Windows 10: Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc

Discus and support Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you are coming from a old pc and need to transfer your old profiles try this. Go to your old pc Press Windows + R to open the run command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timmyriggie, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc

If you are coming from a old pc and need to transfer your old profiles try this.

Go to your old pc

Press Windows + R to open the run command

type%appdata%

Go to the mozilla folder

Click Firefox

and Profiles

Copy the folder(s) if you have more than one folder

Make a folder on the desktop. Paste on Desktop in the folder for example using control v

To add those profiles to a new pc

Paste the profiles you copied from the old pc on a thumb drive/external hard drive

Once that is done

Install firefox as normal

To transfer the new profiles do these steps

There's many different methods but this easier

Press Windows + R to open the run command

Type firefox (or firefox.exe) -p

You see choose user profile

There is a default folder. Leave this be
    Click create profile
    Make a name if you want
    Click choose folder
    There should be the default folder only
    Find the folder you created on the desktop
    And paste it in that folder
    Once complete, you see all data intact. You may have to key in the passwords again on newer firefox.

Hope this helps

If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move

:)

timmyriggie, Dec 30, 2020
  2. CountMike Win User

steps to transfer firefox bookmarks from old hdd to nw windows 10 pc

Can't you just sync it using an Firefox account ?

Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc [​IMG]

CountMike, Dec 30, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    I need help on how to transfer Firefox cookies to another OS

Cookies are stored in the cookies.sqlite file in the Firefox profile folder.

You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:

• Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder

slozomby, Dec 30, 2020
  4. bumgarb42 Win User

Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc

Add-Ons for Firefox crash since update to 80

I left Firefox open over night and attempted to login to LastPass this morning - all the addons crashed. I had Firefox Task Manager open at the time and before attempting the login all addons were in the list and not using very much resources. After attempting login, all of the addons disappeared from the Firefox Task Manager list.

I will try the additional suggestions.

If I want to try a new profile without losing my saved/sync profile (and hopefully with the option of syncing my data back into the new profile) what steps should I take? Or is it just a given that if it is profile corruption, the sync profile is junk...?

Thanks!

bumgarb42, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc

1. Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc - Similar Threads - Firefox Tip transferring

2. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows from old to new PC: I have a self-built Intel Core i3 PC which I built some years ago. It has a copy of W10 Pro on a SATA SSD. I plan to build a new PC with M2 storage. Can I transfer my copy of Windows to the new PC, and if so how?...
  3. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows from old to new PC: I have a self-built Intel Core i3 PC which I built some years ago. It has a copy of W10 Pro on a SATA SSD. I plan to build a new PC with M2 storage. Can I transfer my copy of Windows to the new PC, and if so how?...
  4. Transferring Windows from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. License transfer from old PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License transfer from old PC: Hi there,I'm trying to transfer a windows license from my old PC to my new one.My current PC has Windows 10 Home while my old PC has Windows 10 Pro.I've tried contacting support but it doesn't give me the required help.When asking to speak to somebody it encounters an...
  6. file transfer from old pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file transfer from old pc to new pc: how do I transfer files and photos from old computer to new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-pc-to-new-pc/f7bda902-fac7-458f-a55d-ad9f464f3c80
  7. Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc: If you are coming from a old pc and need to transfer your old profiles try this. Go to your old pc Press Windows + R to open the run command type%appdata% Go to the mozilla folder Click Firefox and Profiles Copy the folder(s) if you have more than one folder Make a...
  8. cannot restore old firefox profile

in Browsers and Email
    cannot restore old firefox profile: I realise this post is not exclusively related to Windows 10, but someone out there may be able to help me. I carelessly ended up with a virus today and it played havoc with my Firefox browser. Fortunately a couple of weeks ago I had saved a copy of my Firefox profile...
  9. steps to transfer firefox bookmarks from old hdd to nw windows 10 pc

in Browsers and Email
    steps to transfer firefox bookmarks from old hdd to nw windows 10 pc: Am having problem transfering my firefox bookmarks from a salvaged W7 hard drive to my new windows 10 firefox browser. Have read posts on the subject but am sonewhat confused. Can someone please give me instructions on where to find the needed bookmarks file on my salvaged...
  10. Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC: I have an older PC in which the motherboard is dying. I bought a newer PC and since the HDD is still good on old PC I wanted to install the HDD to the new PC as a 2nd drive. That way i can keep the files and have more room. My question is to make room on old HDD can I delete...