Windows 10: Firefox title bar is always GRAY in Windows 10!

Discus and support Firefox title bar is always GRAY in Windows 10! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just had a clean install of Windows 10... and the title bar in Firefox is now gray! And it doesn't change when the window becomes active. I THOUGHT I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mr Mag00, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Mr Mag00 Win User

Firefox title bar is always GRAY in Windows 10!

Just had a clean install of Windows 10... and the title bar in Firefox is now gray! And it doesn't change when the window becomes active. I THOUGHT I followed instructions on how to get the color back in the Firefox title bar. In the Firefox Profile folder, I created a new folder, (and named it "Chrome"). Then I created a new file, <userCrome.css>, inside the "Chrome" folder. The instructions gave some code that goes into the "userChrome.css file. I pasted the code in there and restarted Firefox.... and nothing happened! *Sad

Does anybody have any ideas as to what's happening here?

:)

Mr Mag00, Jul 25, 2016
  2. PDQpat Win User

Creators Update ruined my fonts

Winaero Tweaker didn't enlarged text in either Title bar or menus. It changed the color of the title bar to blue but even Windows personalization does that - and better. I'm wondering if there's a left-over font setting that's making these two items smaller.

Too small:

All title bars

File Explorer menu bar

Firefox menu bar, tabs

Firefox icons/arrows dropdown lists

Notetab menubar

Normal text:

Firefox URL box

Firefox search box (but not "suggestions")

Thunderbird menu bar, tabs

Notetab tabs

PDQpat, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Accent colors on Win32 and UWP apps on build 15046?

Does the title bar color (in Project) change when you select another Color in setting?

As far as I know Project and all Office applications title bars and menus are owner drawn, that means that the global system settings have no effect on these UI elements.

The color of the frame is the same as the selected color in settings, but this should change with the selection (what you call focus). If the application is selected, the (tiny) frame (and possibly the title bar) is drawn in the selected color, else it's
    gray. One exception to this is Edge, which has it's frame color always on.

willy denoyette, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Mr Mag00 Win User

But didn't you read my post? *Smile There were instructions on how to get color on the Firefox title bar. The instructions didn't work! I was wondering why. Where did you read that the title bar in Firefox is always gray in W10? Then you can't tell when the window is active or not. *Sad

Mr Mag00, Jul 25, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Guess I'm missing something here, the 2 posts read like you are having a discussion/argument with yourself.

The problem you describe also happens with Firefox on Linux Mint. It's the Tabs tabs that change color/shade to show active or inactive.

Berton, Jul 25, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Same thought I had when I read post #2

Winuser, Jul 25, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    I'm guessing you are referring to the Tab Bar, not the Title Bar.

Works for me!

Full path:
    C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\Chrome\userChrome.css

Edwin, Jul 25, 2016
  8. Firefox title bar is always GRAY in Windows 10!

Hi, @Mr Mag00:

In addition to the excellent advice already offered....

Yes, the default theme for Firefox under Win10 uses a light gray background for the UI, including the background for the navigation toolbar, the bookmarks toolbar, the tabs.

There are many, many ways to customize/change that -- some of them are easier than others.
    If you want to go the "userchrome" route, you may want to look into the Stylish extension.
    (And there is excellent, expert, free help with userchrome modifications at this user community: forums.mozillazine.org)

It might be easier to find an extension HERE that does what you want.
    For example, ColorfulTabs will assign different, random colors to each new tab.
    Classic Theme Restorer contains many, many options for customization -- it might provide an option that does what you want?

There are also many THEMES for Firefox. Perhaps one of those will do what you want?

Before implementing too many changes to your Firefox profile, you might want to consider backing up your existing profile (or at least critical data, such as bookmarks), and/or creating a new, test profile for experimenting. That way, you will have a way to roll back changes, if needed.

>>Perhaps if you could please provide us with a bit more detail exactly what you want to do, we could provide more specific help.*Smile

Thanks!
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 26, 2016
  9. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Jul 26, 2016
  10. Hi:

Great minds think alike.*chuckle

I don't do a good job here of setting out my embedded links so that they are obvious and readily visible to the reader.*Sad
    Your way of doing it works better.
    Thank you for providing that additional clarity for the OP and for others reading this thread.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Firefox title bar is always GRAY in Windows 10! - Similar Threads - Firefox title bar

2. How to remove Firefox View button from Firefox Title Bar

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Firefox View button from Firefox Title Bar: [ATTACH]This post explains how to remove Firefox View button from Firefox title bar. Firefox View is a new feature of the Firefox browser that lets you sync browsed content across various devices using the same Firefox account. It is represented by a pinned tab that stays at...
  3. How to remove Tabs Search Arrow from Firefox Title Bar

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Tabs Search Arrow from Firefox Title Bar: [ATTACH]This post explains how to remove Tabs Search Arrow from Firefox title bar on a Windows 11/10 computer. When you open multiple tabs in the Firefox browser, the width of the tabs reduces to a certain extent to fit the maximum possible tabs in the title bar. This makes...
  4. Firefox to use Windows 10 active/inactive title bar colors

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox to use Windows 10 active/inactive title bar colors: How do I go about forcing/telling Firefox to use the established Windows 10 active/inactive title bar colors. Is it done via chrome scripting... Need help... please be as detailed as possible. Randy Reist 162455
  5. Windows missing Title Bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows missing Title Bar?: I have 2 PCs running Windows 10 PRO. I"m not sure what its actually called, but on the desktop, when I open a window - browser, Syncback, whatever, the top of the window has a bar with the name of the program (title bar, I think). [img] On the LAPTOP, there is NO bar at...
  6. Missing title bar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing title bar on Windows 10: I've recently lost the title bar on certain programs currently known programs are: Command Prompt, Notepad++, Atom and WinRAR. I'm on Windows 10 version 1909, dual monitor setup. Took these a while ago of my whole screen 1920x1080.First using the default Windows Notepad and...
  7. Window title bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window title bar: [ATTACH] Anyone know if its possible to display the 4 windows like this but without the title bar along the top of each window? https://preview.redd.it/a86t468p5p141.jpg?width=1908&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=047e083d08c51455c01fa7d1ddafe47c6c732066 submitted by /u/yenmiT...
  8. title bar color, windows 10

title bar color, windows 10: Is there any possibility to make active window title bar color exactly the same as the accent color, not darker? I am using "automatically pick an accent color from the background" on and dark mode. I would like brighter colors on active window title bar. Thank you....
  9. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...
  10. Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox: How to: Add or Remove Title Bar in Firefox [img] Information The title bar is at the top of Firefox. It includes the Firefox icon in the top left corner, and the full title of the currently opened tab. The title bar is not added by default in Firefox since it does take...