Windows 10: Firefox on build 10130

Discus and support Firefox on build 10130 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For some reason; the latest build of the tech preview keeps resetting my default browser from firefox to I believe internet explorer or the new one for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Matt Siegel, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Firefox on build 10130

For some reason; the latest build of the tech preview keeps resetting my default browser from firefox to I believe internet explorer or the new one for 10 microsoft edge. Does anyone know why it keeps doing this? This seems to be a bug in the tech preview?

:)

Matt Siegel, Jun 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 Build 10130 Will Not Update to 10159 - Any Ideas?

I found if I use Firefox or Internet explorer it only downloads Build 10130

If use Spartan I get Build 10162

Knowledge248, Jun 16, 2015
  3. ff crashes when last pass signs in

Firefox 41.0b4 crashes each time the current Last Pass version signs in. Also, FF will crash on loading if Last Pass is active. I am running Windows 10, so to speak. My laptop is set up the same way except it is on the evaluation copy build 10130 of
    W10 and it does NOT have this problem....?????

dennycypret-771, Jun 16, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Firefox on build 10130

How are you setting the default? Apps are no longer allowed to set their own defaults, so you can't rely on FF to do it for you.

Mystere, Jun 16, 2015
  5. Well; i can safely tell you it is resetting itself to something other than firefox; so i dont know whats up; but this seems to be a bug to me.

Matt Siegel, Jun 16, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    You didn't answer my question. HOW ARE YOU SETTING THE DEFAULT?

If you're just letting FF do it, then that's the problem. It's not a bug. Windows no longer allows apps to set their own defaults. You must do it yourself in the Settings app.

It's not "resetting itself", it's never setting the default in the first place. You should be getting a notification when you try that you have to do it manually.

Mystere, Jun 16, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    As said above. Setting the default within Firefox won't do it. You need to go to control panel->Default Programs and explicitly set FF to be the default browser.

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox on build 10130

1. Firefox on build 10130 - Similar Threads - Firefox build 10130

2. build 10130 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    build 10130 product key: I installed this version of win 10.... build 10130 and going through the settings I see that it is not activated. Seems it needs a product key.. Does it actually need one? If so, where do i get it? Thanks for all the information. *Wink Now I remember where it came...
  3. WIndows 10 Feedback on build 10130 will not start

WIndows 10 Feedback on build 10130 will not start: I have build 130 working well, but the windows feedback system wil not start, it just gives me the blank window with the default "To use windows feedback, you must be registered with the Windows insider program..." line. Any suggestions to correct this issue? 6844
  4. Need help updating from build 10130

Need help updating from build 10130: Hello ! I've been trying to update from this build in the past week, but without any luck. No matter what I did, it just didn't give me that update. I used to be on the slow route, didn't receive it, I switched to then fast route, I didn't receive it. Given that those...
  5. Live weather title not working in 10130 build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live weather title not working in 10130 build: Live weather title not working in 10130 build When open up the start menu like this, it doesn't change keeps what is shown. It just keep saying weather. If you click on it, it open up the weather app it does ok. Anytime I opened the start in the past, it keep that weather...
  6. Build 10130 killed my sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Build 10130 killed my sound: Immediately after installing 10130, no sound will play on any application through speakers or headphones. Sounds worked fine on 10094. Device Manager says my VIA HD Audio (compatible) is working fine. When I go into Audio properties and try to configure speakers, it says...
  7. Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130: Hello everyone. I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests...
  8. weird internet access problems - build 10130

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    weird internet access problems - build 10130: hi all, i moved from win 7 to win 10, build 10130 today. at first it didn't give me any kind of internet access, not through wifi, not through ethernet (phone usb threading) searched the net and found a solution, through command prompt after that, i have internet...
  9. Unable to find build 10130

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find build 10130: I downloaded and installed Tech Preview 10130, upgrading from 10074. Today I had to revert back to 10130 because of an issue with iTunes. I solved the issue and now I want to re-upgrade to 10130 again. When I go into Windows Updates though, it tells me that there are no...
  10. W10 Build 10130 installation error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Build 10130 installation error.: I've been trying to install 10130 from an ISO and something is getting in my way. For the x64 version : The loading screen with the Windows logo pops up, it dosen't even show the loading circle and then it restarts after some time. For the x32 version : The loading...