Windows 10: Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications

Discus and support Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Just like any other web browsers, Mozilla Firefox has support for push notifications built in. Windows 10 has a notification system called Action... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 7, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications

Just like any other web browsers, Mozilla Firefox has support for push notifications built in. Windows 10 has a notification system called Action Center, but Firefox doesn’t utilize it. It appears that we can soon expect to see Firefox notifications delivered through Windows 10 Action Center.

Mozilla has confirmed that the company is bringing Windows 10 native notification support to Firefox.

Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications Firefox-64-milestone.jpg

According to a post on Mozilla’s Bugzilla, the support for native notification will be added in Firefox 64 and it’s already available in the latest nightly build of Firefox.

By the looks of things, Mozilla is gradually rolling out the Windows 10 Action Center support in latest nightly builds of Firefox. The feature will be enabled soon if you’re not seeing notifications via Action Center.

Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications Firefox-notifications.jpg

This feature has been requested by Firefox users ever since Windows 10 was released and it’s finally coming after a long delay. It’s important to note that the Firefox won’t deliver the notifications through its built-in system anymore as it doesn’t make sense to have notifications coming through both the built-in Firefox system and Windows 10 Action Center.

There’s no way to disable the Windows 10 native notification support in Nightly builds, at least for now.

This change makes sense for a couple of reasons. For example, the Firefox notifications are now also supported by Windows 10’s Focus Assist. That means you can now delay the notifications sent through Firefox when you’re running a game or in a do-not-disturb mode.

Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications Firefox-Nightly-in-Windows-10.jpg

You can now also disable the Firefox notifications from Windows 10’s built-in Settings page.

The post Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 7, 2018
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications

1. Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications - Similar Threads - Firefox getting support

2. Native toast notifications not displaying on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Native toast notifications not displaying on Windows 10: Hi, First-time poster here so hoping this is the correct forum for this and I've followed the rules I believe I have! Would be very grateful for any assistance at all with this issue as it's driving my colleague and I up the wall currently. Description of issue and summary of...
  3. Native toast notifications not displaying on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native toast notifications not displaying on Windows 10: Hi, First-time poster here so hoping this is the correct forum for this and I've followed the rules I believe I have! Would be very grateful for any assistance at all with this issue as it's driving my colleague and I up the wall currently. Description of issue and summary of...
  4. Native toast notifications not displaying on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 is reportedly getting native Android apps support

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is reportedly getting native Android apps support: Microsoft is working on a new project that will close the ‘app gap’ in the Microsoft Store (also known as Windows Store). Reports of running Android apps natively on Windows 10 go back to 2014 when Microsoft started exploring ‘Project Astoria’ and ‘Project Islandwood’, which...
  6. How to get a notifications from Firefox

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get a notifications from Firefox: How to get a notifications from Firefox? I tried going on notifications and actions in settings but the only browser I get notify is Chrome. here's the screenshot: [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Chrome Native Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Pro Chrome Native Notifications: Hey guys, this is my last resort. I've recently installed Win 10 Pro: http://prntscr.com/n0cniw I am working with Slack and before this, on Windows 7 I had a popup showing up when someone was writing me. After installing this Windows, they are not showing up. No YouTube...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Chrome Native Notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Chrome Native Notifications: Hey guys, this is my last resort. I've recently installed Win 10 Pro: http://prntscr.com/n0cniw I am working with Slack and before this, on Windows 7 I had a popup showing up when someone was writing me. After installing this Windows, they are not showing up. No YouTube...
  9. Google pushes out native Windows 10 notifications support in Chrome 68 version

in Windows 10 News
    Google pushes out native Windows 10 notifications support in Chrome 68 version: Earlier this year we had reported that Google is testing support for native Windows 10 notifications for its Chrome browser. There was no confirmed ETA given as to when the company plans to roll out the feature to its Chrome browser. Today we report that Google has now...
  10. Windows 10 will support FLAC natively

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will support FLAC natively: For media enthusiasts, Windows 10 is shaping up to be a good OS for your next media player as Microsoft has announced that FLAC support will ship with Windows 10. This codec is widely used and will be a welcomed addition to Windows 10. FLAC stands for 'Free Lossless Audio...