Windows 10: Firefox most visited icon disappears

Discus and support Firefox most visited icon disappears in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The icon "most visited" is no longer on the Firefox menu. It was there this morning, but gone this afternoon. 62286 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

Firefox most visited icon disappears

The icon "most visited" is no longer on the Firefox menu. It was there this morning, but gone this afternoon.

:)

Fred22, Aug 31, 2016

2. Unable to open apps on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10

Windows 10 was working just fine after installation. Now all I have is the icon in the lower left task bar. Firefox icon & calculator disappeared from the bottom status bar, & in fact clicking on the windows icon does nothing, which means I can access
    any apps! I can double click the Firefox icon on the desktop to connect to the internet, but the windows icon is completely unresponsive.

I can locate most of my files by right clicking , but it also refuses to recognize my external hard drive without unplugging and re-connecting.

KathyShellstrom, Aug 31, 2016
  3. Edge disappeared from my computer

Problem started this morning, first I was unable to open edge from the usual icon, I restart the computer many time, the icon was there but unresponsive, after one of the restarting the Icon disappear from the computer. I'm writing from Firefox now.

No error message

Not sure if these are the specs you needed

AntonellaManganelli, Aug 31, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member
  5. Fred22 Win User
    Thanks...the "most visited" icon showed up in one of my folders this AM...don't know how it got there, but now I know how to find it so I can get to my e-mail without closing Firefox and returning to my desktop.

Fred22, Sep 1, 2016
  6. Hi:

Could you not just bookmark the webpage that takes you to your email (webmail) web page?

Just a thought,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 1, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Use the Bookmark feature and choose to put it on the Favorites Toolbar, mine resides at the left end.

Berton, Sep 1, 2016
  8. Fred22 Win User

Firefox most visited icon disappears [​IMG]
    Now I have another problem. Some folders have merged. How can I fix this and still save the links in each folder? the music info folder has lots of files that I don't want to lose...don't understand what caused these folders to merge. I just opened up Firefox and there it was. As you can see, order tracking and the birthdays folders now have "sub-folders". My Music Info folder is now a sub-folder of Order Tracking.

Fred22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox most visited icon disappears - Similar Threads - Firefox visited icon

2. Icons disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons disappearing: when I logged in to my PC the recycle bin icon disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-disappearing/92a29620-29b6-4463-8445-cab2527944d4
  3. Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged: Ok so yesterday I was just using my computer as normal and when I was about shut it off I noticed majority of my desktop icons disappeared? It didn't happen right after I restarted my computer and my computer was relatively fine throughout the day. I installed some third...
  4. Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged: Ok so yesterday I was just using my computer as normal and when I was about shut it off I noticed majority of my desktop icons disappeared? It didn't happen right after I restarted my computer and my computer was relatively fine throughout the day. I installed some third...
  5. Most of Desktop Icons disappeared and remaining rearranged

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Firefox mostly generi bookmark favicons

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox mostly generi bookmark favicons: I cant remember when it happened, but about 90% of my bookmark favicons have turned generic. What do I do? 178034
  7. Right Click Most Visited and Recently Closed menu items not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Most Visited and Recently Closed menu items not working.: When I right click Chrome Icon on the Taskbar, it shows Most visited, Recently closed and Tasks. Most visited and Recently closed no longer work since the Microsoft Update. Please help?...
  8. Possible to show recent/most visited pages by clicking on Address?

in Browsers and Email
    Possible to show recent/most visited pages by clicking on Address?: This is for the new Edge browser. I ditched Firefox after years of using it. I have not found a way to be able to simply click on the address bar and have it expand and show recent or most viewed sites. Is there a way to make that happen? 173103
  9. Removing most visited tiles etc from Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Removing most visited tiles etc from Firefox: Hi folks Excuse if common knowledge but I certainly didn't know how to do it. If you want to remove / alter those tiles on firefox when using the browser (most visited websites etc) simply place the mouse on one (don't click etc) and wait until you see thre full stops at the...
  10. Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared: I had no problem to auto-hide taskbar on my desktop with Windows 10 PRO 64X ver. 1703 and to my surprise that most of my desktop icons disappeared. I don't want my desktop icons disapper on my monitor screen and how do I prevent them not to disappear even I move the slide to...