Windows 10: Firefox rendering of certain Google Maps data now messed up

Discus and support Firefox rendering of certain Google Maps data now messed up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The symptoms below started in the last few days. I've also applied 1511 in the last few days. I can't say for sure whether the effect pre-dates the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by karma mechanic, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Firefox rendering of certain Google Maps data now messed up

The symptoms below started in the last few days. I've also applied 1511 in the last few days. I can't say for sure whether the effect pre-dates the update or not since I hadn't used Maps much around that time.

Firefox 42.0 now shows the traffic overlay as broken pieces, and for certain broken lines like tunnels and railways it shows junk. This effect is worse with vertically-oriented lines, horizontal ones can look ok.

The image shows Edge on the left and Firefox on the right, showing the same area of Heathrow airport.

Firefox rendering of certain Google Maps data now messed up [​IMG]

Of course this may be due to something else, but I've tried two versions of the graphic drivers (Intel 4600) with no change. I've also flushed the FF cache. Before I start changing everything I wondered if anyone else had seen something similar.

:)

karma mechanic, Dec 12, 2015

2. E71 GPS Connection issues

My e71 has been really slow to connect lately also. However, its happened like 4 times before. Each time it happens i do a soft reset (*#7780#) and it fixes it (connecting to GPS in about 15-20 seconds) but i'm pretty certain now that google maps is what
    messes up for me because after i install google maps it ends up taking several minutes in other gps enabled programs (nokia maps, sportstracker, location tagger) to get a gps lock. Sometimes, the only way for me to get a gps lock in a decent amount of time
    in programs other than google maps is to open google maps, let it find a lock there, then open another app (such as nokia maps) then let it lock on and then i can close google maps without it losing its lock. I hope this helps.

©3$@L™

b1ackplague---01, Dec 12, 2015
  3. New Plugin for Firefox- Maps Blank

I just went to maps.ovi.com and got offered a new plugin for Firefox. It seemed to install OK and now the website - which used to take about 5 mins to startup for me - starts up in seconds. Almost as fast as Google maps!

SNAG - the map area is blank. I can't see any maps!

Is it just me?

hal100---01, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

Firefox rendering of certain Google Maps data now messed up

There may be a conflict between Google Maps and Firefox that doesn't involve Windows. When I use Firefox 42 in Linux and access Google Maps, Firefox crashes. Other people are also having problems using Google Maps with Firefox according to internet searches.

Antilope, Dec 14, 2015
  5. Further info: if I start FF in FF Safe Mode (i.e. shift and double click) it renders fine. However, in Safe Mode it shows the older representation, with 'Satellite' in the bottom left. In normal mode where it has the problem it shows 'Earth' at the bottom left so it would appear that the two modes are different anyway.

Over in the Google Maps group it would appear that somebody with Chrome is getting a very similar problem, so it may be Maps that is at fault here. Or Windows, or the graphic drivers, or something *Smile

karma mechanic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox rendering of certain Google Maps data now messed up

1. Firefox rendering of certain Google Maps data now messed up - Similar Threads - Firefox rendering certain

2. Google messed up since Windows updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google messed up since Windows updates: Since my laptop installed a whole host of windows updates, it has been a nightmare using Google programs. When trying to open, they regularly say they can't connect. After un-installing Chrome and re-installing, I now can't log-in to Google. I can type in my email address,...
  3. Microphone is messed up now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone is messed up now: I was trying to fix my mic to play phasmophobia with a friend and in the process I set all my settings to default and now I am very quiet to my friends on discord and my audio sounds extremely weird and I can now hear background noises where I couldn't before. Can someone...
  4. Google Maps now shows COVID-19 info

in Windows 10 News
    Google Maps now shows COVID-19 info: [ATTACH] More than one billion people turn to Google Maps for essential information about how to get from place to place - especially during the pandemic when safety concerns are top of mind. Features like popular times and live busyness, COVID-19 alerts in transit, and...
  5. Signing into Google in Firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Signing into Google in Firefox: I'm currently on Windows 10. When I sign into Google in Firefox, close the Firefox application and open it up again it doesn't remember that I signed into Google. How do I set Firefox so that I stay signed into Google. submitted by /u/Maximus34672 [link] [comments]...
  6. Poor Rendering in Google Maps - Satellite view in all browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Poor Rendering in Google Maps - Satellite view in all browsers: hi guys, i cant get Google Maps Satellite view to render properly. i have tried different browsers but they all show poor rendering - as per the attached screen print. street view is okay, just not satellite view. i have also provided my PCs specs for your perusal. thanks...
  7. Poor Rendering in Google Maps - Satellite view in all browsers

in Windows 10 Support
    Poor Rendering in Google Maps - Satellite view in all browsers: hi guys, i cant get Google Maps Satellite view to render properly. i have tried different browsers but they all show poor rendering - as per the attached screen print. street view is okay, just not satellite view. i have also provided my PCs specs for your perusal. thanks...
  8. Firefox has terrible font rendering

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox has terrible font rendering: Hi. I'm using Firefox 43 (just upgraded from 42) and the fonts are terrible. Already disabled hardware acceleration, Direct2D (as suggested here)and nothing helps. [img] 34081
  9. Google Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Maps: Trying to use google maps and map details are 'blacking out' - the screen is still on as are some buttons but the map vanishes. Is this happening to anyone else. 15576
  10. Messed up hexadecimal value of a certain registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up hexadecimal value of a certain registry: Yesterday, i made a foolish mistake of messing with my registry. Now i usually know my way around the registry, but that's not the problem. The problem is that i messed up the hexadecimal value of the mouse setting, specifically the 'Smoothmousexcurve' and...