Windows 10: Firefox... taming the beast part 2 !!

Discus and support Firefox... taming the beast part 2 !! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; First things first... stop Firefox from automatically updating. Simply unzip and drop this "distribution" folder into... C:\Program Files\Mozilla... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ghot, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Ghot Win User

Firefox... taming the beast part 2 !!

First things first... stop Firefox from automatically updating. Simply unzip and drop this "distribution" folder into... C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox After manually updating Firefox this folder will be erased, so save a copy somewhere safe... for re-use. distribution.7z Now... for those who want the yesteryear Firefox or something in between, we have solutions... The first step would be a few about:config edits. toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets = True <--- Tells Firefox to read a file we will add. svg.context-properties.content.enabled = False <---- also needed browser.proton.contextmenus.enabled = False (bookmarks spacing) <---- (might want to play around with this) browser.proton.enabled = True <--- (since FF 91.0) browser.proton.places-tooltip.enabled = False [browser.proton.toolbar.version = 3 browser.aboutwelcome.design = False reader.parse-on-load.enabled = False (removes little blue page icon at right end of address bar) browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.improvesearch.handoffToAwesomebar = False <---- New tab search stays as a search (doesn't redirect to address bar) And these are just old about:config settings, from long before FF 89 Set all to False... browser.shell.checkDefaultBrowser browser.urlbar.openViewOnFocus browser.urlbar.update1 browser.urlbar.update1.interventions browser.urlbar.update1.searchTips browser.urlbar.update1.view.stripHttps Close Firefox and put this Chrome folder (unzipped ofc), in... Chrome.7z <---- v4.0.0 C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxx.default-release Unedited Chrome folder: Releases . Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx . GitHub Then restart Firefox. Any other adjustments to the looks of Firefox were done via Settings or the Customize page.

:)

2. KCR
    KCR Win User

Firefox... taming the beast !

Is it me, or a bad link ?

Firefox... taming the beast part 2 !! [​IMG]

Lol. . . I guess so. . *chuckle

3. KCR
    KCR Win User

Yes, it's bookmarked. . .

Lol, it opens from my bookmark, but not when posted ?

No sweat, so. . .

Carry on. . *Tongue

4. Ghot Win User

Firefox... taming the beast! Post #231

Thema:

1. Firefox... taming the beast part 2 !! - Similar Threads - Firefox taming beast

2. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back UP Part 2: Lets try this again and see if I can get some better advice.Whole 10 System BACK UPCurrent Computer HD Win10 - 300GB HD [250GB in use]Using External 500 2.5 External HDD - partitioned 300/200Purpose a full working back p that can be plugged in to restore the current HD just...
  3. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back UP Part 2: Lets try this again and see if I can get some better advice.Whole 10 System BACK UPCurrent Computer HD Win10 - 300GB HD [250GB in use]Using External 500 2.5 External HDD - partitioned 300/200Purpose a full working back p that can be plugged in to restore the current HD just...
  4. Back UP Part 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Gang beast

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gang beast: in the store i cant download gang beasts i can press install and nothing will happen but any other game i can install ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gang-beast/6e7743aa-d687-4edc-b780-aaa2dd01140f
  6. Firefox... taming the beast !

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox... taming the beast !: I admit it, I resist change, especially in Firefox. So here's my guide to taming the beast that is the new Firefox. First things first... stop Firefox from automatically updating. Simply unzip and drop this "distribution" folder into... C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox After...
  7. Mouse problems part 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse problems part 2: Hi Win10ers... I had a problem with automatic scrolling in certain circumstances. See details here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h89cgp/windows_automatically_scrolling_downwards/ I thought it was fixed, see here:...
  8. Update part 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update part 2: H,I made a post like this before but I felt as if I need to be more specific so here I go. My Windows 10 laptop can not update because there is not enough space on my C: drive. Though I don't really have anything downloaded there, most stuff is on my D: drive. Most stuff...
  9. Reinstalling Windows (part 2)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalling Windows (part 2): The reinstall disk starts installing Windows 10, but keeps crashing midway through. I have a feeling it has to do with the reason I'm reinstalling my Windows, but I'm not sure how to fix it. The reason I'm reinstalling a clean version of Windows is due to random crashing of...
  10. DVD ISSUE PART 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD ISSUE PART 2: I HAVE A LAPTOP DVD PROBLEM THAT THE DVD PLAYS SOME MOVIES AND OTHER MOVIES DON'T IS IT OK TO UNINSTALL THE DRIVER OF THE DVD ? WHAT'S THE solution FOR THAT ?...