Windows 10: Firefox Nightly on Windows gets FastBlock feature to improve page loading

Discus and support Firefox Nightly on Windows gets FastBlock feature to improve page loading in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Yesterday, Firefox announced that the Firefox Nightly is getting a new update that enables support for FastBlock feature by default. The feature is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 5, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Firefox Nightly on Windows gets FastBlock feature to improve page loading

Yesterday, Firefox announced that the Firefox Nightly is getting a new update that enables support for FastBlock feature by default. The feature is currently live on Windows devices and you can enable it by unchecking ‘Slow-Loading Trackers’ in Settings under Content Blocking UI preferences.

The FastBlock feature (improving Firefox page loading performance by restricting the loading of trackers) was enabled by default this morning for the Nightly channel https://t.co/jPdNJbDF3y

— Firefox Nightly (@FirefoxNightly) September 4, 2018

Firefox 62 is now available

Mozilla today is releasing a new and major update for its Firefox browser for Windows. The new version 62 is currently rolling out and should be available in a few hours for Firefox users on all platforms.

The latest update brings with it major new changes like Sync improvements along with allowing users to remove data like history and more once they have disconnected from the service.

Mozilla has added new options to toggle the Tracking protection on and off to the hamburger menu and a three-pane Inspector in Developer Tools, which now has its own panel for rules.

Mozilla has also improved the New Tab configuration screen for regular users with the new tab page now configured to display top sites, highlights and Pocket data. You will also be able to select how many rows of data can be displayed or shown after updating to the new version.

A new option “Clear Site Data and Cookies” has now been added next to the address bar which allows users to delete the data for the loaded website, meaning you will now be able to delete data for one specific page instead of deleting the entire browsing session.

The company has also made improvements to the browsing experience along with introducing small refinements to the description field of bookmarks. With the latest version, Mozilla has made sure to improve the overall experience of the browser.

Mozilla has just started the rollout of the latest Firefox version 62 and it should hit your devices in a few hours. Make sure to leave your thoughts on the latest features in the comments below.

The post Firefox Nightly on Windows gets FastBlock feature to improve page loading appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Edwin Win User

Firefox Nightly...

When using the 'Find' (Ctrl+F) feature in Firefox Nightly v.50.0, Nightly dims the whole page and highlights the searched words.

Firefox Nightly on Windows gets FastBlock feature to improve page loading [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Firefox Nightly...

Firefox Nightly 60.0a1 (2018-02-20)

Drag 'n' Drop in the New Tab page allows you rearrange your top sites the way you want...

Firefox Nightly on Windows gets FastBlock feature to improve page loading [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Edwin, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox Nightly on Windows gets FastBlock feature to improve page loading - Similar Threads - Firefox Nightly gets

2. Need workaround for another Firefox improvement.

in Browsers and Email
    Need workaround for another Firefox improvement.: It seems that the folks at Mozilla have decided to incorporate another "improvement" in Firefox. Now... when I right click an image I no longer have the "View image information" option. This is happening on all websites, even image hosting sites. It started somewhere around...
  3. Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement"

in Browsers and Email
    Need to remove a Firefox... "improvement": I run FF 86.0.1 (Windows 10), as a windows, rather than full screen. Occasionally, a link I click on at some site generates a smaller windows saying... "We're having trouble reaching that site". This new windows is smaller than the FF windows I run, and seems to be centered...
  4. Browers other than Firefox won't load any pages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browers other than Firefox won't load any pages: My computer is effectively connected to internet: I can browse on Firefox just fine and apps can download updates. However other browsers Edge, Brave Chromium fail to load any page prompting a "no internet" error message. The Discord app also started not launching at the same...
  5. Windows 10 will now get features and improvements in a new way

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will now get features and improvements in a new way: With Windows 10 version 2004 or newer, Microsoft added a new item called “Windows Feature Experience Pack“. This can be found under Windows Specifications in Settings > About and it will now include shell components to enable new features in the OS faster. Currently, Windows...
  6. Windows 10 iso page isn’t loading on Ubuntu, Firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 iso page isn’t loading on Ubuntu, Firefox: I’ve been trying for hours to access the page to no success. The page just constantly loads. I’ve tried lots to no success. Please help me....
  7. Firefox reloading pages after they are fully loaded.

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox reloading pages after they are fully loaded.: Firefox version: [img] Is anyone else experiencing Firefox reloading a web page after it is already fully loaded? What is happening, is that the browser is reloading the web page while viewing (scrolling) further down the page and reloading the page (same tab and not...
  8. Windows 10 20H1 to improve Optional Features settings page

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1 to improve Optional Features settings page: Microsoft’s next big update Windows 10 20H1 is expected to come with minor improvements for the Optional Features setting page. Windows 10’s Settings app comes with an Optional Features page which allows users to manage, install, and uninstall optional features such as...
  9. Windows 10 19H1 to bring Search improvements, simplified Apps & features page

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 to bring Search improvements, simplified Apps & features page: Microsoft is working on Windows 10 19H1, the next big update for its OS and the company is testing various changes with Insiders. The most recent preview build of Windows 10 April 2019 Update comes with improvements for Windows Search experience. Windows 10 19H1 update...
  10. Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading: Most of the websites are full of images and scripts which can be a huge bottleneck for performance. Google is aware of the performance issues and the company is working on a new feature called image lazy-loading to speed up the webpages page loading. The latest Canary build...