Windows 10: Firefox still has add-on problems

Discus and support Firefox still has add-on problems in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Even with the 66.0.4 "fix," I can't get AdBlock Plus to work properly. When it's supposedly installed, no options are checked and I'm unable to check... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by larc919, May 6, 2019.

1. larc919 Win User

Firefox still has add-on problems

Even with the 66.0.4 "fix," I can't get AdBlock Plus to work properly. When it's supposedly installed, no options are checked and I'm unable to check them or to whitelist sites. There's no icon on the toolbar. When it's uninstalled, sites that don't permit ad blockers are still complaining about it.

:)

larc919, May 6, 2019

2. FireFox

Hi:

In addition to the great advice already offered....

...Most problems with Firefox originate in the user's profile, not in the program itself.

A specific suggestion for the issue you report:

Firefox - Profile in Use

Then, there is a logical sequence for Firefox diagnostics, which (as already suggested) generally starts with Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode):

Firefox - Standard Diagnostic

or
    Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems

Resetting Firefox (as already suggested) is certainly a reasonable option, but there are other, less "destructive" steps one might consider first.
    There are also more drastic steps, such as creating a new profile. This is sometimes the best way to get back up and running, if the existing profile is highly corrupted.

Please let us know if you need more help.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 6, 2019
  3. firefox and IE will cause problems?

could there be any reasonable explanation why firefox and ie would cause problems?

oh, and when the machine crashes it is the blue screen of death and when windows recovers it suggests bios update. this is a machine that hasnt been upgraded driver wise or bios wise, yet they insist it is firefox. give me a break.

Easy Rhino, May 6, 2019
  4. Firefox still has add-on problems

problems with Firefox and Chrome

I am going to start this reply by stating that you are having entirely too many problems with Fx. Unfortunately, I have no single thing that I can suggest, based on the earlier suggestions in this thread, that will fix most, if not all, of those problems, nor do I know of any such item.

For example, you state that Fx is now not as slow as it was previously, but you do not state that it is fast. Of course, without any specifics as to what constitutes `slow' and `fast', it is impossible to determine if what you are now experiencing is reasonable, whatever "reasonable" means. Yes, improvement could very well be due to removal of one or more extensions and/or plugins. Those two things are contained in the word "addons"; extensions, by themselves, are extensions, not addons.

To your latest problem; here is a link to a set of steps to try when settings are not retained; please do not use the first step, called Refresh; that causes many more problems than it cures, is poorly described by Mozilla, and should be avoided:

How to fix preferences that wont save | Firefox Help

Not Myself, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Firefox still has add-on problems

1. Firefox still has add-on problems - Similar Threads - Firefox still has

2. Problems with firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with firefox: I have been using firefox (89.0.2, 90.0.2, 78.12 esr) for a while and I am not satisfy with the way it functions. 1) It use up 60% of cpu resource while surfing and closing (edge and IEuse only less than 10% of cpu resource). 2) Check up task manager, it has about 6 firefox...
  3. Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow: Hello. First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer. I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers. I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the...
  4. Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow: Hello. First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer. I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers. I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the...
  5. Firefox problem

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox problem: When I go to the sign in page in Firefox 80, and click on the sign in button, I then get an endless wheel going round. How do I get past this to sign into my account? Thank you for looking. 165782
  6. Firefox And Add ons

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox And Add ons: I must admit Firefox has improved dramatically in the centuries since I last used it. However, I have installed add on FVD Speed dial (better than Vivaldi or Opera) and after a false start uninstall and reinstall, got it sorted and would like to ask now if: There is any way...
  7. Problem with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Firefox: When I open any website it opens okay then after a few seconds it does this Attachment 247923 After a few more seconds it comes up normal has anyone any idea what is the cause and cure I am on firefox build69 The attachment was loaded as screenshot why has that changed 140788
  8. Firefox Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox Problem: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  9. Firefox has Screenshots

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox has Screenshots: A “screenshot” is created when you capture what’s on your computer screen, so you can save it as a reference, put it in a document, or send it as an image file for others to see exactly what you see. [img] And when it comes to taking screenshots that are fast and...
  10. Firefox Add-ons attacked

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Add-ons attacked: NoScript and other popular Firefox add-ons open millions to new attack | Ars Technica 46530