Windows 10: Firefox Private Network Install Issue

Discus and support Firefox Private Network Install Issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, I was having an issue with getting the firefox browser to install..I discovered the reason why was due to a conflict with the AdGuard ad... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Davy49, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Davy49 Win User

Firefox Private Network Install Issue

Hi All,
    I was having an issue with getting the firefox browser to install..I discovered the reason why was due to a conflict with the AdGuard ad blocking software installed on my system. This morning I decided to try and install firefox again, this time I received a prompt from adguard stating that a certification needed to be reapplied..and did I want to do so. After doing that firefox is working normally, now I'm trying to get this : Firefox Private Network
    installed, so far I haven't been able to do so . I'm receiving a connection error message. I'm enclosed a image of the message, I've tried everything I know to try on my end..such as making sure firefox is on the list of 'approved' site's in the windows defender firewall area. I've also posted a message the firefox private network support help site. Maybe some kind soul will have a workable solution for me.
    Thanks,
    David
    Firefox Private Network Install Issue [​IMG]

:)

Davy49, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Davy49 Win User

Hi All,
    I was having an issue with getting the firefox browser to install..I discovered the reason why was due to a conflict with the AdGuard ad blocking software installed on my system. This morning I decided to try and install firefox again, this time I received a prompt from adguard stating that a certification needed to be reapplied..and did I want to do so. After doing that firefox is working normally, now I'm trying to get this : Firefox Private Network
    installed, so far I haven't been able to do so . I'm receiving a connection error message. I'm enclosed a image of the message, I've tried everything I know to try on my end..such as making sure firefox is on the list of 'approved' site's in the windows defender firewall area. I've also posted a message the firefox private network support help site. Maybe some kind soul will have a workable solution for me.
    Thanks,
    David
    Firefox Private Network Install Issue [​IMG]

Davy49, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Davy49 Win User

Hi Samuria,
    I'll try and obtain a 'readable' image..sorry about that.
    David *Huh

Update: I found out what my problem was..it had something to do with the ad blocking software I'm using AdGuard.
    Once I disabled it I was able to firefox private network like I wanted to. Yeah !!!
    David *Smile

Davy49, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Firefox Private Network Install Issue

Error: "Can create home group in private network only" - the wireless network is private though

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connecting to HomeGroup network with error: Can create home group in private network only, we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that this issue might have occurred due to settings in the Network type on Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the network type on Windows 10, try the below:

Right click on the Network icon in the System tray
    and click on Open Network and Sharing Center.

Here you will see the network you are connected to and what type of network Windows 10 has identified it as. (Private/ Public).

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to change the network type to Private if it is not and check if it helps.

• Log-in as an Administrator, on the desktop, click on the Network system icon in the taskbar notification area.
    • Right click on your network connection and click on
      Turn sharing on or off
    • Click on Yes, turn on sharing and connect to devices.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt and check if it helps.

For reference: HomeGroup problems in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Firefox Private Network Install Issue - Similar Threads - Firefox Private Network

2. Private network security

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Private network security: I recently did a clean install of 19042 on an old laptop to clean out years of leftover garbage, but getting it tied back into my private home network was a problem. Only 1 of the other 4 systems on the network could access drives on the laptop. I consistently got the "You do...
  3. Private network conundrum

Private network conundrum: I have 4 computers on a Windows 10 private network. Let's refer to them as A,B,C and D where D is the culprit a laptop in this case. Computers A,B and C can all see each on the network. Computer A can see D but B and C cannot see D. I have updated Windows on D to the...
  4. joining a private network

joining a private network: I am running Windows 10. We have a private network that worked fine until Nov 2nd. I started not getting email to download to Outlook. I called my ISP to find out what the problem was. It turns out that I am not on the private network therefore the emails cannot get to...
  5. Public or Private Network

Public or Private Network: Hello, May I ask: Should a home PC user select (from their network properties) the Public or Private Network Option? I don't want my PC to be viewed or discoverable by any neighbors in the WiFi Network. I will not be file sharing. Just simply want security. Thanks...
  6. Firefox Test Pilot Program Returns with Firefox Private Network Beta

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Test Pilot Program Returns with Firefox Private Network Beta: Like a cat, the Test Pilot program has had many lives. It originally started as an Add-on before we relaunched it three years ago. Then in January, we announced that we were evolving our culture of experimentation, and as a result we closed the Test Pilot program to give us...
  7. private network setting

private network setting: i can not open but i see my private folder on my network (i can open public folder only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/private-network-setting/8690d8e2-4dad-4da2-be83-4f06942f6eab
  8. Private Network

Private Network: Can I still browse the internet if I set my network status to Private? It is currently on Public. I have a second PC that I want to be able to share files and devices. I am assuming is that sharing on public network is more problematic from a security point of view...
  9. ethernet private network

ethernet private network: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] What happen? เกิดอะไรขึ้น เราควรแก้ไขยั https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-private-network/2a07eab8-c986-44af-8ddc-4f3739420e53
  10. Virtual Private Network

Virtual Private Network: Hi, Is there a way to determine if I have a VPN installed. I did not install one. Yet, I see these switches on: Settings > Network and internet > VPN Allow VPN connections over metered networks - on Allow VPN to connect while Roaming. - on I don't see any VPN...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firefox private network