Windows 10: Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops

Discus and support Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then it stops downloading the file. I'm using Windows 10 20H2 Below is what I've already tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by desbest, May 4, 2021.

1. desbest Win User

Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops

Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then it stops downloading the file. I'm using Windows 10 20H2 Below is what I've already tried Using Windows UpdateUpdating all the programs in the Microsoft StoreUpdating my driversRunning netcut (to prevent others on the same wifi network from disconnecting me)Using sfc and dism scansUsing chkdsk scansHaving the correct amount set for virtual memoryRunning Firefox as administratorMaking sure that under Power Management my network adapter doesn't switch off to save powerUnder Power Plan settings making sure my hard drive doesn't switch off to save powerChanging my DNS servers to 1.1.1.1 cloudflareClearing my DNS cache in Firefox under about:networkingDeleting my cookies in firefoxChecking my ping on the command line using the "ping google.com" command. No packets are dropped there.Clearing the DNS cache in windows using various ipconfig and netsh commands on the command lineUsing a VPN Any other ideas?

:)

desbest, May 4, 2021
  2. desbest Win User

Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then it stops downloading the file. I'm using Windows 10 20H2

Below is what I've already tried

• Using Windows Update
    • Updating all the programs in the Microsoft Store
    • Updating my drivers
    • Running netcut (to prevent others on the same wifi network from disconnecting me)
    • Using sfc and dism scans
    • Using chkdsk scans
    • Having the correct amount set for virtual memory
    • Running Firefox as administrator
    • Making sure that under Power Management my network adapter doesn't switch off to save power
    • Under Power Plan settings making sure my hard drive doesn't switch off to save power
    • Changing my DNS servers to 1.1.1.1 cloudflare
    • Clearing my DNS cache in Firefox under about:networking
    • Deleting my cookies in firefox
    • Checking my ping on the command line using the "ping google.com" command. No packets are dropped there.
    • Clearing the DNS cache in windows using various ipconfig and netsh commands on the command line
    • Using a VPN

Any other ideas?

desbest, May 5, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Firefox Download Managers?

When dealing with really large file i use a 3rd party downloader called Free Download Manager.

Works with Seamonkey IE and Firefox for sure and you can even use it to download of places like D2D were a password or such is involved.

AsRock, May 5, 2021
  4. Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops

Firefox crashes non-stop!!!

Firefox is useless now. Last known decent version was 3. It was downhill after that. Better switch to other browsers.

The prob you are mentioning is because of the sqlite file, Delete it, and it will be good to go. S

jagjitnatt, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops - Similar Threads - Firefox dropping packets

2. Blue Screen when downloading large files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when downloading large files: Hi there!I've recently noticed my router which is connected via ethernet cable to my pc was limiting my download speed due to its specifications, and so decided to connect my PC directly to the modem instead the modem used to be in bridge mode beforehand. The new download...
  3. Blue Screen when downloading large files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen when downloading large files: Hi there!I've recently noticed my router which is connected via ethernet cable to my pc was limiting my download speed due to its specifications, and so decided to connect my PC directly to the modem instead the modem used to be in bridge mode beforehand. The new download...
  4. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  5. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  6. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Ethernet Drops Connection When Downloading Large Files

Ethernet Drops Connection When Downloading Large Files: Every time I download a large file my Ethernet connection on my Windows 10 PC drops. Saying "default gateway not available" in the troubleshooter. This always gets fixed on a pc restart, but it is very inconvenient to restart every time I update a game or download something...
  8. Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops downloading

Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then stops downloading: Firefox is dropping packets when downloading large files then it stops downloading the file. I'm using Windows 10 20H2Below is what I've already triedUsing Windows UpdateUpdating all the programs in the Microsoft StoreUpdating my driversRunning netcut to prevent others on the...
  9. Downloading files with FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading files with FireFox: FF vr. 87.0. For the last week or so, when I see a link to download a file, a single click appears not to respond. Several clicks again on the same link give no indication of anything downloading. To my surprise, every click does in fact download the file. Usually there is an...
  10. Wify keeps dropping when downloading large files

Wify keeps dropping when downloading large files: Hi recently I had an issue that I thought it was only me, but surprisingly it is a recurring issue for Windows 10 users. Every time I was trying to download a large file through wi fy it was in Epic Games Launcher the wi fy Router would stop working. After reading some...