Windows 10: Firefox opens MSN randomly

Discus and support Firefox opens MSN randomly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have firefox as my default browser, and have never used MSN. Randomly, however, firefox opens a new tab with MSN. This can be quite annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TazerXI, Aug 8, 2020.

1. TazerXI Win User

Firefox opens MSN randomly

Hi, I have firefox as my default browser, and have never used MSN. Randomly, however, firefox opens a new tab with MSN. This can be quite annoying after a while. Does anybody know what is going on? I have looked and seen other threads of people having similar issues, but none have a direct fix for it. Thanks to anyone who answers in advance.

:)

TazerXI, Aug 8, 2020

2. Browser opens in MSN (Firefox)

Then, to recap, when Firefox opens

[1] one tab is MSN and one tab is the ISP homepage?

Or

[2] One instance of Firefox opens to the homepage and another instance of Firefox opens to MSN?

Have you checked Firefox add-ons to see if there's a MSN add-on?

Have you checked the Firefox home page(s)?

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 8, 2020
  3. ghost1982 Win User
    Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself randomly

I said whatever is set as my default browser firefox edge chrome etc randomly opens with no user interaction to MSN, my homepage in all of them is google, MSN never sets itself as my homepage. Why is my default browser randomly opening to MSN all by itself?
    This has absolutely nothing to do with what is set as my homepage nor which browser I am using (MSN isn't a browser who said it was). There is a registry hack that fixes the issue but I'm trying to find out which windows component is causing it as I'd rather
    not hack the registry.

ghost1982, Aug 8, 2020
  4. ghost1982 Win User

Web browser keeps opening to msn by itself randomly

Hi as previously stated this issue is not isolated to firefox it occurs with edge as well if it is set to the default browser. It does not matter what I use as a default browser this issue of randomly opening to msn occurs. A little help please.

ghost1982, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Firefox opens MSN randomly - Similar Threads - Firefox opens MSN

2. Cannot open tabs on msn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open tabs on msn: Cannot open tabs on msn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-tabs-on-msn/1236f923-becb-43af-ae4c-99be7888ce88
  3. Cannot open tabs on msn

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open tabs on msn: Cannot open tabs on msn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-tabs-on-msn/1236f923-becb-43af-ae4c-99be7888ce88
  4. MSN OPENS AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSN OPENS AUTOMATICALLY: Hi , When I open my pc and connect to my internet MSN news open automatically sometime not every time approximately 5 days in a week. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-opens-automatically/d35ae572-0553-4629-b86c-942f6e3a3e14
  5. MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser: I read through a few suggestions on this matter and Stitches was the one that helped. Mine happened when i powered of my router, waited a minute and then repowered it, after 5 mins of sorting itself out, everything went back online and my PC opened chrome to MSN, my partner...
  6. Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome: Greetings, I started having this problem around the time I installed the Windows 10 Home 1909 version, build 18363.535. Web browser tabs are opening without user input. e.g. if I'm working in Firefox, the tab I am in will open my home page. Seemingly, in Edge, a new...
  7. Firefox Will Not Open

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox Will Not Open: I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-will-not-open/2509c43c-d674-4629-a4a2-f5c304d7d551"
  8. Firefox downloading, but not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox downloading, but not opening: *Banghead Hi all. I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening. i have just completed my 15th download of Firefox with the same problem still recurring. It downloads, however, it refuses to open. I have always removed everything...
  9. Firefox And Opening Screen ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox And Opening Screen ?: Hello, Have made Firefox my default Browser. New user to W10. Would like Firefox to open up (full screen) as soon as I log in to W10, and not just have that very pretty flower background show. How do I do this please ? Thanks, Bob 30552
  10. MSN opens when not online

in Browsers and Email
    MSN opens when not online: I often fire up my laptop where there is no wireless. If I then open Chrome my default home page does not open but instead MSN home page opens. How do I prevent this? 88105

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox randomly opening msn

2. firefox randomly opens msn