Windows 10: Firefox Now Available with Enhanced Tracking Protection by Default

Discus and support Firefox Now Available with Enhanced Tracking Protection by Default in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It’s been several weeks since I was promoted to Senior Vice President of Firefox, responsible for overall Firefox product and web platform development.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Firefox Now Available with Enhanced Tracking Protection by Default

Source:

See also: Latest Firefox Released for Windows

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Jun 4, 2019

2. Tracking protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Tracking protection is an improvement in the time it takes to load some pages faster. It helps to prevent your browsing info being sent to third-party content providers on sites you visit by blocking content from those providers. This helps keep your
    browsing activity more private. To turn on Tracking Protection, you need to install a Tracking Protection List. Think of a Tracking Protection Lists as a “do not call” list. Internet Explorer blocks any third–party content from sites on the list, and limits
    the info that those third–party sites can collect about you.

Refer the below link for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/use-tracking-protection#ie=ie-11.

Hope this helps to resolve the issue. Please revert for any clarification on this or any Windows issue. We will be glad to help you.

SuvarnaG1709, Jun 4, 2019
  3. ThumperNut, Jun 4, 2019
  4. avelos156 Win User

Unable to "Turn on Tracking Protection" for a specific administrator account

IE11 (automatic updates), Win10.

I'm unable to set Tracking Protection working for a specific user account. While for all other user accounts (normal users) in the same machine Tracking Protection works, for the administrator account it cannot be enabled.

I have downloaded 3 tracking protection lists that are in status "Enabled".

The lists can be enabled/disabled freely.

Even though all 3 lists are enabled, tracking protection does not work at all.

When I click on Settings -> Safety, the corresponding menu option always reads "Turn on Tracking Protection" no matter how many times I select it. In the other accounts where the tracking protection works this menu option reads "Turn off Tracking Protection".

The account's personalized tracking protection list remains in status "Disabled" no matter how many times I have tried to enable it. Although I do not need this list at all, it is an indication/confirmation that something is wrong with my tracking protection.
    For the other user accounts the personalized tracking protection list can be freely enabled/disabled.

I run the ProcessMonitor to see if there is any kind of access issues with the administrator account, but it looks pretty good. No "Access Denied" issues, no weird results.

I also completely removed all IE folders in appdata folder and all IE enties under registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer. Everything was recreated at IE11 first launch, however the issue remains.

Any suggestions?

avelos156, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Firefox Now Available with Enhanced Tracking Protection by Default - Similar Threads - Firefox Available Enhanced

2. Audio Enhancements not available?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Enhancements not available?: It has been a long time since I've noticed this, but I decided to ask about it today.When I go into Sound Control Panel by right-clicking Speaker icon and choosing Sounds, Playback tab, select an audio device and go into its Properties, I don't see the Enhancements tab....
  3. Firefox not available in Default web browser list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox not available in Default web browser list: Settings - Default Apps - Web Browser Only Chrome IE and Edge are available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-not-available-in-default-web-browser-list/ff5d0599-5a6a-4ad1-9b3a-2f6687c12a7c
  4. Mozilla Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection now turned on by default

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection now turned on by default: [ATTACH] Today, Firefox on desktop and Android will — by default — empower and protect all our users by blocking third-party tracking cookies and cryptominers. This milestone marks a major step in our multi-year effort to bring stronger, usable privacy protections to...
  5. Firefox Reality now available for Oculus Quest

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Reality now available for Oculus Quest: We are excited to announce that Firefox Reality is now available for the Oculus Quest! Following our releases for other 6DoF headsets including the HTC Vive Focus Plus and Lenovo Mirage, we are delighted to bring the Firefox Reality VR web browsing experience to Oculus'...
  6. Firefox Preview for Android now available

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Preview for Android now available: At Firefox, we’re passionate about providing solutions for people who care about safety, privacy and independence. For several months, we’ve been working on a new strategy for our Android products to serve you even better. Today we’re very happy to announce a pilot of our new...
  7. Firefox Changing Approach to Anti-tracking

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Changing Approach to Anti-tracking: Anyone who isn’t an expert on the internet would be hard-pressed to explain how tracking on the internet actually works. Some of the negative effects of unchecked tracking are easy to notice, namely eerily-specific targeted advertising and a loss of performance on the web....
  8. Advance is now available from Firefox Test Pilot

in Windows 10 News
    Advance is now available from Firefox Test Pilot: The web runs on algorithms. Your search results, product recommendations, and the news you read are all customized to your interests. They are designed to increase the time you spend in front of a screen, build addiction to sites and services, and ultimately maximize the...
  9. Firefox Quantum for Enterprise now available

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Quantum for Enterprise now available: Fast, lightweight, secure and easily configurable, Firefox Quantum for Enterprise should be your go-to for business browsing. [img] Browsers are key to how everyone in your company works, but how often do you think about them? A memory-hungry browser can slow your systems...
  10. Firefox 64-bit is now available to download

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox 64-bit is now available to download: Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Mozilla Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI,...