Windows 10: Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

Discus and support Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For the past few days I have been constantly plagued by a problem with my Firefox Browser [ver 56.0 (64 bit)]. When I try to open Firefox, the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sassofalco, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

For the past few days I have been constantly plagued by a problem with my Firefox Browser [ver 56.0 (64 bit)].

When I try to open Firefox, the follow page also opens up in addition to, and over the top of my usual "Homepage". I then need to click on the "Close" box to get rid of this annoying page, to display the homepage underneath.

Firefox - URL-  "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage [​IMG]

I cannot recall changing any Firefox settings, and am wondering what I need to do to stop this useless and time wasting event from happening again. What settings should I be checking to stop this?

:)

sassofalco, Oct 17, 2017

2. Browser opens in MSN (Firefox)

Then, to recap, when Firefox opens

[1] one tab is MSN and one tab is the ISP homepage?

Or

[2] One instance of Firefox opens to the homepage and another instance of Firefox opens to MSN?

Have you checked Firefox add-ons to see if there's a MSN add-on?

Have you checked the Firefox home page(s)?

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 17, 2017
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia Firefox - URL-  "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Oct 17, 2017
  4. Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

Josey Wales, Oct 17, 2017
  5. 1. Have you checked Options/General/Startup/"When Firefox starts""?

2. If that is okay, then try opening Fx n Safe Mode; problem still there?

3. If answer to (2.) is yes, then run the standard diagnostics, to see if that can find the problem:

Standard diagnostic - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

Not Myself, Oct 18, 2017
  6. eore Win User
    A terrible thing to say but I'm glad someone else has this problem.I have been trying for weeks to fix this with no luck.

eore, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage

1. Firefox - URL- "about:sessionrestore" opens in addition to Homepage - Similar Threads - Firefox URL sessionrestore

2. URL shortcut - open with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL shortcut - open with: You can make shortcuts for programs, but a special thing is to make shortcuts to web URL's The thing is, if you right click on these, there's no open to open this URL with this or that browser. I would prefer that you have that option for each separate URL shortcut, but then...
  3. How to add the additional bar at my settings homepage

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add the additional bar at my settings homepage: How to add the additional bar containing My Microsoft account, OneDrive backup, windows update, rewards at my settings homepage, just like the picture below [ATTACH]...
  4. Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage

in Browsers and Email
    Help Needed in Changing my firefox homepage: Hi everyone, I am experiencing issues with changing my homepage in Mozilla Firefox. (It's Windows 10 btw, the newest). I have followed all the steps on the google help website as well as the firefox website and the windows 10 website, but every time I close and open up...
  5. Microsoft is spamming my firefox opening homepage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft is spamming my firefox opening homepage: How do I stop Microsoft from spamming my Firefox opening homepage with: Try Edge and this URL: "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10"?...
  6. Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox url shortcut downloads and opens a file: I'm running windows 10 pro build 14986. For example, I go to bing.com. I drag and drop the shortcut from Firefox to the desktop. I double click on the shortcut and it opens File:///C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/INetCache/IE/OB0L0QRF/HGCFGEDM. I can watch...
  7. Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Homepage keeps resetting to Bing: I've read several threads here about the homepage resetting to Bing and I've tried all the recommendations. My homepage continues to reset to Bing. I've scanned for virus' & malware w/ Malwarebytes & Defender. Also used McAfee Stinger. No problems found. Is there a setting...
  8. URL link opens in IE although Firefox is my default - why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL link opens in IE although Firefox is my default - why?: Haven't used my Win 10 Pro 64-bit much yet. But just noticed a problem. I have installed a program called HippoEdit, which is an advanced text editor for creating and editing code. (I'm not a coder -- I'm just starting to learn VBA for Word, and this program HippoEdit was...
  9. Change Homepage in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Firefox: How to: Change Homepage in Firefox How to Change Homepage in Firefox in Windows The homepage in Firefox is what you see when you open Firefox, open new windows, or click/tap on the Home button [img] in Firefox. You can select to have your homepage be Firefox Home...
  10. Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox: How to: Set Custom URL for New Tabs in Firefox How to Set a Custom URL for New Tabs in Mozilla Firefox [img] Information When using Mozilla Firefox web browser following installation, the new tab default setting opens with Firefox's recently visited webpages displayed...