Windows 10: Firefox is starting automatically when restarting Windows

Discus and support Firefox is starting automatically when restarting Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been facing a weird problem for last couple of days. My #FirefoxBrowser in #Windows10Home is automatically starting when I am restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SnehashisKumar, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Firefox is starting automatically when restarting Windows

I have been facing a weird problem for last couple of days. My

#FirefoxBrowser in #Windows10Home is automatically starting when I am restarting windows. I've followed the following troubleshooting but the problem still persists. Does anybody has any solution?

Firefox is starting automatically when restarting Windows 5eaa5f96-e0a3-4af3-8101-e583dedff4c1?upload=true.png

:)

SnehashisKumar, Mar 14, 2020

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Firefox automatically starts itself on boot

hey thanks for fast reply , I restarted my computer several times today after that firefox thing happen, so far so good I did not get any more firefox pop ups at boot (when I get the desktop) so I guess its ok , I also checked the startup menu you mentioned
    there's no firefox entry in startup tab, its a browser like internet explorer and as far as I know browsers dont add themselves as "launch at startup"

so seems like the problem is gone, besides firefox opens the official windows help page at boot so its not a malware or anything like that

thanks

Pagefile'sys, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Firefox is starting automatically when restarting Windows

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Firefox is starting automatically when restarting Windows

1. Firefox is starting automatically when restarting Windows - Similar Threads - Firefox starting automatically

2. OneDrive not starting automatically after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not starting automatically after restart: I am on Windows 11. Just recently, OneDrive does not start up automatically after a restart. Something keeps turning off the Enable feature in Task Manager Startup. I have gone into OneDrive – Personal Settings, and the “Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to...
  3. OneDrive not starting automatically after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive not starting automatically after restart: I am on Windows 11. Just recently, OneDrive does not start up automatically after a restart. Something keeps turning off the Enable feature in Task Manager Startup. I have gone into OneDrive – Personal Settings, and the “Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to...
  4. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I have done EVERYTHING on the post started back in 2017 on this issue. Here's that thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?auth=1 I have...
  5. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I followed along in the post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?page=1 However, it is a locked thread. I have done EVERYTHING recommended, and...
  6. explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts

explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts: When windows starts explorer.exe doesn't start. The command prompt is displayed and i have to manually start explorer.exe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorerexe-doesnt-start-automatically-when/c896b0bb-931e-4a68-b92f-478973d99d67
  7. Windows Automatically Logs In When Restarting

Windows Automatically Logs In When Restarting: I have a laptop that had a corrupt Windows update. It was corrected via Remote Support but during that process something was disabled so when the device starts up or restarts, it automatically logs in. When we lock/unlock the device, we get the login screen....
  8. OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts: I have a new install of Windows 10, fully updated. My issue is that OneDrive is no longer automatically starting when Windows starts. I have tried changing the setting in OneDrive, "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" but it eventually resets itself to...
  9. Firefox Won't Start

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox Won't Start: I wanted to test out using Firefox. When I open Firefox, it asks for parent permission. [ATTACH] When I click "Ask by email," it says that the request was sent. [ATTACH] My dad has confirmed that I can use Firefox numerous times. Over the past month, I've tried several...
  10. Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart: How to: Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart How to Enable or Disable Automatically Reopen Firefox after Windows Restart or Shutdown If you leave Firefox open when Windows shuts down or restarts, Firefox may automatically re-open with...