Windows 10: Firefox vs Chrome

Discus and support Firefox vs Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Craig, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Craig Win User

Firefox vs Chrome

I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink
    today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web pages and the 3rd party tracking feature seems to work well...I didn't take off Chrome but would appreciate any input from the experiences of others who have recently used both and which one YOU prefer to use for your primary browser... *Smile

:)

Craig, Mar 28, 2019
  2. TheHunter Win User

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

IE11 has adblock easy list too.

ie http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists

Altohugh my no1 is still FF, the only thing that kinda sucks is it doesnt have full 1080p 60fps support @html5 (max 720p), IE11 plays that fine np.

TheHunter, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Naito Win User

Firefox vs Chrome

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

Not that IE is my main browser (Firefox is), but Adblock Plus is available for IE now. Alternatively you can use custom Tracking Protection lists to perform a similar function. Personally, I find IE very good, but Firefox is slightly better for my use (also it's a habit). In my own personal testing, Chrome used twice memory of Firefox with exactly the same tabs open (due to the way it manages processes). Some people have experienced many issues with Firefox, but I rarely ever do.

Naito, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Firefox vs Chrome

1. Firefox vs Chrome - Similar Threads - Firefox Chrome

2. Windows Server 2022 KB5034129 crashes Edge, Chrome and Firefox with white screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server 2022 KB5034129 crashes Edge, Chrome and Firefox with white screen: If Google Chrome or other apps/browsers are crashing after installing the KB5034129 update, you can try removing the .exe file from the registry to fix the broken apps. KB5034129 for Windows Server 2022 is a mandatory Patch Tuesday 2024 update that breaks Microsoft Edge,...
  3. After implementing Intune on Windows 11 Pro, Firefox and Chrome randomly shut down and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After implementing Intune on Windows 11 Pro, Firefox and Chrome randomly shut down and restart: Subject line says it all, but we have implemented Intune in our organization and since then, at least once a day and sometimes more often, Firefox and Chrome will randomly shut down, both at exactly the same time, and immediately reopen. Edge is not affected. I have some...
  4. After implementing Intune on Windows 11 Pro, Firefox and Chrome randomly shut down and restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After implementing Intune on Windows 11 Pro, Firefox and Chrome randomly shut down and restart: Subject line says it all, but we have implemented Intune in our organization and since then, at least once a day and sometimes more often, Firefox and Chrome will randomly shut down, both at exactly the same time, and immediately reopen. Edge is not affected. I have some...
  5. Cannot connect to iCloud.com with any web browser Edge, Chrome, Firefox on win 11 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to iCloud.com with any web browser Edge, Chrome, Firefox on win 11 pc: Windows seems to block access to icloud.com. Unchecking the Internet Protocol Version 6 TCP/IP v4 also did not help.I get the following error:Your Internet access is blockedFirewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection.Try:Checking the connectionChecking...
  6. Cannot connect to iCloud.com with any web browser Edge, Chrome, Firefox on win 11 pc

Cannot connect to iCloud.com with any web browser Edge, Chrome, Firefox on win 11 pc: Windows seems to block access to icloud.com. Unchecking the Internet Protocol Version 6 TCP/IP v4 also did not help.I get the following error:Your Internet access is blockedFirewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection.Try:Checking the connectionChecking...
  7. How to turn off "Ask for Permission" Apps Specifically Chrome and Firefox

How to turn off "Ask for Permission" Apps Specifically Chrome and Firefox: HiI Have tried to open Google Chrome and Mozila Firefox on multiple occasions to to something specific to that Browser, but have then found myself having to struggle with AVG Secure Browser and Microsoft Edge. Can someone help me disable my family safety so I can finally Log...
  8. How to turn off "Ask for Permission" Apps Specifically Chrome and Firefox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off "Ask for Permission" Apps Specifically Chrome and Firefox: HiI Have tried to open Google Chrome and Mozila Firefox on multiple occasions to to something specific to that Browser, but have then found myself having to struggle with AVG Secure Browser and Microsoft Edge. Can someone help me disable my family safety so I can finally Log...
  9. Distorted audio when going on websites on firefox and chrome, watching youtube etc. but on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distorted audio when going on websites on firefox and chrome, watching youtube etc. but on...: im using a focurite 2i4 through eris 3.5 speakers, and when i test the speakers in windows preferences it sounds fine. spotify runs fine, and games and ableton sound fine. but on youtube on chrome and ableton its distorting like crazy. i just built my pc so im new to pc and...
  10. Distorted audio when going on websites on firefox and chrome, watching youtube etc. but on...

Distorted audio when going on websites on firefox and chrome, watching youtube etc. but on...: im using a focurite 2i4 through eris 3.5 speakers, and when i test the speakers in windows preferences it sounds fine. spotify runs fine, and games and ableton sound fine. but on youtube on chrome and ableton its distorting like crazy. i just built my pc so im new to pc and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome vs. firefox 2019

2. firefox vs chrome

3. chrome or firefox

4. chrome vs firefox