Windows 10: Firefox - Slowest?

Discus and support Firefox - Slowest? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; People praise FF a lot on this forum I have had it as default for a few days and noticed a dramatic downturn in loading times. Even my email which used... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Jun 19, 2021.

1. elbmek Win User

Firefox - Slowest?

People praise FF a lot on this forum I have had it as default for a few days and noticed a dramatic downturn in loading times. Even my email which used to open on the button, is now longer than 5 or more seconds. I open a web site from an mail link and thought the pc was broke, just a white screen, then ater a few more seconds my page began to show up. There are other examples of white screen slow slow starts. Its also failing to save passwords in quite a few cases.

:)

elbmek, Jun 19, 2021

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Firefox - Slowest?

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Firefox - Slowest?

1. Firefox - Slowest? - Similar Threads - Firefox Slowest

2. firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firefox: firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox/0f6bcc1b-51aa-4abe-8c0b-b8e0b1da740e
  3. firefox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    firefox: firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox/0f6bcc1b-51aa-4abe-8c0b-b8e0b1da740e
  4. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file: I was trying to download an executable file from filen.io and when I click download the process happens on the page like as in MEGA download and my IDM didn't overtake it the problem happens halfway through the download Firefox shows a download complete message with zero byte...
  5. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file: I was trying to download an executable file from filen.io and when I click download the process happens on the page like as in MEGA download and my IDM didn't overtake it the problem happens halfway through the download Firefox shows a download complete message with zero byte...
  6. firefox download history shows o byte file while i am downloading a higher size file

7. Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?: I keep getting a volume popup at the bottom of my Firefox pages. It also changes the amount of volume that I've entered.* Moved from Community Center...
  8. Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?

Why do I keep getting a volume popup in Firefox that changes the amount of volume?: I keep getting a volume popup at the bottom of my Firefox pages. It also changes the amount of volume that I've entered.* Moved from Community Center...
  9. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...
  10. When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox,...: When I have a link in one note and click on it it automatically opens the link in firefox, rather than chrome. How do I change this? I can't seem to find where I access default apps. Thank you...