Windows 10: Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

Discus and support Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For the past few days I have been constantly plagued by a problem with my Firefox Browser [ver 56.0 (64 bit)]. When I try to open Firefox, the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sassofalco, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

For the past few days I have been constantly plagued by a problem with my Firefox Browser [ver 56.0 (64 bit)].

When I try to open Firefox, the follow page also opens up in addition to, and over the top of my usual "Homepage". I then need to click on the "Close" box to get rid of this annoying page, to display the homepage underneath.

Firefox - URL-  "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage [​IMG]

I cannot recall changing any Firefox settings, and am wondering what I need to do to stop this useless and time wasting event from happening again. What settings should I be checking to stop this?

:)

sassofalco, Oct 17, 2017

2. Browser opens in MSN (Firefox)

Then, to recap, when Firefox opens

[1] one tab is MSN and one tab is the ISP homepage?

Or

[2] One instance of Firefox opens to the homepage and another instance of Firefox opens to MSN?

Have you checked Firefox add-ons to see if there's a MSN add-on?

Have you checked the Firefox home page(s)?

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 17, 2017
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia Firefox - URL-  "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

Josey Wales, Oct 17, 2017
  5. 1. Have you checked Options/General/Startup/"When Firefox starts""?

2. If that is okay, then try opening Fx n Safe Mode; problem still there?

3. If answer to (2.) is yes, then run the standard diagnostics, to see if that can find the problem:

Standard diagnostic - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Not Myself, Oct 18, 2017
  6. eore Win User
    A terrible thing to say but I'm glad someone else has this problem.I have been trying for weeks to fix this with no luck.

eore, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

1. Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage - Similar Threads - Firefox URL sessionrestore

2. Microsoft Store keeps opening as a homepage

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store keeps opening as a homepage: My homepage in Microsoft Edge is set to Google but instead I get the MS Store as a homepage. I wonder why Microsoft makes the Store my home page?...
  3. Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage

in Browsers and Email
    Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage: Hi everyone, I am experiencing issues with changing my homepage in Mozilla Firefox. (It's Windows 10 btw, the newest). I have followed all the steps on the google help website as well as the firefox website and the windows 10 website, but every time I close and open up...
  4. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  5. Microsoft is spamming my firefox opening homepage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft is spamming my firefox opening homepage: How do I stop Microsoft from spamming my Firefox opening homepage with: Try Edge and this URL: "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10"?...
  6. Firefox And Opening Screen ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox And Opening Screen ?: Hello, Have made Firefox my default Browser. New user to W10. Would like Firefox to open up (full screen) as soon as I log in to W10, and not just have that very pretty flower background show. How do I do this please ? Thanks, Bob 30552
  7. Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file: I'm running windows 10 pro build 14986. For example, I go to bing.com. I drag and drop the shortcut from Firefox to the desktop. I double click on the shortcut and it opens File:///C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/OB0L0QRF/HGCFGEDM. I can watch...
  8. Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing: I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing. I've scanned for virus' & malware w/ Malwarebytes & Defender. Also used McAfee Stinger. No problems found. Is there a setting...
  9. Firefox Always Asks for Homepage Choice When Starting the Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Always Asks for Homepage Choice When Starting the Browser: Dell Inspiron 3656 Desktop Windows 10 Home AMD A10-8700 processor integrated chipset 8MB DDR3L RAM 1600 MHz SATA 2.5TB HD Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n Bluetooth 4.0 Realtek 5.1 hi def audio nVidia GeForce GT705 video card ================= Whenever I start my Mozilla...
  10. URL link opens in IE although Firefox is my default - why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL link opens in IE although Firefox is my default - why?: Haven't used my Win 10 Pro 64-bit much yet. But just noticed a problem. I have installed a program called HippoEdit, which is an advanced text editor for creating and editing code. (I'm not a coder -- I'm just starting to learn VBA for Word, and this program HippoEdit was...