downloading

Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then it stops downloading the file. I'm using Windows 10 20H2Below is what I've already triedUsing Windows UpdateUpdating all the programs in the Microsoft StoreUpdating my driversRunning netcut to prevent others on the same wifi network from disconnecting meUsing sfc and dism scansUsing chkdsk scansHaving the correct amount set for virtual memoryRunning Firefox as administratorMaking sure that under Power Management my network adapter doesn't switch off to save powerUnder Power Plan settings making sure my hard drive doesn't switch of

:)

desbest, May 2, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Firefox Download Managers?

When dealing with really large file i use a 3rd party downloader called Free Download Manager.

Works with Seamonkey IE and Firefox for sure and you can even use it to download of places like D2D were a password or such is involved.

AsRock, May 2, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    Firefox Download Managers?

Another vote for Free Download Manager (FDM)

I've been using it for several years and could not do without it now.

IggSter, May 2, 2021
  4. Moose Win User

Internet Downloads

Thanks all for the useful suggestions, i certainly can understand the idea of refreshing downloads. I wish Firefox had that little button lol. Now i'll try and download Warrock (a great FREE game) with download manager though (annoyingly) firefox is now downloading without buggering up!
    I just did a few spyware scans which though didn't stop the probs it probably did stop all thoses bloody programs from using the internet and slowing it down.

Moose, May 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops downloading - Similar Threads - Firefox dropping packets

2. Internet disables when downloading large files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet disables when downloading large files: Summary of the problem:Browsing the internet, watching movies, and chatting works fine.Playing online games usually doesn't cause an issue, but sometimes do.The main issue starts when I download large files over the internet.For example, a large video file via Google drive or...
  3. Blue Screen when downloading large files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when downloading large files: Hi there!I've recently noticed my router which is connected via ethernet cable to my pc was limiting my download speed due to its specifications, and so decided to connect my PC directly to the modem instead the modem used to be in bridge mode beforehand. The new download...
  4. Blue Screen when downloading large files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when downloading large files: Hi there!I've recently noticed my router which is connected via ethernet cable to my pc was limiting my download speed due to its specifications, and so decided to connect my PC directly to the modem instead the modem used to be in bridge mode beforehand. The new download...
  5. Blue Screen when downloading large files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Ethernet Drops Connection When Downloading Large Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Drops Connection When Downloading Large Files: Every time I download a large file my Ethernet connection on my Windows 10 PC drops. Saying "default gateway not available" in the troubleshooter. This always gets fixed on a pc restart, but it is very inconvenient to restart every time I update a game or download something...
  7. Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops

Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops: Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then it stops downloading the file. I'm using Windows 10 20H2 Below is what I've already tried Using Windows UpdateUpdating all the programs in the Microsoft StoreUpdating my driversRunning netcut (to prevent others on...
  8. Downloading files with FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading files with FireFox: FF vr. 87.0. For the last week or so, when I see a link to download a file, a single click appears not to respond. Several clicks again on the same link give no indication of anything downloading. To my surprise, every click does in fact download the file. Usually there is an...
  9. Wify keeps dropping when downloading large files

Wify keeps dropping when downloading large files: Hi recently I had an issue that I thought it was only me, but surprisingly it is a recurring issue for Windows 10 users. Every time I was trying to download a large file through wi fy it was in Epic Games Launcher the wi fy Router would stop working. After reading some...
  10. Intense Lag when Downloading Large Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intense Lag when Downloading Large Files: Hi, I am using Windows 10 on an Acer Predator 17 laptop. I use a gigabit wired internet connection. When I download a large file, like an .iso file, my computer experience horrible lag. Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?...