Windows 10: Firefox Profile files and folders explained

Discus and support Firefox Profile files and folders explained in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]One of our readers suggested us to come up with a follow-up article on how to find the Firefox Profile, describing some of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 18, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Firefox Profile files and folders explained

Firefox Profile files and folders explained Firefox-files-100x100.png
    Firefox Profile files and folders explained Firefox-files-150x90.png One of our readers suggested us to come up with a follow-up article on how to find the Firefox Profile, describing some of the folders/files in the Firefox Profile folder on Windows PC. Particularly, the ones required for an easy reinstall [...]

This post Firefox Profile files and folders explained is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Jan 18, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

I need help on how to transfer Firefox cookies to another OS

Cookies are stored in the cookies.sqlite file in the Firefox profile folder.

You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:

• Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder

slozomby, Jan 18, 2019
  3. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:Firefox Profile files and folders explained :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Firefox Profile files and folders explained

Where do I find my cookies folder?

Cookies, History, Passwords

Firefox stores your cookies in the automatically generated file cookies.txt under your specific Profile folder; your viewing history is saved in the file history.dat; and your saved login and passwords are kept in the file signons.txt file in the same folder. You can view the contents of all of these files using a text editor like Windows Notepad, however most of the contents will not make much sense. Username and passwords in the signons.txt file for example are encrypted for security purposes. If you want to back these up, I strongly suggest backing up your entire profiles folder, rather than these individual elements, as there are several other files which are required to make a profile function correctly.

If you simply want to import cookies, history or username/passwords from Internet Explorer at any time, you can once again use the Import option under the File menu in Firefox.

HookeyStreet, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Firefox Profile files and folders explained

1. Firefox Profile files and folders explained - Similar Threads - Firefox Profile files

2. Anyone care to explain the MSIXVC folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone care to explain the MSIXVC folder?: Is it safe to delete this file or the whole folder? It's not bothering me that much cauz I got more than 800gb free but am curious what's making it so large...
  3. Anyone care to explain the MSIXVC folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone care to explain the MSIXVC folder?: Is it safe to delete this file or the whole folder? It's not bothering me that much cauz I got more than 800gb free but am curious what's making it so large...
  4. Redirected profile folders and Off-Line Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Redirected profile folders and Off-Line Files: Hi Folks,I have "Re-directed Profile Folders" as a domain policy, and "Off-line Files" as a portable computer policy. If I have a QuickBooks data file in "My Documents", QuickBooks fails to open the file, searches for a reason, and ultimately reports that the reason is...
  5. Problems adding files to Firefox folders

in Browsers and Email
    Problems adding files to Firefox folders: I recently made MS Edge my default browser due to multiple problems w/Firefox. I've added new files since this occurred but for the last couple of days I haven't been able to add files (websites, etc.) to my Firefox folders. It seems to me that I would click on the star and...
  6. Put files in firefox folders in abc order

in Browsers and Email
    Put files in firefox folders in abc order: With the help of someone on this forum, I finally got all my folders in alphabetical order, now for the files. I know that you can click on "sort by name" and the files will be in alphabetical order, but is there a way to keep them in order? It seems to me that on my desktop...
  7. Firefox folders question

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox folders question: [img] I was rearranging my folders in Firefox and, as you can see from the snip, my "Vendors" folder became a sub-folder of "Medical". Does anyone know how I can fix this so that all folders are separate. I would also like to arrange them in ABC order if possible. Thanks....
  8. cannot restore old firefox profile

in Browsers and Email
    cannot restore old firefox profile: I realise this post is not exclusively related to Windows 10, but someone out there may be able to help me. I carelessly ended up with a virus today and it played havoc with my Firefox browser. Fortunately a couple of weeks ago I had saved a copy of my Firefox profile...
  9. Unknown Firefox Profiles

in Browsers and Email
    Unknown Firefox Profiles: With Bree and Edwin's help I finally got into the FF Profile Manager and it showed just one profile named default. I then looked at my FF profile and found four profiles whose names all ended in 'default. How can I determine which is the 'active' onel Can I get rid of the...
  10. Deleting TMP Files In System profile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting TMP Files In System profile folder: I would like to know if TMP files in System Profile folder can safely be deleted ? Actual location..C:/ Users/Windows/System32/Config/Systemprofile.. I have about 10,000 or so ! Thank you 76758