Windows 10: Firefox Search shortcuts rolling out for Searching Made Faster

Discus and support Firefox Search shortcuts rolling out for Searching Made Faster in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Search is one of the most common activities that people do whenever they go online. At Mozilla, we are always looking for ways to streamline that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Firefox Search shortcuts rolling out for Searching Made Faster

Source: Searching Made Faster, the Latest Firefox Exploration - Future Releases

Firefox Search shortcuts rolling out for Searching Made Faster [​IMG]
    Tip Latest Firefox Released for Windows

:)

Brink, Oct 18, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Oct 18, 2018
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Firefox Search Box Text

In previous versions of Firefox, I was able to find the option to disable the browser from showing previously entered text into a search or text box. For example, the User Name box on this forum, I type "O" and OrbitzXT pops up. Other text in other search boxes has been popping up as well. I am using Firefox 3.6, I've tried clearing histories and such and it still remembers text in the boxes. Any ideas how to disable this? I don't see any such option in Tools -> Options.

OrbitzXT, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Search Question

I've done some searching on here over the years, and mostly been aggravated at the results. Case in point: 5 minutes ago I went to search for anyone having issues with 5.1 audio on Wolfenstein new order. So, I started simple with
    New Order
    . that didn't go well. So, I swapped to "New Order". That gave me this result

Search Results for Query: "new order"
    • The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: new
    Is there any way to change or improve our search engine? Or is there a better way to search for something like that?

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox Search shortcuts rolling out for Searching Made Faster - Similar Threads - Firefox Search shortcuts

2. Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10: Improving your search experience We’re rolling out a change to display some of your recent searches when you open Windows Search Box, to make them easy to get back to. This change is rolling out server-side to everyone on version 1809 and higher: The recent...
  3. Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches

in Windows 10 News
    Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches: Everything Search is without doubt one of the fastest search tools that is available for the Windows operating system. It is a lot faster than the built-in Windows Search tool as it returns results nearly instantly, and supports lots of customization options to optimize...
  4. Starting to roll out dark theme support for Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Starting to roll out dark theme support for Search: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jenmsft [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iu1ula/starting_to_roll_out_dark_theme_support_for_search/
  5. Firefox search function

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox search function: I have my firefox homepage set up with the address bar etc across the top, bookmarks bar on the second line then nothing on the lower screen except the firefox name and emblem with my google search box under that. The only issue I have not been able to remedy is when I open...
  6. Firefox Bookmark Search

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmark Search: When I open up the bookmark manager, and do a search, how can I tell which folder the bookmark is in? 157783
  7. Can File Explorer be made to search 'via/within' a shortcut?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can File Explorer be made to search 'via/within' a shortcut?: Hi I have a question please. Can File Explorer be made to search 'via/within' a shortcut? ie like we have Search in all Sub-folders, do we have Search in all Shortcuts? Eg: - I have a folder called Folder_A which contains only one thing; a shortcut to a different folder...
  8. Search made easy

in Cortana
    Search made easy: Many know the following, already, but... might be some who do not, yet. Sure, there are search boxes all over the place; taskbar Search box, address bars, Bing bar, Cortana & more. Obviously, type in & hit Enter & that's cool. "There must be a better way" (wink)... Well,...
  9. Searching For Shortcuts

in Cortana
    Searching For Shortcuts: On our network drive, users have created shortcuts that are no longer valid since we migrated to a new server. Is there a way to use Windows Search to search the hard drive for shortcuts?...
  10. Google rolling out redesigned News tab in Search on desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Google rolling out redesigned News tab in Search on desktop: Over the next couple weeks we’re rolling out a redesigned News tab in Search on desktop. The refreshed design makes publisher names more prominent and organizes articles more clearly to help you find the news you need. Check it out: Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on...