Windows 10: Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps

Discus and support Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, everyone. We just had new Windows 10 machines installed at work. (Dell Optiplex 3040) Our old PC's were Windows 7 and I always used Firefox as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by meowcat, Sep 30, 2019.

1. meowcat Win User

Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps

Hi, everyone.
    We just had new Windows 10 machines installed at work. (Dell Optiplex 3040)
    Our old PC's were Windows 7 and I always used Firefox as my browser. Never had any issues on W7.
    The new PC, however, is opening Firefox to http://hp.hfindingformspro, every night while the PC sleeps. Every morning when I come into work and wake my PC, Firefox has opened to that website. MSN has always been my homepage. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

:)

meowcat, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

I want to allow Chrome or Firefox to use my mic and camera on certain websites

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to make Firefox as the default web browser and check it the issue persist.

Follow the steps below.

• Open Control panel.
    • Select Default Programs.
    • Click on Firefox and set that application as Default.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Missing Firefox shortcut from All Apps menu

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Press Windows + R keys to open run window

• Type Firefox to launch firefox

If it launches, you may try to create a shortcut of it by following the steps below:

• Windows + E keys to open Windows explorer

• Select this pc and select C: drive

• Open Program files and right click on firefox and click on Shortcut on desktop.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Castiel Win User

Tabs open on Starup-Firefox?

I was wondering is there a way where when I start up Firefox multiple tabs open with web pages loading? Like when I open up Firefox 4 tabs start up and they are different websites loading?

Thanks*Toast :toast:

Castiel, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps - Similar Threads - Firefox Opening Web

2. Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps: Hi, everyone. We just had new Windows 10 machines installed at work. (Dell Optiplex 3040) Our old PC's were Windows 7 and I always used Firefox as my browser. Never had any issues on W7. The new PC, however, is opening Firefox to http://hp.hfindingformspro, every night...
  3. Access to a web site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to a web site: Why can I not access www.Canada.ca. with this computer. I have used it many times. I can reach it with other devices. How do I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-a-web-site/ebfe7691-2881-47c2-9e9f-7b910fa4b115
  4. error while opening mozilla firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error while opening mozilla firefox: while I am opening mozilla firefox,one error dialogue box get opened, which says that platform version is not compatible with the min version & max version. what should I do to resolve this problem? my platform version is 35.0.1 min version is 36.0.1 & max version is...
  5. web site secure

in Windows 10 Customization
    web site secure: Hello, Across the top where the web address is I see site not secure, It happens on outlook.com and several others. Any suggestions or help as to why this happens? Thank you...
  6. Can not log into web sites while in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Can not log into web sites while in Microsoft Edge: When I enter the username and password the log in won't go through. I don't get an error message that the login failed, it just goes back to the page as if the login didn't happen. This is happening for all the web sites I have tried. When I use Firefox I can log on just...
  7. Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site

in Browsers and Email
    Google won't open on Firefox -- insecure site: My son's laptop has Windows 10 as its OS, the latest version of Firefox, no antivirus (just Windows Defender). When he tries to open Google, a message comes up that the site is insecure, and there is no possibility to add a certificate. Does anyone know how to get around...
  8. Web Site & Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Web Site & Chrome: This is an image of a draft web site page (index.html) online via Chrome. Problem is the table is central not to the left and it wont go to where it actually is. I tried it in Edge, its was perfect, I tried it in IE, it was perfect, so why is Chrome showing it off to the...
  9. no web site notification

in Browsers and Email
    no web site notification: Since about a month ago I stopped receiving notifications from a particular web site that sends them daily. There's no problem receiving notifications from other sites such as Facebook. I am using Chrome so I have been tweaking its notifications in setting, until I tried...
  10. Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox: Never have I had a problem with Windows 7 but now I've got a new computer and Windows 10. I'm using Firefox ESR 45.6.0 and Pale Moon Version: 27.0.3 (x64). I connect all the time to NZBIndex - We index, you search. The first connection to the site leaves many settings to be...