Windows 10: Firefox Quantum & Opera unresponsive with a few video tabs open

Discus and support Firefox Quantum & Opera unresponsive with a few video tabs open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Well, Just the past few days, actually since the last Win10 update, every time I have multiple windows open with videos my browsers become... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Snick, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Snick Win User

Firefox Quantum & Opera unresponsive with a few video tabs open

Well,

Just the past few days, actually since the last Win10 update, every time I have multiple windows open with videos my browsers become unresponsive. Nothing was changed, added or deleted from my settings on both.

HP P7-1234 Win10 Home
    Opera x64
    Firefox Quantum x64

I never changed the setting on Use Hardware Acceleration when available.

Anyone else having this issue with the above enabled?

:)

Snick, Jul 12, 2020
  2. hellrazor Win User

Firefox to Opera

I switched to Opera after dealing with Firefox constantly stuttering and being laggy, and I have to say I am amazed at Opera so far - everything seems immensely more responsive (I swear it anticipates me middle-clicking on a link and acts before I do), but like all switches there are a few things I would like help on:
    • In Firefox I was able to put the navigation stuff (back, forward, address bar) on the menu bar (file, bookmarks, etc.), and I would really like to do that with Opera (or put stuff on the menu bar on the address bar), how would I do that?
    • I notice that the description on tabs (when you hover over a tab) is animated. I being an avid opponent of animating things for no good reason (a tooltip and/or browser GUI never being a good reason), would like to disable that and any other animations I happen to come across.
    I'm not trying to rant, but those are the things that I'm currently trying to fix, and I'm new to it so I'm not sure where else to look (aside from preferences and appearance).

hellrazor, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Firefox to Opera

Yes it does. The last update fixed the issue I was having with the embedded Netflix player and some playing issues with BlipTV. So its back to being butter.

Since you got the buttons you want, to disable the live view for the open tabs:

right click on the bar where the tabs appear > Customize > Uncheck "Show thumbnails". It will switch to only showing you a written description of the page. Your all set.

Visual reference:
    Firefox Quantum & Opera unresponsive with a few video tabs open How.png

TheLaughingMan, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Castiel Win User

Tabs open on Starup-Firefox?

I was wondering is there a way where when I start up Firefox multiple tabs open with web pages loading? Like when I open up Firefox 4 tabs start up and they are different websites loading?

Thanks*Toast :toast:

Castiel, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Firefox Quantum & Opera unresponsive with a few video tabs open - Similar Threads - Firefox Quantum Opera

2. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera opening thousands of help tabs: Hey so I was just watching YouTube and out of nowhere opera started opening help tabs automatically and they won't stop opening and opens thousands of tabs and my laptop is weak so it's hard to close opera and after when i click on opera gx to open it again it open Microsoft...
  3. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opera opening thousands of help tabs: Hey so I was just watching YouTube and out of nowhere opera started opening help tabs automatically and they won't stop opening and opens thousands of tabs and my laptop is weak so it's hard to close opera and after when i click on opera gx to open it again it open Microsoft...
  4. Opera opening thousands of help tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge: This may not be a Windows 10 problem. I thought some of you might be able to help me get this problem solved. A few Youtube videos, some videos on contest sites I visit, and one on Woodsmith Shops. Most comments that I have gotten asking on another computer help site,...
  6. problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum

in Browsers and Email
    problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  7. Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum vs. Edge: Theoretically or actually, would moving from the ease and simplicity of MS Edge to the new Firefox Quantum be of great benefit to a everyday, non power user? 98655
  8. Firefox Quantum Question

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum Question: I've been trying out the new Firefox browser (version 58), and so far, like it. My question is: when running the browser in private window mode, is that the same security as using a VPN? The reason I ask is because my current VPN service expires in a couple of months, and may...
  9. Firefox Quantum suspicious activity

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum suspicious activity: Hi. My Firefox browser auto-updated to quantum last night. I am willing to give it a try, even thought it doesn't support the addons I use. My issue is that every time I run FQ my internet security software (ESET) notifies me multiple times about two addresses its blocking....
  10. Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum: It’s fast. Really fast. Firefox Quantum is over twice as fast as Firefox from 6 months ago, built on a completely overhauled core engine with brand new technology stolen from our advanced research group, and graced with a beautiful new look designed to get out of the way and...