Windows 10: Firefox most visited icon disappears

Discus and support Firefox most visited icon disappears in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The icon "most visited" is no longer on the Firefox menu. It was there this morning, but gone this afternoon. 62286 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fred22, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

Firefox most visited icon disappears

The icon "most visited" is no longer on the Firefox menu. It was there this morning, but gone this afternoon.

:)

Fred22, Aug 31, 2016

2. Unable to open apps on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10

Windows 10 was working just fine after installation. Now all I have is the icon in the lower left task bar. Firefox icon & calculator disappeared from the bottom status bar, & in fact clicking on the windows icon does nothing, which means I can access
    any apps! I can double click the Firefox icon on the desktop to connect to the internet, but the windows icon is completely unresponsive.

I can locate most of my files by right clicking , but it also refuses to recognize my external hard drive without unplugging and re-connecting.

KathyShellstrom, Aug 31, 2016
  3. Edge disappeared from my computer

Problem started this morning, first I was unable to open edge from the usual icon, I restart the computer many time, the icon was there but unresponsive, after one of the restarting the Icon disappear from the computer. I'm writing from Firefox now.

No error message

Not sure if these are the specs you needed

AntonellaManganelli, Aug 31, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member
  5. Fred22 Win User
    Thanks...the "most visited" icon showed up in one of my folders this AM...don't know how it got there, but now I know how to find it so I can get to my e-mail without closing Firefox and returning to my desktop.

Fred22, Sep 1, 2016
  6. Hi:

Could you not just bookmark the webpage that takes you to your email (webmail) web page?

Just a thought,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 1, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Use the Bookmark feature and choose to put it on the Favorites Toolbar, mine resides at the left end.

Berton, Sep 1, 2016
  8. Fred22 Win User

Firefox most visited icon disappears [​IMG]
    Now I have another problem. Some folders have merged. How can I fix this and still save the links in each folder? the music info folder has lots of files that I don't want to lose...don't understand what caused these folders to merge. I just opened up Firefox and there it was. As you can see, order tracking and the birthdays folders now have "sub-folders". My Music Info folder is now a sub-folder of Order Tracking.

Fred22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox most visited icon disappears - Similar Threads - Firefox visited icon

2. Icon disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon disappear: My icons (right bottom) won't show these 3 icons (power, volume, wifi) at once. It just show 2 icons only and the other 1 will disappear but will appear if i drag one out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-disappear/c8c9de77-874d-4232-bbeb-0c76c47a3619
  3. Icons disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons disappearing: Very often all my icons will disappear. Desktop, toolbar, file thumbnails etc all disappear and will not reload until I restart my system. This happens way to often and computer seems sluggish when it does. What can I do?? I figure it's a memory problem but I'm not sure....
  4. desktop icon disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icon disappear: windows 10 starts with a black screen (with few locked applications to task bar & tray) no right click so I can't ask to show desktop icons). It seems that the black screen is covering the desktop because playing with the settings (personalization etc) show all icons for a...
  5. MOST Favorite Icons are gone

in Browsers and Email
    MOST Favorite Icons are gone: Since the Creators update it seems about 90% of my favorite icons are gone and have reverted to the IE browser Icon. Not the little blue round one the one that looks like a paper with the IE logo on it. I tried resetting IE I tried deleting ALL the icons and making new...
  6. Text randomly disappears in most programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Text randomly disappears in most programs: After installing creators update, the text in most programs would disappear randomly, making them impossible to use. Symptoms before this happens: Computer usually hangs (sometimes even mouse cursor freezes) for at least a few minutes If I happen to have task manager...
  7. Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-hide taskbar working but most desktop icons disappeared: I had no problem to auto-hide taskbar on my desktop with Windows 10 PRO 64X ver. 1703 and to my surprise that most of my desktop icons disappeared. I don't want my desktop icons disapper on my monitor screen and how do I prevent them not to disappear even I move the slide to...
  8. The Disappearing Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    The Disappearing Icon: This is an unusual problem. I'm in the process of reinstalling applications onto my C: drive that were initially installed on another drive. They create an icon onto my Desktop. I then drag those icons into a Folder called Utilities. Once I do that, the icon turns...
  9. most used apps icons

in Windows 10 Support
    most used apps icons: Don't know what you call the screen that shows up when you do a left click on the Windows icon on the main screen and a large box opens up with a bunch of little boxes of apps/programs that I have set up and use for quick access. Anyway, the programs and the names are there...
  10. Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Disappeared: Back in November of 2015 I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I run a two monitor setup. The taskbar icons used to appear on both of my monitors, but now only appear on my secondary. I've tried the option to have taskbar icons appear on all monitors. Doesn't work. I should add...