Windows 10: Firefox Location Bar

Discus and support Firefox Location Bar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been unable to post to the Firefox Support Website. That is why I am posting this here. Whenever I type a letter, say "C", in the URL bar I get... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Jul 4, 2018.

1. JJG10 Win User

Firefox Location Bar

I have been unable to post to the Firefox Support Website. That is why I am posting this here.

Whenever I type a letter, say "C", in the URL bar I get suggestions for all sites I have recently visited starting with C.
    This has just started and I don't want that behavior. I must have changed something in Options to cause this but I can't figure out what I might have been.

Can someone help me?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jul 4, 2018

2. Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

I was going to suggest that too. Firefox pulls suggestions from bookmarks too, so if it's bookmarked, no amount of clearing history/etc will make it not appear.

Bobby Phoenix, Jul 4, 2018
  3. jaswalt Win User
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my favorites but every time I complete the steps, it takes my favorites and puts them in my favorites bar. I have a whole list of pages on my favorites bar in Firefox that I want to use for my favorites bar on edge. Why is the program turning my favorites from Firefox into my favorites BAR on edge? How do I transfer my favorites from Firefox into favorites on Edge and my favorites BAR in Firefox into my favorites BAR in edge? Thank you in advance for your help.

jaswalt, Jul 4, 2018
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Firefox Location Bar

Latest Firefox Released for Windows

Firefox 59 ships tomorrow, March 13th and includes these changes
    • Option to stop websites from asking to send notifications or access your device’s camera, microphone, and location
    • Users can choose in Options whether search suggestions or history suggestions come first in the address bar
    • Activity Stream is faster and now has drag and drop support for top sites
    • Screenshots now has a Copy to Clipboard button
    • Off Main Thread Paint (OMTP) (MAC) improves main thread responsiveness
    • Race Cache with Network to improve page loading time

OldMike65, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Firefox Location Bar

1. Firefox Location Bar - Similar Threads - Firefox Location Bar

2. How to remove Firefox View button from Firefox Title Bar

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Firefox View button from Firefox Title Bar: [ATTACH]This post explains how to remove Firefox View button from Firefox title bar. Firefox View is a new feature of the Firefox browser that lets you sync browsed content across various devices using the same Firefox account. It is represented by a pinned tab that stays at...
  3. Firefox cache folder location

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox cache folder location: Please I would like to know where Firefox cache folder located at? 181518
  4. Firefox Bookmarks toolbar - Menu bar

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmarks toolbar - Menu bar: Hello I'm having a problem with firefox, the menu bar (file, view, bookmarks, etc., etc., & bookmarks toolbar has disappeared I've gone into menu, customise, ticked title bar, done, when I right click next to the referesh, home icons, menu bar and bookmarks are both ticked,...
  5. Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Address Bar Suggestions: I have recently deleted my Firefox history, including cookies, cache and everything else. I went back to the beginning of all-time just to make sure there was nothing left. But I'm still faced with a dilemma, whenever I type a single letter, say R for example, it...
  6. Remove Firefox Search Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Remove Firefox Search Bar: I didn't like the Firefox Search Bar. I rarely used it. It takes up valuable real estate that can be used by other ADD-ONS Icons. I Just do my searches directly in Bing or Google. To remove the Firefox Search Bar (this actually just moves it and stores it away, you can...
  7. Farorites Bar In Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Farorites Bar In Firefox: How do you add a website to the favorites bar using an icon only in firefox? My existing favorites bar icons was imported from IE 11. Do I need to create an icon in IE 11 and then import it to firefox? 78142
  8. missing address bar in Firefox 50

in Browsers and Email
    missing address bar in Firefox 50: I realize this may not be the most obvious place to be asking this question, but I've already spent more than enough time in the Mozilla help files without finding an answer, so... Can anyone tell me how to restore the address bar in Firefox? I've even gone so far as...
  9. Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox [img] Information The title bar is at the top of Firefox. It includes the Firefox icon in the top left corner, and the full title of the currently opened tab. The title bar is not added by default in Firefox since it does take...
  10. Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Search Bar in Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), you might see your search bar and your address bar combined into a single bar. New installs of Firefox Quantum will see this unified bar. If you prefer separate...