Windows 10: Firefox showing incorrect default home page on hosted domain --

Discus and support Firefox showing incorrect default home page on hosted domain -- in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi folks I had a really annoying problem on Firefox but eventually easily solved -- on a hosting server I was getting the Hosting services "Parking"... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Feb 10, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Firefox showing incorrect default home page on hosted domain --

Hi folks

I had a really annoying problem on Firefox but eventually easily solved -- on a hosting server I was getting the Hosting services "Parking" or sales page showing whenever I typed my domains default page instead of (currently) just a blank page -- the Hosting DNS's were all working correctly and the SOA / ttl records set just fine so no problem with Host DNS's.

On 5 other computers in the network the Blank default page was showing correctly but on the computer where I'm working to create content it always showed the wretched "Parking page" unless I followed the domain name with /index.html

The stupid reason was that firefox reserves around 350mb as cache by default for its web content -- this needs to be cleared -- not sure why it's not automatically clearing after the time expiration but it was a really irritating problem and so simply fixed once you knew where to look -- nothing actually to do with clearing DNS caches etc

You need to go into Settings --->preferences--->advanced and manually clear cached web content. You need to do this if you are making changes to the web content on your site frequently.

I know I should test the web on a local computer first but I wanted to ensure all the network pieces were working correctly so later if something wasn't working I'd know it was web content rather than the Network infrastructure.

Firefox showing incorrect default home page on hosted domain -- [​IMG]

Simple once you know - but it was annoying while it lasted since Edge / IE11 and Chrome all showed correct home page -- but firefox kept coming up with the initial hosting servers "parking" or "sales" page instead of mine !!!!

Anyway hoping this little tidbit will help other people experiencing this type of problem.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 10, 2017
  2. d99156655 Win User

Firefox opens on boot up to MSN Home Page. Browser shouldn't start on boot up - need help.

Since about a week ago my computer has been opening msn.com on Firefox whenever I boot it up. Before this started happening Firefox did not start on boot up.

I am running Windows 10 Home.

FireFox is my default browser, with Google as my Home Page, and set to 'Show my Home Page' on startup.

I have found 2 Startup directories. One is empty, the other has only 'Adobe Gamma Loader'

Startup tab in Task Manager has a list of 18 items, none of which look relevant to me.

d99156655, Feb 10, 2017
  3. proxy problem in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

Are you on a domain network?

You cannot connect to Internet using proxy server on Microsoft Edge. Check if the issue persists when you use Internet Explorer.

Since this is an issue with Firefox, I would suggest that you contact Mozilla for help on this one.

Firefox Support Home Page | Firefox Help

Anish A Kumar, Feb 10, 2017
  4. Firefox showing incorrect default home page on hosted domain --

Add-ons for Firefox : Enter cache in the search box, perhaps one of the extensions will help you.

Not Myself, Feb 10, 2017
Thema:

Firefox showing incorrect default home page on hosted domain --

1. Firefox showing incorrect default home page on hosted domain -- - Similar Threads - Firefox showing incorrect

2. Domain host file problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain host file problem: Why does this simple Domain Host File not work!?! I only added 6 lines at the bottom so my browser goes to my router instead of the real website. All of these work EXCEPT for the last one. When I type homenas.com, it takes me to a weird site. Why? Please tell me why I am...
  3. Domain host file problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Domain host file problem: I'm wondering why my domain host file doesn't work with one of the lines I added. I recently read that you can change a file called the Domain Host File and the computer instead of listening to the DNS server, will go to the IP address that you state. I tried this and it...
  4. Hosts File Not Working Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Hosts File Not Working Firefox: Hello again, My hosts file will only block sites in Edge, not in Firefox. Can't be right. Any ideas ? Windows 10 1909 Regards 159949
  5. change default home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    change default home page: How do I set my default home page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-default-home-page/db1f2a28-b067-436f-b75d-fc31362d9604
  6. Keeps defaulting to google home page

Keeps defaulting to google home page: I have windows 10 pro set internet explorer 11 home page as a msn one but it keeps going to what looks like a google page?? of some type, I don't know why as chrome is on my computer but not scheduled to start up at computer login. Why is this happening and how can I correct...
  7. Firefox not showing as default browser?

Firefox not showing as default browser?: So....I have tried everything (trust me I really have) and I've searched through numerous forums. This issue is just appallingly bad, and it seems to me that it is a deliberate attempt to force me to use browsers that Microsoft wants me to use...rather than what I CHOOSE....
  8. Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page

in Browsers and Email
    Change Default Weather Location on Edge Home Page: I have Win 10 V.1607. The default weather location on the Edge Home Page is Sidmouth, Devon. I do not live anywhere near there so I don't know how this has happened. If I go to edit on the weather app and change manually to my location and save it will change but if I close...
  9. Home Page Not Used When 'Open Firefox' With Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Home Page Not Used When 'Open Firefox' With Cortana: Firefox 43.0.2 and Win 10 ... when use Cortana and speak 'Open Firefox', Firefox starts but does not open at the defined Home Page ... instead starts at a Google search with a search argument of "Open Firefox". BTW: Firefox is defined to be the default browser and...
  10. Firefox not showing up in default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox not showing up in default apps: I read the blog and it's fix, and I do not know what the guy actually is doing. See: Some firefox problems - Page 22 - Windows 10 Forums