Windows 10: Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition

Discus and support Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Engines are important, both in cars and in browsers. That’s why we’re so revved up this morning – we’re releasing the Beta of a whole new Firefox, one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition

Source: Start Your Engines - Firefox Quantum Lands in Beta, Developer Edition - The Mozilla Blog

:)

Brink, Sep 25, 2017

2. Firefox replaced by Firefox Quantum

> This is a virus, called 'Quantum'

firefox quantum - Recherche Google

> I can't seem to uninstall this 'Quantum' Firefox, and when I try to install the real Firefox, my computer doesn't seem to recognise the exe file extensions

Firefox Support

Firefox Help

Don

Don Varnau, Sep 25, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    Which browser is best for Lumia 520; Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc.?

Mozilla Firefox was developed to the beta stage and pulled in March of this year, low user adoption. No longer in the store.

garym123, Sep 25, 2017
  4. Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition

Thanks Shawn, I am using it and it works just fine.*Smile

Josey Wales, Sep 25, 2017
  5. Ghost82 Win User
    Looks really promosing but as long as it will be officially released in november, I'll wait 'til then *Smile

I've been using Firefox, non stop since its beginning in Windows.

Ghost82, Sep 25, 2017
  6. Phone Man Win User
    I was having issues with FF 56 release so I went to 57.0b6 and it recently auto updated to 57.0b7 and today it updated to 57.0b8 and I really like it. It does seem a lot faster and is very stable.

Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition [​IMG]

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Oct 12, 2017
  7. DooGie Win User
    I agree Phone Man. FF version 57 beta7 running really well on my machine *Smile

I just wish that all the extension devs would get up to speed.

DooGie, Oct 12, 2017
  8. clam1952 Win User

Been using it for a week or so, no problems, definitely a move in the right direction regarding performance.

clam1952, Oct 12, 2017
  9. reddice Win User
    Firefox 57 beta has been very stable. Actually more stable then so called final versions.

reddice, Oct 12, 2017
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    Just got it and love it so far.

BunnyJ, Oct 14, 2017
  11. So quantum is related tot the Beta version? Nightly is still before Quantum, right?

doriandiaconu, Oct 14, 2017
  12. reddice Win User
    Really Firefox 57 is more or less ready for release. I think now they are just tweaking the UI changing or updating icons and settings etc.

reddice, Oct 14, 2017
  13. DooGie Win User

Version 57 beta is Firefox Quantum. Nightly is a further development.

DooGie, Oct 14, 2017
  14. I downloaded 57.0b8 earlier this afternoon to try it out. It appears to be faster and more stable than the 56.0.1 I had been using.

I also like the graphics and layout of the window as well.

So far, so good! I'm staying on board with Quantum

Everybody have a great day! *Smile

robbie2745, Oct 14, 2017
  15. Debbie Win User
    I like this Quantum but I miss the add-to-bookmarks star button not being right beside the button for the drop-down bookmarks menu. But I'll get used to it eventually.

Debbie, Oct 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition - Similar Threads - Firefox Quantum available

2. problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum

in Browsers and Email
    problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  3. Firefox Quantum for Enterprise now available

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Quantum for Enterprise now available: Fast, lightweight, secure and easily configurable, Firefox Quantum for Enterprise should be your go-to for business browsing. [img] Browsers are key to how everyone in your company works, but how often do you think about them? A memory-hungry browser can slow your systems...
  4. Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum vs. Edge: Theoretically or actually, would moving from the ease and simplicity of MS Edge to the new Firefox Quantum be of great benefit to a everyday, non power user? 98655
  5. Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox/Quantum Icon size changer: I use mainly Cyberfox / sometimes Firefox Quantum and would like to know is there a way to change the size of icons in menu bar...as they are small due my not so good vision. I have tried various customising Firefox add ons but without success as some extensions don't work...
  6. Firefox Quantum Question

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum Question: I've been trying out the new Firefox browser (version 58), and so far, like it. My question is: when running the browser in private window mode, is that the same security as using a VPN? The reason I ask is because my current VPN service expires in a couple of months, and may...
  7. Firefox Quantum suspicious activity

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum suspicious activity: Hi. My Firefox browser auto-updated to quantum last night. I am willing to give it a try, even thought it doesn't support the addons I use. My issue is that every time I run FQ my internet security software (ESET) notifies me multiple times about two addresses its blocking....
  8. Early Returns on Firefox Quantum Point to Growth

in Windows 10 News
    Early Returns on Firefox Quantum Point to Growth: When we set out to launch Firefox Quantum earlier this year, we knew we had a hugely improved product. It not only felt faster — with a look and feel that tested off the charts — it was measurably faster. Thanks to multiple changes under the hood, we doubled Firefox’s speed...
  9. Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum: It’s fast. Really fast. Firefox Quantum is over twice as fast as Firefox from 6 months ago, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from our advanced research group, and graced with a beautiful new look designed to get out of the way and...
  10. Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit Developer Edition Launches on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit Developer Edition Launches on Windows: A 64-bit version of Mozilla Firefox is not yet available for end users in stable form, but today the company has updated its Developer Edition lineup with such a version for Windows users. Mozilla Firefox Developer Edition 64-bit can now be downloaded by users of the most...